Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#48436 08/23/02 01:27 AM
OP Offline

Just received SFQ2 today and it's just beautiful. M. Chunyi Lin knows exactly how to present himself and his SFQ.

One thing i noticed immediately is that, like Jose Silva, he wants us to help/heal others. That is the whole focus of the Silva BLS. And, like SFQ, the first level is directed at balancing our energy. The BLS is directed at detecting sickness in others.

Truly the loving souls in this world are always thinking of others. I feel very priviliged to have studied and use daily the Silva techniques. Now i have SFQ2 which is going to help me help others. When i did the BLS, i was not interested in helping others in a healing manner. In the course, i got all the cases, 6 i think, correct. I was able to pinpoint areas of disease in people i knew nothing more than their name and age. It was a most disconcerting experience to me. The instructor was not able to help me when i commented that i was uncomfortable w/ having done that.

But, now w/ M. Chunyi Lin and his full sweetness and thorough presentation, i am feeling a little better on this. Even when i first heard his: A healer in every family; a world w/o pain, i felt uncomfortable. It just didn't seem like it was something i wanted to do. I'm being slowly, gently & securely led in this direction. It was most certainly not my intention when i studied Silva and SFQ1.

It's almost like healers can be developed or we are just naturally healers from the start. I guess i always thought it was like a calling.

#48437 08/23/02 01:39 PM

Congratulations on receiving your SFQ! I've been in metaphysics on and off since I was 17 and I'm 46 now. This energy is so different from anything I've ever experienced. I felt it as soon as I opened the manual.. Very beautiful.. I forgot to mention that I'm clairvoyant and empathic. I can't wait to master level one so I can move on to level 2. Well, at least have a good working knowledge of level 1.

Diana

#48438 08/23/02 04:25 PM

I am glad your experience is positive, and growing. I agree that it is a high calling to do healing work. I also believe that the universe supports that in a big way.
You can bring healing energy into anything, whether you are a teacher, a musician,or mowing lawns...how you view your work, how you do your work, the choices you make in regards to positive choices...healing takes place. Healing others can happen through direct healing work in a medical sense, or through music, art, teaching, spiritual work, taking care of the earth... As an artist, I am aware of what I put into a piece. The colors, the energy, where it comes from...it holds a vibration, that vibration is manifest in the work. When I experienced my first healing session with someone using SFQ, I was so elated by the experience, that I wanted to spend my time doing that, as opposed to my artwork. I opened myself to the possibility to doing that kind of healing work. I ran into alot of people needing healing work, but often the connection wasn't made to them coming to me for healing work. I felt like things weren't clicking in this pursuit. I have since found that my purpose here may or may not define itself that way. It is ok if I make art, heaven supports that too. When healing needs come up, whether it is me, or someone else, I have the tools to work with it. I can meditate and continue transformational work on self, and bring that into whatever work I am doing. What I am saying, is, regardless of whether or not you become a healer in the medical qigong sense, you can apply SFQ to your life and purpose. It provides broad choices of where to focus your selfwork, which inturn has a positive effect on your outward work in relation to other people and other things. In this offering of my own experience, don't be discouraged if a healing practice doesn't manifest itself. If it does , great, if it doesn't, just ask the spirits to show you where to apply yourself, your energywork, to make the world a better place, or fullfill your purpose here. I personally have a feeling my artistic pursuits "will" have somewhat of an end to them , at some point. Or, taper down greatly. I see qigong, and qigong healing work as a great asset going into that phase of my life.

Remember that ones energy should always be balanced. You can be out of balance on any given day, regardless of your level.
Level I and II and not sequential. Level I gives you the means to physically heal yourself, level II continues that, and, has that aspect of technique to heal others. Again, there are lots of choices. Teaching someone level I can be a way to heal another person, and, self empower them. Also shift them into the perspective of their responsibility and ability to heal themselves and stay healthy. Level II is another way to approach healing work. Very direct...but don't lose sight of everything at play. You are obviously gifted, and will contribute wherever or however you apply yourself, as this unfolds for you.

#48439 08/23/02 09:02 PM
OP Offline

Thanks, Diana. I only purchased SFQ2 because i know i wanted to continue qigong. I have awhile to go w/ SFQ1 before i get into SFQ2. I'm only doing it once a day and, that, for only 15-20 minutes. But, the meditation part i'm doing for 1-1.5 hrs. daily. I do think i will do the exercises for the 4 hand postures when i do the active exercises from SFQ1. I haven't had the energy experience you speak of. Yet, i must have some kind of energy flowing out, because when i did a healing on ma's shoulder, she asked me if i was touching her & i wasn't. I should say, i don't feel the energy until i attempt to do healing & then i clearly feel it. It's sorta pulling me along. I also started like you when i was around 17. Time flies b/c i'm 55 now

gallen, thanks so much for sharing your story. I whole heartedly agree w/ all you've written. I think you will eventually end up being guided to where you can help people. I probably will too but you seem to be willingly walking in that direction & i'm being pulled along. It is not something i feel comfortable doing. But much has happened to me in the last 7 years that is slowly guiding me.

Even before LS came out w/ SFQ, i had been wanting to learn it. I'd PhR books on it and Tai Chi and they felt just right. But, there were so many different kinds that i was waiting for guidance. Then LS came out w/ their course which totally blew me away. I ordered it immediately. And i practiced regularly for approx. 8 months or so & then it became so hectic that i quit. But i quit w/ the full intention to continue it when time allowed. I honestly never though i'd have the time to begin it again before retirement. The energy i experienced in India this past July was hollering for the SFQ1 active exercises.

It's truly wonderful how Pete became so interested in M. Chunyi Lin and was able to engineer it to a course. I'm very grateful.

#48440 08/24/02 01:16 AM
OP Offline

Well, after reading gallen's post about spreading the wealth, i think i'd better do the active exercises of level 2 at another time or alternate the active exercises of Level 1 & 2. I'm living a 25 hr. day as it is. Gotta do something about using my sword fingers to blast time to bits & live on it instead of in it.

#48441 08/24/02 03:47 PM

Margaret,
Although it is ok to alternate, one does not have to do everything, all the time. I would focus on one thing, experience that , then move to the other. By that , I mean, try doing active exercises, level I, for a week. Try doing the full set every day. Or, at least for , say, three days. Each time you do them, you will experience them at a deeper level. You can't reach a depth into the exercise without some focus and repeated visiting to the same exercise set. Once you do this, you will have the "feeling" of those exercises,,,what they are like, and their effect. You will, in a sense, know them. Then, try the same with level II active exercises. Immerse in them for a week, or so...
At this point, you have "felt" them. It would be harder to alternate, or, do short sessions everyday, alternating or not, and experience them at a meaningful depth.
After you have experienced both at a deeper level, then make some choices, based on your experience, focusing again on "your" choice as you move forward. You may find you love something, and want to go forward for awhile with that.. You may find something addresses your physical healing needs better..
Some other ideas:
Level II active exercises "can" be a short time commitment. It could also be viewed as a warm up to working on yourself with level II technique. Or, just a "healing session" on self. A warm up to turn on your hands and get the qi flowing, then self scan, and treatment. Learn the basic points to cover in a session, from a level II standpoint. Check out the arthritis comments...work on both knees, good one first. Learn the level II healing info, by working on yourself. You cover two things at once, active exercise, and healing technique.
I think our intuition tells us , in the morning, what to do. Or what we feel like doing. You can try following that...or, set up a schedule for a week. you can revisit everything once, and focus more on one thing, or whatever..At some point, you want to bring what you need from the exercises, to you. Knowing them helps you do this. Just doing them all, all the time, or alternating to cover ground, isn't as effective as knowing them, and using them to fit your needs. I don't do the level I active exercises very often any more. I did, for several months do them at least once, often twice a day. It was a wonderful time period. If I don't do them for a long time,I still know them..
I think you could use the shorter cycles I mentioned above to get into some depth in the different exercises. I think in general, repetition is better than variety. You can retain things you spent time with. There is alot that could be said about this. Do some basic time, learn the material, then customize. Different people would need different amounts of time to accomplish this.

#48442 08/24/02 11:07 PM

Hi Margaret,

I also only practice the active exercises 15-20 mins a day. I haven't been able to fit the meditation in, though I know it's very important. Gallen suggested that if I can only pick one, to do the active exercises, so that's what I'm doing.. I want to really feel the physical gains before I order SFQ2. (he also mentioned that to me) I feel too overwhelmed starting level 2 just yet. I haven't been able to actually heal anyone yet, so I want to be able to do that and build up my confidence before I start level 2. I also haven't payed level 1 off yet.

Diana

#48443 08/26/02 08:01 PM
OP Offline

Gallen,
This is such an important idea for me to remember. I definitely needed to hear this.
quote:
At some point, you want to bring what you need from the exercises, to you. Knowing them helps you do this. Just doing them all, all the time, or alternating to cover ground, isn't as effective as knowing them, and using them to fit your needs

I don't understand though why you no longer do the active exercises from Level 1. Why don't you do them? I thought i had to build up to doing them 2 hrs. a day for Qigong to be effective.

How do you practice Qigong?
Thanks

#48444 08/26/02 09:07 PM
OP Offline

Diana,
Well, we're in the same boat

I originally did do the active exercises from Level 1 for around 8 months or so. At the time, i was doing them for around 30+ minutes. But i stopped.

It's so nice that you are enjoying Qigong too. Level 2 is overwhelming. No way will i assimilate Level 2 any time soon. A little here and there and do it in layers.

Main thing is to enjoy it and get a real feel for it. As Gallen mentioned, getting a feel for the exercises is the important thing. I don't think i ever did get a feel for it. Had i been able to relax and do this, i'd probably not have stopped all the exercises the was i did.

You have the right attitude

#48445 08/26/02 11:05 PM
OP Offline

Gallen,
Could you give me an example of how you use a Level 1 exercise to fit your needs? I am very fascinated w/ this idea.

I know the walking exercise is for arthritis. I'm doing it daily for my knee. Is this what you mean.

Dana once told me that i could imagine all the family and friends who needed healing to be doing the exercises along side of me. I do that. I line the men to my left and the women to my right. I have a whole gang doing the exercises w/ me.

I'm very curious to understand your statement about using the exercises to fit your needs.

Thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved