Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Please bear with me since I am not really knowledgable on Qigong and recently am looking into it. I realize that this is an established order of controlled breathing, concentration, and simple movements.

Now, how can restoring the 'flow' of Chi through your body be concentrated so as to affect your mental capacities? Is it possible? Can you channel this flow of energy to your brain so as to increase memory and recall? Can this have an adverse effect on the brain?
These are ideas that have occurred to me as I read up on different types of Qigong. It is my personal preference to apply Qigong in this way. However, If I'm totally off base, by all means, point it out to me!

Thanks for your time.

Hi,
In general, you can look at memory/recall as something that would benefit from qigong practice, as part of overall health and longevity. Not necessarily singling it out as an area/aspect of self you have to direct qi to. As one gets older, I think the benefits of qigong would become more obvious, regarding a higher level of youthfulness, as compared to someone who doesn't practice qigong. Again this applies to all aspects of one's physical, mental, and spiritual self. Now, what I think is really wonderful about the positive side effects of qigong, as related to your question, and more specifically related to meditation, is the enhancement of intuition, the gaining of wisdom, a greater awareness of about the truth of things, an enhanced inner vision, and so on. These things don't necessarily happen in a slam bang way. It can be extremely subtle. You can make breakthoughs or continual progress in this way, the same way you move through physical healing. It is another aspect of personal transformation. I also see this aspect of transformation as eternal. It goes back before this lifetime, and continues past this lifetime. An experience of gained awareness you can take with you.

JW Offline

One way that SFQ could help with memory and attention is through reducing anxiety that interferes w/ memory and attention. If there is too much going in the brain, too much processing, then some information doesn't get remembered. Too much relaxation and a person can feel sleepy; too much anxiety and the brain doesn't work as well as
it can. All this is from my training as a psychologist.
I often feel a pleasant relaxed mind state when I practice SFQ. Let us know what your experience is about that or about memory as you practice SFQ.
Peace to you,
JW

OP Offline

Thank you both for your insights. I haven't ordered the Course yet, so I couldn't tell you how I can apply these to myself. So figuring out if and how it would be beneficial to mental capacities is currently out of my reach. I will continue to monitor the forum to see if anyone else may shed additional light on this subject.
As to the Course, it would have to be after I purchase the Photoreading Course.

Thanks again.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved