Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
moochy Offline OP
OP Offline

I dunno.
I feel bored and resistant to doing Qi Gong alot. I know I can get good results if I close my eyes and do Qi Gong while hearing the TV.
It doesn't feel like I get nearly as strong a response if I watch TV visually.
Does this mean I shouldn't do that?

best wishes all,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Hi Mike,
Sometimes you can reach plateau's, where the qigong exercise seems redundant or boring. This is an opportunity to take it to the next level. Stick with it. Let go of the statement "I feel bored and resistant to doing Qi Gong alot.", and replace it with a positive statement. Try a different setting.
Think of a pure or natural setting to do the exercises in. TuRn off the TV!!! Try going outside in the morning and doing the exercises in a nice green environment, or by some trees. If you can't get outside , something as simple as opening a window and feeling the fresh air come in. If you get tired standing, bring a chair outside. Remember Mike, that you are trying to improve your health. You are doing the work to do that. It is a positive thing, and you will feel better by doing it. Give it it's own time, without distraction and focus. Set some goals and stick to them.

moochy Offline OP
OP Offline

Makes perfect sense, Gallen!
There are lots of ways to change the setting, as by using some classical music or, as you point out, by going outside. I certainly could do that as long as I do so at times that avoid the intense heat nowadays.

best always,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

When I listen to the Spring Forest music , it compliments the exercise. Sometimes the natural sounds outdoors are a nice change, although it is hard to avoid some noise produced by civilization. Silence is also good. Classical music may be ok, but I would think certain passages could be a distraction and take you out of focus. I often wear a headset and clip the player to my waist, and go outside with the SF tape. It nicely shuts out the sound, but I still get the fresh air, a nice breeze here and there, etc. It feels much more open having the sky as opposed to the ceiling.
Mike, I noticed your posts are late at night.
I am not sure how the time zones work in this forum, but make sure you get plenty of rest. If you are ill, going to bed by 10pm/11pm is better. Exercise, for me, early in the morning is great. The time seems to go much faster. It is easy to get into the exercise.
When the birds start singing, there is new energy of the day to experience.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I either practice in silence or with Spring Forest Qigong music. I've practices so long that it is much, much easier to go into the emptiness with the music. You know the old "bell rings and the dog salivates?" Well, the music plays and I slip into the emptiness.

Chunyi says some people become bored in the early stages. As they begin to open their channels it takes more and more energy to fill the channels and it takes more time to feel the energy, which could be boring. After a couple of weeks, however, the reservoirs are filled and you can feel the energy again quicker and fuller.

A woman called in today saying she has felt tired after beginning her practice. Chunyi says that some people need more sleep, and that Qigong practice brings that out.

Keep practicing. I'm heading upstairs for an evening meditation as soon as I brush my teeth.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved