Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#47904 12/20/01 06:42 AM
Ann7822 Offline OP
OP Offline

I have read the posts from a search for "water", but I still have a question about preparing the Yin/Yang drink.
I know I may be spliting hairs, but maybe there are others out there who have the same questions and are just waiting for someone else to ask ... so here goes. *stepping up to the plate*

We live in the country, well into the boonies actually, and have a good well. Would well water work as well as spring water? If spring water is best, should I gather it nearby myself or trust that what I buy at Walmart is in fact actual spring water? Is it alright to boil it in the microwave? <-- that's a purest question. It's to be made one cup at a time and then consumed while still warm, right?
At present I am using well water, boiled in the microwave, with raw honey from the health food store.

Thanks in advance.

Ann ~ and boy is this Qigong fantastic!

#47905 12/19/01 08:37 PM

Ann7822

I've been told that Microwaving food literally kills all nutritional value.

What effects does this have on water, not sure but safest method in my opinion would be to boil water to eliminate any impurities.

As for using Well water, with Spring water so cheap ... why deviate from the recipe?

Don't be fooled by honey brands claiming to be natural. Many are loaded with antibiotics! Best bet is to use organic brands.

#47906 12/19/01 08:56 PM
jm Offline

i also was curious about using actual spring water,as this is what chunyi says to use. i have been taking this water mixture for a few months. i use boiled water with filtered water from tap not knowing if this is correct or not. in level 2 chunyi mentions again about yin yang water but says boiled water with regular water, so i don't see why your water wouldn't suffice. unless someone out there really knows more about this. also i use a hot shot water dispenser made by sunbeem which boils water in a few seconds. good luck

#47907 12/22/01 05:23 PM

Hi--
I will throw in my two cents!
I think it is best to think in terms of basic opposites here. Cold water and hot water. Pure is of course better. I would say fire is more basic than the microwave, but whether it makes a difference , I don't know. Boiling definitely puts energy in the water too.
I make mine in the microwave, but I do something to the water after I take it out. Same for the spring water I keep in my refrigerator, as it is in a plastic container. This is not from SFQ, but deals with the energy non the less, and I learned it from a teacher/medicine man. I share it, as I don't know how to answer within the context of the forum. You can take it or leave it.
Everything has energy in it. Things stored in plastic or aluminum cans are not good for you. Microwaves are obviously not good energy to put into your food. If a cook prepares your food, and is angry, "that" goes into the food. Even natural sources of energy are not necessarily good for you, if you don't need that energy. A way you can neutralize something is by passing your swordfingers over it North to South and East to West, four times. This connects to the four directions. I had a lesson once neutralizing an oreo cookie! I held a dowser over the cookie. The dowser moved, showing the energy in the cookie. After I neutralized the cookie, the dowser picked up nothing. This is also a spiritual way to bless the food, or anyting you consume, and thank mother earth. I neutralize everything I consume. In level III there is related info regarding putting healing energy into water. I offer this info as a possible consideration for now. Originally I learned it with just the index finger, but I naturally changed to swordfingers, even prior to taking SFQ, as that hand position seemed and felt much more powerful to me. The four crossing movements connect to and bring in the four directions, which you can think of like the masters energy if you want. Again, this is from me, and you can take it as you like. Regardless, you should be able to tell something from the results of what you are currently drinking...I feel it as calming, healing, soothing, warming, etc..

#47908 12/24/01 02:37 PM
jm Offline

anyone's input is always appreciated, as i would think that is the reason of this discission forum. especially someone with knowledge and experience. us novice's need help and guidance to learn the correct properties. a big thank you. p.s. gallen, you mentioned level III, level II was just put out. you must be high on the totum pole. just curious, do you know how many levels in sfq? thanks again for shared knowledge.

#47909 12/24/01 04:01 PM

There are currently four levels offered in Minnesota. I am noT high on a totem pole. I feel the same challenges you do in studying and making progress healing and transforming.
I don't think that ever ceases. I had prior experience coming into SFQ that helps me retain and understand the material. I have tremendous respect for anyone who is learning SFQ and actively doing healing work. I think there are a fair amount of people in that category. There is not a totem pole, or placement of people related to levels. There are obviously people who are more professionally aligned with the practice of SFQ, and active healers. I am not in that category at present, and spend most of my time in creative pursuits. We are all moving in the same direction towards a common destination. The differences between us is minor in the big picture, and from that viewpoint, can help us to not be judgemental. There you go, I am off on another track! Trust yourself and your own power. It is no less in potential than anyone else's. I hope everyone on this forum says what they think and feel. Everyones input is valid, and you learn something from participating. Sometimes about yourself and what you are trying to express.

#47910 12/27/01 05:04 PM

hi everyone,

few notes on yin/yang water
i have seen many q's about this topic so i'm throwing in my two cents
1)honey is considered a herb in TCM (traditional chinese medicine) as master lin says,"it takes thousands of bees visiting thousands of flowers to produce honey" because of this, many asian people like my parents have known that honey is a powerful herbal medicine
2)master lin says that using local honey, like eating local foods is better than using any honey, but use what you can get (for instance a person with allergies may benifit more from honey made by bees visiting the same plants in your area), maybe your well water will be better for you for just this reason, i am not certain, but oh well maybe
3)as for more specifics, i asked master lin about yin/yang water when i saw him for level two since i'm as anal as anyone else
- q's like how cold the cold water has to be, should it be from the refrigerator? or can i use the water that has been in my car (in texas that water can be very warm, even hot!)
- does the mix have to be 1/1 etc.

the message i got was that it was important to try to do your best in drinking the water daily

i hope everyone gets as much benifit from SFQ as i

have fun
ho jun kim

#47911 01/07/02 10:51 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

I just talked with Chunyi Lin, and here is what he said:

* Tap Water - good
* Spring Water - better
* Well Water - best

* Microwave - okay
* Stove top - preferred

* Water from Fridge - okay
* Room Temperature - preferred

#47912 01/10/02 10:01 PM
Ann7822 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, Pete!
I've only just now read your response here.
And a thank you to Master Lin also.

PS. I am very very highly pleased with SFQ. I had rather thought I would be, but did not realize the "results" (with the relatively little time that I have put in so far) would be so telling, discernible. I am greatly encouraged.

~Ann

#47913 01/10/02 10:36 PM

Well Water - best. Thats just great, now I have to go out to my property and find a water vein!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved