Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47418 04/03/01 03:07 AM
mikejg Offline OP
OP Offline

I recently saw the video on Springforest Qigong, and I wonder why I don't read about more results of those practising it on this forum. Any feedback would be appreciated.

I also would be very interesting in hearing about others experiences with Qigong. It would be nice to hear about any tangible results.

I have only done the active exercises a few times but seem to feel "clearer" and more balanced as a result. It is just frustrating trying to find the time to do the exercises because I already do one hour a day of holosync.

I have been doing them since last thursday. One hour a day of active and 30 minutes of sitting meditation. Nothing to report yet except that my legs and back are a bit sore.

I am giving this my full attention. I stopped my Centerpointe meditation which has been a bit dissapointing anyway.

[This message has been edited by Free (edited April 03, 2001).]

You can combine Qigong & h/s. They do not work against each other in the least. I fully intend to restart Qigong b/c i did get wonderful results.

I only quit b/c my plate was just too full & the last thing in was the first thing out. I do not equate such terminology as "best" and "next best" to any of my personal growth tools. Every single one of them is vital & contributes to my personal well being. To attach a pecking order to *my* personal growth tools is to rank them & myself in an area that should never need ranking.

And, in my mental plane, subjective level i am working on Qigong daily. When i do restart it, it will be immediately as successful as it was before. In a certain sense, i've never stopped doing it mentally. Pete may disagree, but Master Chunyi Lin would not.

Also Jose Silva used these terms:

once a day is good
twice a day is very good
three times a day is excellent

To me this terminology is very important. Notice how he does not specifically say: good, better, best. Good, better, best is ranking. It makes you feel good is just not good enough. But, good, very good, excellent is different. Some days when i only was able to go to level twice, i just say: I did very good today and leave it at that.

I only had the tapes for about two weeks and I, too, have noticed that the soreness is gone. I have used the one hour practice tape every day. Today for the first time I did the practice two times. I started the program hoping to find some relief for high blood pressure. So far, there's been no change. Strange enough, I quit drinking coffee. It didn't take much effort at all and I just don't crave it any more. Also, my diet has improved in that I don't overeat as much as before. And my clothes feel a little looser, but not any noticeable weight loss.
I will be really interesting to hear others experiences.

Here are my results

Redusced anti-inflammatory medications for arthritis in half
Require 6.5 - 7 hours of sleep instead of 8
Better mood
Increased flexibility
Better focus
Good healing energy for my practice (I am a Chiropractor )
easier to go into trance state for meditations

I do 1/2 hour active and 10-15 minutes passive exercise/day at night.

Thanks again Pete. I think part of my frustration is that I am trying to do a full hour of the active exercies and no Sitting ones. I like you schedule. Think that might work for me

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved