Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Susan, Michael, Hel, et. al.,

If you’ll notice next to each name of a post are four graphics (sunglasses, an envelope, paper & pencil, and a paper with arrow symbol.) clicking on the sunglasses icon for that post it will give you the information the author was willing to share. In this there may be an email address listed. This creates opportunity for lateral conversations that aren’t specifically about clarifying the Spring Forest Qigong, or for a more personal note/check-in as when Gallen offered to a fellow Qigong friend in need.

For clarity, I do a piece of specialized bodywork called Burnham Systems Facial Rejuvenation. It was not meant as a withhold, however does not directly related to forwarding the understanding of Spring Forest Qigong and seemed more appropriately addressed off-forum.

As for the Qigong exercise video that promotes weight loss, if Susan was interested I’d check to see if the association had any more left and have them contact her directly.

Regarding "The Laws of Life", I appreciated Michael’s comment on looking at how one looks at themselves because of it’s impact on how others look at them. Skilled actors do a wonderful job enrolling casting crews and audiences. I would think that is determined by their effectiveness in enrolling themselves first? How one takes care of themselves physically, energetically and spiritually (not that you can really divide any of them from the other), will impact the body’s physical tissues –from the skin to how the body works with excess materials. A minor energetic adjustment has made a change in how my own body works, responds to exercise and to the food I put in it. It sounds like your willing to do the physical work required for the results you want. Qigong breathing/exercises will assist that work on many levels.

Much love (and words), Shawn

There are things regarding your appearance that qigong can definitely help. If you are in a hurry, or have little time to spend practicing, the possibilities lessen. Losing weight is certainly attainable. I feel that anything is possible. Exercise and practice of qigong, in my opinion, shouldn't have perceived limits placed on it by ourselves. The greatest results are possible this way. I think physical transformation is possible. I am not completely clear on this, but I recall Master Lin mentioning something about putting up a picture of yourself, perhaps when you were thin and youthful, and in your mind's eye, start seeing yourself that way. I spent some time once, practicing qigong, seeing myself as a youthful child as I did the exercises. I did not continue pursuing this, but I did feel something related to that practice. I was feeling old at the time, relative to the physical demands of this particular qigong style, and noticed a change in attitude about myself immediately. It helped that, and helped me get through the exercises. I learned about washing my face (wrinkles), years ago, and have always done it. It is in the end of Level I, Harvesting of Qi. It is a great self massage. The Burnham method Shawn mentions, might be another way to address this, that you really benefit from. I have found that simple can accomplish the same thing as complex. One method can be more suited to your preferences and feeling though. On this note, I would not discount looking at all offerings concerning treatments that affect your appearance. Especially if you have limited free time. It is not my personal preference to even consider plastic surgery, but, there are people who benefit from it. It certainly is utilized in your profession. The illusion of youth. There are lesser extremes involving professional skin care people, who often align with plastic surgery clinics. Lots to choose from! If you really immersed yourself in qigong practice, I would bank my money on the fact that your thinking would change, and your feelings about yourself would also change. You do have an energetic body too. This is also real, and perceived of by other people. No matter what you look like, this aspect of you can be very beautiful. I can't think of a greater asset, no matter what your profession. Set up a plan regarding all your physical issues. Qigong is an excellent base camp. You will find that you can make lots of progress before you reach a plateau where you feel you aren't making progress. Then make another plan and continue on.

Susan Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you Gallen for your wonderful words. They have given me food for thought. When you talk about the face massage, are you talking about the rubbing the face and ears?? I also like that one!!

Yes, that's the one. When you do the face part, think of "smoothing" out your face/skin. Smile, relax, visualize your youthfulness. You don't want to "rub", in the sense of making wrinkles while you wash your face. Think of the energy in your hands and stay aware of your connection to the universe. Collectively, harvesting qi has the main purpose of bringing you out of your meditation/exercise, and putting qi in the right places of your body,,, but you can squeeze that beauty treatment in!

So much talk about skin, wrinkles and all.

Why is it that some people identicle in age look younger than others? Is it food, drink, environment, genetic or thought that has such a positive impact?

Skin is just another external organ. Can Qigong energy be utilized to rid the skin of negative energy? Energy not only exist inside us, but around us as well. Can one not visualize energy entering skin, and negative, dead skin cell vaporizing into the emptiness?

I remember reading a passage from a book entitled "Nutrition for the Millenium". In the book the author states anytime you eat/drink something, ask yourself, do I wish for that to become a part of me? The book goes on to discuss other Nutritional issues ... great read!

So many issues to ponder ...

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Michael,

"...anytime you eat/drink something, ask yourself, do I wish for that to become a part of me? "

The same is true of what you put on your skin. It's going to be processed by your body too, so if it's quality and materials are such that your not willing to eat it...

Much love, Shawn

Shawn,

I couldn't agree more!

Michael

Susan Offline OP
OP Offline

Gallen, I was thinking about starting the "washing the face" technique you talked about to remove wrinkles. I know that it is the last thing you do when you Harvest the Qi, but how long do you "wash your face for?" How many times do you a complete "wash?" Thanks!!

Susan

Hi Susan-
I would do it when I wake up in the morning, and in the evening at the end of your day. It is far easier to achieve results with it in a preventative sense. Slowing things down or holding your ground. Transformation takes more energy and work. The more qigong work you do, the better. I am not talking this minimal practice, but your overall health, which is addressed more by something like an active exercise session. You could use this as a simple start to experiencing a pleasant meditative state, hopefully enjoy it, and consider going farther into qigong. Try this:
Morning
1) As you wake up, (could be laying down, sitting up in bed, or on the edge of your bed),take three deep breaths, in through the nose out through the mouth. When you inhale, think of expanding your lungs and filling them completely up, hold it for ten seconds or so, then exhale, all the way out through the mouth, thinking of expelling any old air in the lungs, out.. Envision the lungs as bright white, filled with white energy as you do this.
2) Relax your face, smile, smile inward, love yourself, open up, align your spine and crown point. A sitting position is better for this.
3) rub your hands together gently, and wash your face. Imitate really washing your face, like you pick up a bar of soap, then wash how you would actually wash your face. Don't rub hard. Move slowly.. Let your smile and relaxed feeling govern your touch. While you do this part, keep your mouth closed, tongue on the roof of your mouth, breathing through the nose only. As you wash envision energy coming in from the universe to your heart, see/feel the energy flowing out to your hands, and that energy going into your face washing. The energy can be coming in constantly on inhale and exhale, or into the heart on inhale, out to the hands on exhale. See yourself as youthful, and keep that smile permeating your whole being. Thank the higher spirits/master's energy for the day, and ask for help in what you are doing, "plus" helping you do your 'work' for the day. This helps with the present moment, and brings in spiritual energy. By saying "your work", see it as your entire purpose here. This can make a new beginning and good energy for the entire day.
4) finish by doing face massage from the harvesting qi exercises. Six times, move up the center of the face , focusing on index fingers/middlefingers making most of the actual contact. Circling out and down the outside of the face. Massaging the ears, if you feel like it and have time. Even doing the neck circles if you feel like it.
In the evening, I would do an abbreviated version, focusing more on just the washing, and closing, being aware of what you are doing. The lungs are nice to address in the morning part. Think of the energy in your hands doing the work, not rubbing. Don't rub and make wrinkles in your face, keep it all smooth...use energy..
I am trying to stretch out that morning experience! If you have the time to pursue a broader program of qigong, it will, of course, help even more with your overall feeling of contentment, happiness, and good health.

Author, Raymond Buckland wrote that if you visualize inhaling the color pink, you would then visualize puting it in your face and hold your breath for as long as you can, concentrating pink on your face, then exhale. He said he was doing this for about a year while driving and whenever he had the chance to practice it, and friends started noticing he looked about ten years younger. No plastic surgery needed there.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved