Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Shawn, unfortunately some of us do not have an email address b/c we are perhaps posting from work. Since Learning Strategies sends out letters recommending CRI's holosync, it's bound to come up once in a while.

Amstar, i have continued w/ holosync. I'm on Purification level 1, the 3rd cd. I'm almost ready to start the 4th. Don't let the supposed nothing happening deter you from purchasing the next level. I was the same. Much happened w/ AP. Then nothing at all really till Awakening level 4. But, you'd be surprised at how many little things are probably happening. Keep a journal maybe. Have you noticed any differences in your ability to handle stressful situations? Things like that.

Shawn,
I very partially, saw your post last night, and didn't sleep too well. I was concerned that I was getting outside the forum's focus, and I was possibly being asked to reign it in a bit! For myself , I am aware that I sometimes bring in spiritual information, or other qigong information, I find relative to my own qigong practice, but, it might not be kosher, so to speak. I would regret this, but also appreciate the purpose of the forum. As SFQ is a spiritual form of qigong, I find it hard not to include my spirituality, relative to practice, if I am being really open to someone. The master's energy is not defined for us, rightfully so.. As I open up more on the forum, I have been self-questioning my contribution specific to SFQ. I am not sure how much longer I will be participating in the forum... It is often hard for me to filter information, and I don't want to spend time thinking about that. I guess I am seeing a parallel, a bit to holosync conversation, and comparing, for instance, my dialog on grounding, perhaps, as being just as "out" of the fold. I have concerns about influencing someones practice in a way that LS is not comfortable with, with respect to Master Lin's wishes, or guidelines. It seems your post has brought this more to the surface for me. I have enjoyed Margaret's posts, and accept holosync as part of her transformational experience. I agree that holosync should not be the focus of discussion in a qigong forum, but I also find grey areas, and boundaries, hard to define concerning related material, when it comes up, how, and what it triggers. I guess I missed the "hate" issues you mention?? Sometimes, if I see a post on religion, or bending spoons, I tend to not engage. As you are receiving "many" requests, complaints??, whatever,,,and,I have had a perhaps "too" dominate presence on the forum, I find myself questioning my participation...

Amstar Offline OP
OP Offline

Margaret,

Thanks for the encouragement regarding the Holosync CDs. I will keep on with the program. I guess I was just getting a bit skeptical about the necessity of the ongoing expense.

Once again, thanks.

Michael

Amstar Offline OP
OP Offline

Gallen,

I did not read anything into Shawn's post that suggested that you, of all people, need to make any changes in your posts (correct me if I'm wrong, Shawn).

I imagine it takes a huge amount of your time and energy, and I am thankful for your very valuable contributions.

I only mentioned my concern with being off topic because it involved a "product" not being offered by Learning Strategies Corporation.

I hope you will continue to be a part of this forum.

Hugs,
Michael

Gallen,

I read all your posts because I feel you have done a lot of work on yourself and I can learn from you. I feel frustrated with posts that are clearly directed to only one participant. Sometimes an e-mail message between 2 members would work best. I have done that, sent an e-mail message to other forum members when I felt that what I had to say would be of no interest to Spring Forest Qigong practitioners.

Anyway, please stay with our forum - you are very much appreciated by me. Thank you. Joana

Gallen,
YOu posted this to Shawn: I very partially, saw your post last night, and didn't sleep too well. I was concerned that I was getting outside the forum's focus, and I was possibly being asked to reign it in a bit!

This is quite a reply to say the least. You need to do some self reflection on this feeling of yours. WHY?

Well, you are the most important and helpful person posting on this DF. Noone brings to the table more experience than you. I personally love your Native American info. It's perfectly in line w/ QI.

You receive RAVE reviews from all of us. Not just a couple of us---all of us look forward to your thoughts and experiences. And we make it a point to thank you over and over again. We even gush over the contents of your posts

So, for you to feel, in any way, that Shawn was referring to you is something you need to reflect on. If she was (which i definitely don't think is the case, then it would be a character fault on her part.

If anything, she was only answering Amstar's query about posting about holosync. I answered that by saying LS advertises CRI holosync and they have Bill Harris and holosync in their Euphoria course. So, it's only natural for it to come up. My posts are fairly short and to the point when i speak about it.

This forum sticks to the topic better than any other forum here. If Shawn needed to do anything, she could easily move a topic to Beyond Human. Finished. Beyond Human is the catch-all for any and all topics that stray. However, i've never even seen anyone move a topic.

don't even think of leaving us---please

whoa,,,
I didn't read the post last night. I skimmed part of it,quickly, and made an incorrect assumption, and, it did cause me to reflect. Sometimes after I post, I wonder whether or not the post was appropriate, or within the guidelines of this forum. Whether or not I said too mucH. I don't doubt what I write, it is out of respect to Master Lin that "I am reflecting on this."
Knowledge and experience is power. I don't want to influence someone's practice, inappropriately. Do I ground the way I said, "yes", do I do SFQ, "yes"., does Master Lin want someone telling SFQ students this??? I don't know. I am thinking about that. That's all. It is not specifically Shawn, or what he said...It triggered something I have been thinking about lately.. Thank you for all the kind words..

a true Master doesn't bother too much about what others say; they just know

i'm sure he's not the least bit concerned w/ your posts; if he read them, i'd be willing to bet he is in agreement w/ your thoughts

it's always nice to get other view points; it broadens us, & at the same time, there's no pressure to change

personally, i loved your story about tobacco and the feather; it's folk lore from a guy who does it. that's

you mean Shawn is a man??? oops, i thought Shawn was a woman

sorry, Shawn

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

aloHA!

The "she" referral had me smiling in the midst of conversation around the "drifting" inquiry. Obviously my deep voice doesn't come through the written text

"This is a place of sharing information, experiences, and compassion that may assist each of us in our experiences with Spring Forest Qigong."

This forum's sharing is going to bring out our strengths and experiences from a wide variety of backgrounds and studies. At the same time, as Margaret mentions, this forum "sticks the the point", and it does this while bringing in a variety of respectful perspectives. We have done a wonderful job at listing a URL for more information, or sending an email when it starts to drift a bit.

Hopefully Gallen, you won't lose any more sleep after seeing these confirmations that what you write aligns and contributes to the member's practice and lives. My response was to Amstar's question about what "shouldn't" be discussed here. I don't care to come from "shouldn'ts", but rather put it out there for people to continue being honoring in their posts and responses. With this Forum it's like the old adadge "preaching to the choir", but Amstar asked, so I answered. It looks as though it gave us a chance to look at how we're being on the forum, and if it's working for the group.

Once again - "many have commented to me about the wonderful support and information source this forum has been for them. It's a privilage to be a part of it."

Much Love, Shawn

Shawn-
Thank you for your post. Your insight about
getting a chance to see how we are doing on the forum, and how it works for the group, hits it on the head for me. I was having self doubts about some of the information I was posting. Not its validity, but its appropriateness to this forum. As you represent LS, and SFQ, I will take your answer as an "ok" on how things are from your perspective. I had to get it out, it has been on my mind. The nice responses are a bit embarrassing. I was not looking for compliments. I needed to hear the "ok". I am going to let the discomfort go..thank you. Onwards and upwards. BTW, I have always "heard" your posts as male, and also , your youthfulness and sense of responsibility comes through. (in a good way!)

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved