Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#47476 04/24/01 06:58 PM
Claire Offline OP
OP Offline

When I first begin to prepare to do Qigong,during the Beginning of the Universe, my body sways all over the place. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what is happening?

#47477 04/26/01 09:39 PM
Claire Offline OP
OP Offline

Could someone please post the yin/yang recipe? Thanks

#47478 04/27/01 09:45 PM

Using spring water, boil half of whatever amount you use and combine it with the unboiled half. Add honey to taste - about a teaspoon is plenty to about 12 ounces of water.

#47479 04/28/01 11:55 AM

While i am fairly earnestly pursuing Spring Forest, this is one of the things that puts me off considerably - along with some of the Feng Shui discussions.. How could this concoction possibly do anything but hydrate a person. It sounds like simplistic new age mumbo jumbo. I believe Chunyi Lin is a very sincere and skilled person, but this stuff makes me wonder if his success isn't due mostly to his perserverance and dedication t rather this supposedly unique and powerful system that he has developed. Just my own thoughts....Harry

#47480 04/29/01 12:12 PM

Harry, my impression is that Chunyi isn't claiming to have created anything new; qigong is centuries old, but he has put it into an accessible form for modern westerners. Why not just take from it what is useful to you.

#47481 04/29/01 08:56 PM

Karen,

I realize that Qi Qong is not new, but I think LS IS marketing this as as a unique system which Chunyi Lin has personally culled from the vast body of qi qong that is out there. Thus, Spring Forest Qi Qong and not just Qi Qong.

Your advice is well taken, but sometimes it is hard to decide what you can use and what you can't when embarking on an endeavour that may take months to show any benefit. None of it makes any logical sense to me so it is all a leap of faith to some extent.

Do you do Spring Forest? If so what has your experience been? Thanks for the input.

Be well, Harry

#47482 04/30/01 08:56 PM

Hi Harry, I truly understand your concerns, having worked with so many healing tools and having had to choose carefully so as not to overload my nervous system with too much input. (More is usually not better).

And I've found some very useful tools in unusual packages. I've found that as with everything else in life, you can't judge a book by its cover.

Some of the criteria I use to determine whether something might be useful to me, is affordability, accessibility, and traditional wisdom.

With SFQigong, I trust that what is presented represents traditional practices and that the adaptations that Chunyi Lin and/or LS made to make it a marketable product, do not compromise its inherent effectiveness. I only trust this from having read about and practiced other forms of Qigong.

I started SF Qigong because I was hoping for a more integrated program that was doable for me, being in a somewhat weakened condition. Other tape programs just didn't provide a format that motivated me enough. Format, presentation, the way the exercises are organized, plays a big part in compliance. A program that presents excellent material but isn't as accessible or practical, misses the point. Doing the exercises regularly, whatever supports you in doing that, is more important than any technical details, in my opinion.

So I'm still evaluating SF Qigong. My suggestion would be, instead of analyzing its merit, take LS up on the 6-month money-back guarantee and work with it for a while. I'm sure you'll know within that time period whether it's helpful for you.

Whether SF Qigong is a whole new practice or a new form adapted from an old practice, I personally don't think is such an important question as whether it's of use to you in a practical sense. I feel it's worth putting it to the test in the laboratory of your own body to find out Take care.

#47483 04/30/01 09:16 PM

One more thought, on the negative side.. I thought the program could have been produced in a condensed form, with all the essentials intact, for a much lower cost. (I'm sure there are many people with serious health problems who simply can't spend that amount on anything no matter how valuable).

#47484 05/01/01 01:57 PM

Thanks Karen. You make a lot of sense. Basically, that is what I am doing; trying the program for the trial period. I feel that I can't really lose because if nothing else I get a nice meditation daily.

I totally agree with you on the package and posted something about that somewhere else on this forum. I could have gotten by just fine with only the video. I realize LS is a for profit company, but the " deluxe model only" mentality is in direct conflict with Chunyi Lin's "a healer in every household" ambition. Whether it works or not is a moot point for those who can't even scrape up enough to get the car running. Maybe the slogan should be revised to "a healer in every neighborhood."

Best of luck to you.....Harry

#47485 05/06/01 02:28 AM

Claire, I also sway, but it is usualy when
I am going into another frame of mind and have not let it distract or bother me in time it goes away as I get into the exercise.
quote:
Originally posted by Claire:
When I first begin to prepare to do Qigong,during the Beginning of the Universe, my body sways all over the place. Does this happen to anyone else? Does anyone know what is happening?

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved