Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
moochy Offline OP
OP Offline

I admit that my using Qi Gong while listening to Beethoven was speculative.

Using it with affirmations, however, is not.

I have always had problems getting things done.

I reason that when I tell myself to do something, my energy is not in balance because I am "wired up" to rebel against my parents and myself!

So, I do the elementary Qi Gong exercises when repeating an affirmation a few times.

I find that the affirmation feels "clearer" in my mind when I do this. Further, it is *far* easier for me to actually do what I want.

The only caveat is:if you don't find it works for you, check out a book by Sondra Ray or Nathaniel Branden about different kinds of affirmations that might make sense to use. Or toss out ideas to a friend or counselor about the kinds of affirmations you might use.

When I find it hard to just do something, as I recall the concept of "psychoenergetics," as example, I affirm that "When I want to do something, I have the full force of my energy available to me to do it."

I'd really appreciate if folks who give this notion a try tell me here how it works for them--or if it doesn't!

Oh, yes, and this is to Galen: I see Qi Gong not just as a healing system but as an energy balancing system. Doing things is fully as important as healing the body by removing energy blocks. Both contribute equally to somatic energy balance.

best wishes all,
Mike
moochy_hope@yahoo.com

Hi Mike,
I don't see qi gong as just a healing system either. I also mentioned transformation and regeneration in my other post. In concept, qigong can be difficult to define, in terms of how much it can be.
I had a very traditional and accomplished Shaolin teacher once that always said, work out when you feel like it. Your statement, " When I want to do something,I have the full force of my energy available to me to do it.", reminds me of this. I have found this to be true. I was blessed with will power and self discipline, so I am able to practice at other times too. I know this is not the case for everyone.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved