Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
#47407 03/29/01 07:08 PM

Even if your spine is supposed to be curved, it's like Pete said, "you will benefit from practicing Qigong."

You can still make your spine more energetically straight, more powerful, mobile.

#47408 04/07/01 05:36 AM

Claire,

Having worked on a number of people with scoliosis I am constantly amazed at how well the body adapts to changes that either come on gradually or that we were born with. It sounds to me like you are doing all the right things to keep your spine strong and supple. Energetically, what I have noticed when working on people with scoliosis is that they sometimes get energy blocks at two key areas: 1) where the curve starts and ends and 2) at the apex of the curve of the scoliosis. Here's what I would suggest to see if you have the blocks: When doing the sitting meditation where you are circulating the Chi around the micro-cosmic orbit (up the back and down the front) get a sense of whether your energy flows freely through your curve. If it does - super you're doing well. If you get a stuck, blocked or twingy feeling then the area is being restricted energetically. Breath into the area and spend extra time focusing energy into it while breathing in and out of it when breathing out - you may notice some heat in the area or some discomfort or tingling - those are all signs that the energy is opening up.

You also mentioned that your curvature was a source of self-consciousness when you were younger - if there is an energy blockage in your spine and it frees tself up you may notice that there is an emotional component to it that may reactivate some of these old feelings you had when you were younger. As I'm sure you're aware that's super as it means that you are healing at a very deep level. Just thank your body for the emotions and the release, experience the feeling and then let it go with sincere appreciation and love for the gift that it presented to you.

Hope this helps,

Peter D

PS Thanks for the kind words about Chiropractors!

#47409 04/07/01 01:28 PM
Claire Offline OP
OP Offline

Peter
Thank you so much for taking the time to post that information. It certainly does help.

I have only done the sitting exercise once and did not really feel the energy in my torso. I feel a very powerful feeling in my hands and they become very red when I do Gigong. It feels like a very sacred practice tome and I do believe it works. I actually when to my Chiropractor yesterday nd he said "keep doing what you have been doing." The only problem I have with QiGong is that I also do Holosync and it is really hard to devote the time to both practices. Both I am going to really try to someway implement it into my life. Again, thanks for you input.

Elaine

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved