Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
moochy Offline OP
OP Offline

I recently purchased a complete set of 32 Beethoven piano sonatas played by Robert Silverman. I got it from www.stereophile.com and the high fidelity is really wonderful.

I find that doing QiGong while listening to these wonderful recordings is a uniquely pleasurable experience.

Have any of you folks tried playing good music while doing Qi Gong??

best wishes all,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Hi Mike,
There is nothing wrong with a pleasurable experience.
When I do qigong, I think of transformation, regeneration, and healing as goals. When I sit and meditate , or begin the active exercises, I am entering a space to focus my intentions on these things. For results, or growth in these areas, it takes focus. I view this activity as work, not in the negative sense of the word, but as a very positive activity with rewards. Outside stimulus can be very distracting to this work if it isn't helping me do that. I love Beethoven, but it doesn't help me focus, or feel expansive in a
purposeful sense regarding "doing the work" of qigong. It is moving, it stimulates my emotions, it creates pictures in my minds eye. I would rather work at my profession and listen to it, or sit in the bathtub, relaxed and listen to it, maybe sitting with friends at an evening get together...
Be sure you aren't trying to create outside stimulus that takes away from the purpose of setting aside a relatively short time, to focus on healing yourself, and pursuing the benefits and new experiences to be gained from focused qigong meditation and exercise.
It would be very hard to listen to Beethoven and do the small universe meditation, or concentrate on breathing in the active exercise, perhaps, while focusing on area's that one should address regarding blockages. The farther you get in, the more the outside physical sounds and surroundings disappear. I am finding that I hear the sound of Master Lin's tapes, specifically, less and less. I used to be aware of a certain passage, and know it was getting close to the end. Now, I don't hear that passage anymore.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved