Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47374 03/16/01 10:11 PM
Peter D Offline OP
OP Offline

Well, I've been doing Spring Forest Chi Kung for about three weeks now, between 30 and 60 minutes a day and I've found the following results:

Arthritis Medication for chronic spinal arthritis - reduced by half
Spinal flexibility - steady improvements
Reduced need for sleep - by about 1 hour/night
Increased sense of centerdness and connection
More patience with myself and other people
Less stress
Better appetite
Better work and connection with my own patients (I am a Chiropractor)

Congratulations guys! I'm impressed with your course and Chun Yi Lin's Chi Kung. You're making a difference!

Peace,

Peter D

PS: a good tip i picked up is that the central meridians (governing and conception ) are most open between 11:00 and 1:00 am and pm making these times some of the best for the Chi Kung practice.

#47375 03/17/01 02:02 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Appreciate the comments. Congratulations on the reduction of medication.

I used to wake every morning with creaks and sore joints. They instantly went away the first night I slept on my new Tempur-Pedic mattress about four years ago. (That's the Swedish foam mattress you may have heard about; it's displayed in Brookstone stores; I highly recommend it.)

Back to Qigong, a friend of my age, 45, complained this week of not wanting to bend over, or stoop down, or get up from sitting later in the day, because his joints hurt a little.

I knew of what he spoke, because I was there a few years ago, even though I worked out on a regular basis, saw a chiropractor twice a month, ate well, etc. Last spring I noticed that I no longer had those discomforts, that I quit thinking about whether to pick something up at night.

I finally understood one of the benefits I had written in the promotional material: Lubricate your joints for pain-free movement and greater flexibility.

I actually got the idea to include the benefit from John Du Cane of Dragon Door Publications. He has been a longtime business friend who publishes and distributes Qigong materials.

I never truly understood what it meant until I my joints were pain-free. I could not identify with the benefit until I had completely experienced it.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved