Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4137 04/05/02 12:06 AM
OP Offline

hi there
I am realizing i sleep way to much. about 12-18 hours a day. I want/feel the need for sleep all the time. A big part of it is a dont have anything better to do with my time. (i am a recovering tv/videogame attic)
well any thoughts?
thanks all

#4138 04/05/02 04:15 AM

Hi boylanpower. I'd try self esteem supercharger (every day for a couple of weeks) ten minute supercharger (whenever you wake up for a couple of weeks) and new behavior generator (use anybody you know or any character you've seen on TV that has loads of energy).

I'd also try a few week cycle of listening to the celebration series, one a day. Those dudes always pump me up.

And I'd also try, since you got the time, get out and just walk around your neighborhood. At first it might seem strange and uncomfortable, but if you go in this shop, and buy a coke, go in that shop, buy a bottle of water, whatever. Just say hi to the same people you pass by. After a couple of weeks when you go for your daily walk you'll see people that are really, really glad to see you. Not just because you buy from them, but because you are a familiar face. A face they like. And when you miss a couple days, people will be truly interested in where you have been.

And and knowing people miss you if you don't show up will keep you out of bed.

George

#4139 04/05/02 11:56 PM

Boylanpower, why don't you pass some of your sleep hours over to me? I wish I could sleep like you. Sometimes I'm lucky if I can get four hours of sleep.

#4140 04/06/02 11:02 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Also check that the room you are sleeping in is well ventilated. A common reason for lack of energy feeling the need to sleep more is not enough oxygen during your sleep. If you sleep in a small room do so with a door or window open to provide enough ventilation.

Failing that go outside and breathe!!!! In fact pick any paraliminal tape sit outside in fresh air and listen to tape with spine straight so you can breathe properly. Check out how you feel after that.

Hey if you really feel the need to sleep then do that. Make it ok.. if you really feel that you are sleeping too much, you first need accept that you want/need to do that, only then can you intuit what you need to do change. It quite possible that you're sleeping to much (in your opinion) due too the fact that there is something you are trying to avoid...perhap falling back into your former addiction? But like I said make it ok.. if the problem isn't caused by a health problem or environment then you'll find the answer/solution once you're cool with it.

Alex K

#4141 04/06/02 12:47 PM

Hi Boylanpower, I've found that exercise helps me to get moving too. I know that it gets those endorphins moving and gives me energy for the rest of the day. I know that since I've listened to the memory supercharger tape before bed, 3 out of 4 times I wake up before the alarm goes off. I stay in bed until it goes off but it's nice to wake up before and just wait for it to go off.

quote:
Originally posted by Boylanpower:
hi there
I am realizing i sleep way to much. about 12-18 hours a day. I want/feel the need for sleep all the time. A big part of it is a dont have anything better to do with my time. (i am a recovering tv/videogame attic)
well any thoughts?
thanks all

#4142 04/10/02 12:39 AM
OP Offline

So how should i go about reducing my baseline need for sleep? I like the idea of sleep deprivation. Ohh what i would do with an extra 12 hours a day. Well any thoughts?
thanks

#4143 04/12/02 09:51 PM

Sleep for two less hours, but remember to give one of those hours to me, and one to bhenry. Affirm this before sleeping, and see if you just happen to wake up correctly.

We thank you for the extra sleep.

#4144 04/25/02 11:44 PM

Hi Boylanpower,
You MUST line up things to do that are important to you! Reading, hobby, online classes, etc, anything you want to learn.
You must sit down with your mental self and ask, What have I always wanted to do/learn/be?
Think about childhood dreams and aspirations and see if you can do/learn/be those that are reasonably within your reach. I've noticed that once you establish those things that are attractive to YOU, then you begin to notice, as I did, there is NOT ENOUGH time in the day to do all the things you want!
Just don't over do it and deprive yourself completely of sleep!
Sleep has its place in our physical world.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved