Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#47893 12/11/01 09:08 PM
jm Offline OP
OP Offline

chunyi tells us in level one to practice on plants and pets often removing blockages but doesn't go into any detail. i'm guessing the technique is the same as on a person. my dog has terrible flea irritation and i'm trying to get her some relief. trying sword finger through the whole body, don't know if this is correct. anyone have any insight to this. appreciate any input.

#47894 12/12/01 01:50 PM

I remember hearing about this. I think it pretained to developing a "feel", for feeling energy. Knowing that your dog has a flea problem, and addressing it with qigong,is different then ignoring that known fact, and trying to feel if your dog has any blockages, energetically. If I had hair lice, I would probably buy the appropriate shampoo and deal with it in that fashion, along with combing out the eggs, etc., as opposed to using sword fingers. I am not saying it isn't possible to have an effect, I just think you are working from the outside in, instead of the inside out.

#47895 12/12/01 03:44 PM

I reread my reply and wanted to make sure my response was clear. The idea is to work on feeling energy. If someone came to you and said they had a sore shoulder, you don't really listen to that and use sword fingers on their shoulder. You feel for energy blockages, that tells you what you need to know. The shoulder pain could result from a blockage in a completely different location.
From another perspective, if I deep cut, I wouldn't sit and bleed and use sword fingers on the cut. I would apply pressure, get it stitched up, then, afterwards use qigong to aid in the recovery and healing.

#47896 12/12/01 08:50 PM
jm Offline OP
OP Offline

i guess i didn't relay the problem clearly enough here. the flea problem is treated,it is a problem with an allergy from the flea bite. fleas are not present but she continues to scratch uncontrollably, it is a known condition with some pets. my wife and i are into natural healing for our pets so we keep away from vets.

#47897 12/14/01 10:36 PM

My apologies, I misunderstood your question.
Is all that you are doing is using sword fingers?

#47898 12/15/01 02:24 PM
jm Offline OP
OP Offline

yes, the sword fingers is all that i have tried, as i am not sure what to do. this is why i'm asking for any other input. i've viewed level 2 briefly, but still am concentrating on level 1. chunyi mentions pets and plants again in 2, but doesn't elaborate. i appreciate your response gallen.

#47899 12/15/01 08:11 PM

Hi JM!
I have now received my QiQong instructions and I know more of what you mean by sword fingers and how to apply the technique.
I have been doing energy work on our old Beagle/Lab (he's 11 people years) and it has been helping so I will try and tell you what it is I am doing.
I "manipulate" the energy field around his body, especially his right hip as that is the severely arthritic area. Sometimes he will be shaking so hard from pain that it takes a while for him to settle down, but once I go and sit with him on the floor, cuddle with him at his own level, and begin to hold my hands over him and "work up the energy field" then he slowly begins to go limp, and lie down. It is fun to watch his eyes get droopy! And after some minutes the shaking subsides, and stops, and he gives me the impression that he is in La-La Land. Just nice and drowzy - not shaking any more. Breathing steadies. And later, after he sleeps it off for a while, he rises without whining and yelping.
I may have given the impression that it is more dramatic than what it is (I sit with him on average about 30 minutes) - but there really is such an improvement that I decided to do this for him whenever he is in pain. Which is about every other day, as during his "good" days he goes and runs around like a puppy. (then he pays for his exuberence for 1 to 2 days!)

Now that I have watched the QiQong video, and read the booklet, I will try the sword fingers technique as well. What I will do, probably tonight - as today is one of Snoopy's good days!, is do sword fingers first while in my usual meditative state, all over him, then go to the hands-on massaging of his energy field. This involves pushing and pulling the resistance/field, stroking it (stroking his body about 2" - 8" above his physical body) and rubbing circles in this field as well. Just going wherever I am led.

My theory at present is that the sword fingers will break up blockages, and the stroking of the very physical energy body will be comforting. And when the dog is calm, not in pain, comforted, loved, he is in a much better place, a healed place, than if I just give him his arthritis medicine twice a day and call it good. I am thinking that this calming effect will be good for your dog's itchy condition as well. And with the added techiniques of QiQong the underlying condition should clear up as well.

I hope this helps. Please write back with what you accomplish with your pooch. The "healing" of ailments, both canine and human, is of great interest to me.

If you have any questions I'll give you what feedback I can.

Ann

#47900 12/16/01 05:01 PM

Great advice Ann. Love is powerful energy, and you are certainly bringing that in to the healing.
I also think your movements and intentions are bringing in outside healing energy. Relaxing your pet is great, that opens things up.
I would look more at L2 techniques regarding sword fingers, if you are using them. After energy is broken up, it can be removed other ways . I am sure you could also open up a pet's small universe before working on them. It is probable that some of Ann's movements are removing energy blockages. I think your approach(Ann) is very transformational, which can accomplish alot of things simultaneously.
I have taken level 2, but as yet , have not seen the take home version. I assume it has information on cloud hands and thunderpalms, which combined with sword fingers , is a literal way to break up blockages, remove blockages, and put in healing energy. I like what Ann is doing!

#47901 12/17/01 09:09 PM
jm Offline OP
OP Offline

ann7822: it is great to hear you are helping your beagle, hope he can spend many more loving years with you. pets can really bring joy to one's life,and they depend on their humans help.
i appreciate your response along with gallen's support. will continue to try helping her.

#47902 12/27/01 04:35 PM

hi jm,

my name is hojun kim, and i will be taking level 4 with master chunyi lin in february

here is some of what i have learned

1) there are no rules when you get higher up , everything is in your mind, any "technique" you try will work if you believe and you have progressed enough
2) scan your animals body like they teach you in level two
3) in traditional chinese medicine, ( i will have my acupuncture/ herbal liscense in march) allergies often have something to do with the kidneys, also the lung controls the skin, and the liver is in charge of the cleaning of the blood, focus on these organs to begin with, if you pick up a blockage then remove it , it's that simple
4) when i treat animals i try to treat them like humans, meaning that i open up the du and ren meridians ( these are the energy channels in the back and front of the body)and try to treat them like humans, of course this is not always possible, therefore i have done everything from holding the animal in my arms to giving it energy from a distance by pointing to it ,etc.
5) try to heal your pet, it will work, review level two fully, work with confidence, feeling, visualization, and as always with love, kindness, and forgiveness

good luck , i hope your pet gets better
ho jun kim

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved