Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48336 07/17/02 11:11 PM
OP Offline

I do not have the SF Qigong course, but I have been doing some testing with forms of it I find on the web. But my question is as follows: I was doing some Earth/Heaven meditation (I dont know if that is what it is called) and suddenly my guitars E string started vibrating and a tag started to flip around that was attached to the stand. Is it normal for physical objects to be effected by you energy? Is that what I am describing at all?

In the Earth/Heaven meditation you focus on energy coming from below you into your body and filling you, then from heaven and filling you and both flowin out.

#48337 07/17/02 11:39 PM

Is it normal for people testing with forms to have E string started vibrating and a tag started to flip around that was attached to the stand. Is it normal for physical objects to be effected by you energy?

Answer: no, it is not!

YOU HAVE A CALLING TO HEED---A TEACHER IS WAITING FOR YOU

#48338 07/17/02 11:40 PM
OP Offline

Thank you margret

#48339 07/17/02 11:46 PM

My answer is really based on your testing w/ forms. To me this says you have not been assiduously practicing QiGong for any length of time.

Therefore it says that you have a lot of free-floating energy that you can't control. Say a child sits down to the piano for the first time & starts to just play nicely. That's a child w/ talent, raw talent to be developed.

I think someone like Master Chunyi Lin could do stuff like that w/ his energy, but he chooses to heal people instead.

Maybe you are a natural born healer.

#48340 07/17/02 11:50 PM

Please read Barbara Brennen's Hands of Light. It's the classic in the chakra and energy field of medicine. It's mentioned in Paul's bibliography.

And i'm sure gallen will reply to your post w/ some ideas. Don't let this gift fall by the way-side in your life.

#48341 07/17/02 11:55 PM
OP Offline

Here is the site I found it at: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/meditation.htm

I was doing the Small Universe Meditation the way they described it and bofore I did that I was doing the exercises here: http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/qigong/qigong3.htm

I was imagining the energy splashing (like water) around me and then returning back to my body to restart the process. The image that may help you visualize what I was visualizing is a small spout on a mirror.

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited July 17, 2002).]

[This message has been edited by Mastermind (edited July 17, 2002).]

#48342 07/18/02 01:30 AM

Mastermind,
I am familiar w/ the Small Universe Meditation from SF-1. That's a nice one mentioned at that site. I like it very much.

How do you do w/: picture both energies traveling through you at the same time.

#48343 07/18/02 01:54 AM
OP Offline

yes, both at the same time.

#48344 07/18/02 02:03 AM

Well, keep up the discipline till your teacher comes. Keep an eye on the posts of gallen in this area. He's very disciplined and dedicated.

I'm off to India tomorrow---will catch you when i return

#48345 07/18/02 08:17 PM

India!!!! That was casual mention of a huge trip. May you have a smooth and safe journey... What a fascinating place to travel to. Master Lin has mentioned putting the sun around you when you travel, or see yourself in the sun, your airplane, travel partners... I know this similar to "putting light around oneself", but I like the reference to sun, in terms of it visually being the closest image we have of representing God, and, what the intensity of light the sun brings to the definition of light.
Margaret,,,I was watching this post...I like your answers , as always. BTW, I am not that disciplined! I have lapses. I justify them by my western definition of being an artisT! I recall meeting an another artist at a show I was exhibiting at, who was interested in qigong. I offered to help him connect to SFQ , if he came to Minnesota. He looked at me and stated, " I'm warning you though, I am a free spirit." I loved that. I could see a twinkle in his eyes. I pull that one up often. Maybe too often!
Back to this post: as I said, I like your response. I can think of instances where an initial exposure to energy work or of an exercise triggering an unusual or strong response/opening in the fabric of things. A connection.. It certainly isn't common.
"I would stress being humble." I say this sincerely. Don't focus sideways on what the exercise/connection may have caused. Stay with the exercise/meditation. I went to the sites you listed. The one on meditation was pretty general. I personally disagree with some of it. I think it is 'very' important to ground yourself. Many people have problems, simply from not being grounded. The earth will accept what we pour into it, toxic or not. A few words of thanks are in order when you ground. The earth is a living being, not a thing you just utilize. I also respectfully disagree with the relaxing of oneselve from bottom to top. I think the opposite is better, spending time feeling the bubbling springs at the bottom of your feet. I also think there are plenty of people who meditate
at other times of the day besides night time.
The small universe meditation was pretty thin compared to Master Lin's method. "Let me tell you how I really feel! :-)
It would greatly benefit you to get into a program that has focus and direction. You need to start somewhere. SFQ is a wonderful system of qigong, and you would greatly benefit from trying it out. Judging from your experience with those random meditations, you should really enjoy the level of stimulation SFQ would provide. Also, anyone reading these postings, should remember that you don't have to experience or cause unusual phenominon(sp?) to be successful at healing, your purpose here , or qigong in general. That is not the goal. Don't measure your success this way. Mastermind, I hope you pursue an energy discipline. You, as we all do, have work to do.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved