Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47530 05/26/01 04:13 PM
Claire Offline OP
OP Offline

So I have been doing Qigong and while I find it relaxing I still have my doubts if it works. I really like Master Lin but wonder if you don't have to do the course with him as opposed to a video for it to be effective. I have not seen many post about it working for people who have learned it at home. Could people please post what positive benefits they have received from doing Qigong and if they have been healed of any physical problems. It sure would do wonders to motivate the rest of us--

#47531 05/27/01 02:43 PM

Claire,
I have been practicing various styles of qigong for several years. Different styles resonate for different people. It so happens, that Spring Forest Qigong has really resonated for me. As I have the benefit of living in Minnesota, I have been able to take the courses directly from Master Lin. There is an advantage to this, "but", the actual work happens on your own, day by day, doing the exercise and meditation. My profession puts alot of stress on my neck and shoulders. Last year I experienced alot of pain in that area as a result of working long hours. I was practicing some very good forms of qigong, but still having a problem in that area. About a month after committing to Spring Forest Qigong, and focusing on the active exercises, my neck and shoulder pain left. It is no longer a problem. I still do work that stresses that part of my body, but I can literally fix it the same day, with a session of exercise. I also find my posture is changing, and awareness of that, so I cause less stress while I work. I think the time you spend doing it makes a big difference. The difference between 30 minutes a day and two hours a day is great, as far as results go. I suggest as much as a commitment as possible. Pick a reasonable time period, say four to six months. Dive in , commit to it( or perhaps surrender to it, in a more relaxed sense), and see where you are at afterwards. Don't waste too much energy evaluating it step by step. I here alot of people comparing this style to that, too much, which is better, etc., to the point that it misses the point. Just do it, completely, then decide after a period of time, if it something that adds to your quality of life. No one else can tell you what is good for you, or which kind of qigong is better for you. You really have to relax, focus your practice, and open up, to experience transformative results. If you find it relaxing, that's great. Relaxing allows for opening up. The more you relax , the more you open up. You do the "work". A teacher provides the tools for you to do it. They don't do it for you. In this sense, you don't need to have constant exposure to the teacher. At some point, if this is a system that works for you, it is nice to make that connection. It is not necessary though, for you to enjoy the benefits. The more experienced you get, the more you can utilize information, just hearing it, or reading it, as you get more familiar qigong exercise and meditation. I would also think about finding a way to self motivate. Have a conversation with your higher self, you may find that you have answers to your questions, and don't need outside guidance or motivation.

#47532 05/28/01 04:01 AM

hi

i have had many good effects from doing qi gong

effects such as weight control, better sleep, not getting sick, changes in food tastes, changes in amount that can be eaten in one sitting, less salt .....

when you do your exercises, try to do them correctly, i started with some motion qi gong and quiet qi gong taught at my school, now i do the spring forest qi gong

just,"do your exercises every day," our master here would say, and so seems master chunyi lin

you will get results but it may take some time, take it as it comes, try to feel your energy flow

have fun and enjoy doing it, move your energy!

hope you keep going

#47533 05/28/01 11:48 AM
Claire Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you for taking the time to repsond. I appreciate it and it does help. I really like doing the exercises but it is hard to find the time to do it daily. I will keep doing it, however, because the more I do it the more I seem to be in touch with the energy movement.
Thanks again.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved