Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
#4314 04/20/02 09:05 AM
Hel Offline

I am sensitive in this way too, DJ, Kim and Mastermind. One way I used to deal with it was to kind of close up or keep the people at a safe distance. But I have decided that that is no way to go through life, to live. In my case, I don't think it's induced by PRWMS. I've had it all my life.

One thing I've noticed is that I find myself sometimes (too often) going off into some fantasy where I actually feel better, but that's not a good solution, because one has to come back, and the problem is still there. It's a habit I am trying to break because it wastes a lot of time and it doesn't solve anything, sort of like taking drugs. I think it's a coping mechanism I've developed since childhood. Any advice in this will be very much appreciated.

#4315 04/20/02 11:27 AM
Administrator
Administrator

I have had a similar problem all my life. Knowing vibes even knowing when someone is quitting the earthplane.

My solution was only discovered in the last year... read all the psychic books on protection same as nlp really ...wears off.

The solution is to let go... release, and keep doing that until you yourself are putting out energy... positive energy... when you are putting out high vibes you can't be pulling in low vibes... some people will still drain you but notice and release.

Don't "own" other peoples downer emotions.. also the knowing can be quite handy sometimes so whatever they are I still like to be aware of them. When I am high I can better help those on a downer or take more positive action on the inner information.

If you have to deal with people who are energy "leeches" and you have no other options, fold your arms or cross your hands discreetly and lock you ankles together. You close off your engergy to them so they have to look for someone else. Look slightly pass them and turn your body slightly not to face them straight on. (Self preservation when you come across someone who wants you to do everything for them.)

Just be aware of getting yourself caught in a downer trap just because you notice that someone else in on a downer doesn't mean you have to own it too. If you can't help them let it go.

Alex

[This message has been edited by AlexK (edited April 20, 2002).]

#4316 04/20/02 01:07 PM

I too struggle with this and it can be extremely painful at times. While I was born with this, it has intensified as I have integrated PRWMS.

Interestingly enough, I am in the middle of going through Anna Wise's The High Performance Mind. She attributes this to too much Delta. I'll just quote what she says:

"If you can learn to expand yourself while you are receiving these stimuli, you will not need to reject them or defend yourself against them ... Rather, you experience the stimuli, acknowledge them, honor them, and let them pass through you without letting them stick or feeling responsible for fixing them."

Hope this helps.

#4317 04/20/02 06:40 PM
DJ Offline

Hi stefan and everybody else,
Your reply doesn't sound weird at all. I sometimes work on strengthening my aura or posting energy guardians around myself. It helps that I work at home. My work space sustains and nurtures my own energies which in turn has a beneficial influence on the people who come into the space to work with me. 99% of the time whatever stuff folks bring to my house just dissolves at the door and the other 1% is long gone by the time we're finished. Just remember that people in a negative stuck state probably wouldn't want to stay there if they knew there was a way out of it. So consider finding subtle ways to help them nudge gently out of it. And for those who cling stubbornly to their suffering, let go, release. Don't get hung up on trying to "fix" things for them. People gotta want their own change. Sometimes you just have to step back and let people go with their own lives.
Deb

#4318 04/24/02 08:57 PM
OP Offline

Hi!

Well, until now there seems to be two ways to handle this sensitivity problem.

1. Not fighting these negative energies from other people (meditate later).
2. Fighting the energies (so they don't get close to you. NLP/states).

But something have to be done. I'm playing with it...

I have read some good books now about this subject, and it really seems to me, that no one has the same answer. Some says it's best to relax, and then "clear" yourself later from negative energies you recived from others, like "brushing your aura to get rid of negative energies, which may have been stock in it", or like "kanalising out these negative feelings, like release/relaxing". The OTHER kind of view is to be more in control of your states, like using NLP, so you can feel, what you really want (not escaping, but to get results you want), so youre not hindered by negative feelings, or like crossing your arms/legs to get rid of these feelings.

Of course there is an option also of helping others. Because they then must feel bad in some way, if they sent out negative energies.. To get rid of this, then help them out. But if youre in a supermarked, cinema, then it's probably not a so good idea to talk to strangers just like that*g*.

There is really one great thing of being so sensitive! Youre good at using your intuition, problem solving, and you can easily set yourself into other peoples problem, and help them to solve these problems.

And if youre sensitive, then you will maybe get even better at NLP or "meditating/releasing/relaxing", learning to relax and create states, and feel the way you really want to be.

Does anybody know how they can use these negative energies in another way?
And if there is someone out there, who is really good at dealing with theese energies in another kind of way.. Please hit a post .

#4319 04/25/02 02:52 PM

Wow... .... I don't believe it... This discussion has hit me right on the spot! Whew!

First, it was a relief to know that there are others! I have picked other peoples bad moods all my life and it has been getting worse with PhRing. I sort of PhRed other people and their moods (I know my state was close to the PhRing state).

Second, my mind started to create solutions.. I asked myself: "Well, I have been too sensitive to other people's moods but I don't want to be anymore. Let's see, what can I do? What do I want instead? -??......? -... ?! -Aahaa, I want to be COMFORTABLE even though there are people with bad moods around me!! I want to be ME and have MY feelings and not other people's bad feelings! What choices do I have...?" -And that's when my mind started to explore. .....

Today I have found my solution and it's very simple... I just put music in my head instead of hearing other people's negative selftalk! (...because that's what I was picking up, other people's selftalk... that's what I was sensitive to!!). OK, I had to find the right piece of music first (it's on the Ocean's eleven soundtrack), but it works!

So, THANK YOU ALL GUYS OUT THERE!!! Your discussion has helped me a ducking lot! I wanted to share my joy with you! -Purjo

#4320 04/26/02 05:09 AM
Hel Offline

InTheFlow, are there two of you posting under this name?

#4321 04/25/02 10:25 PM
OP Offline

Hi again.

To Hel: No, it's only one person . Why*s*?. I have also posted on non-eksistent relationship, the rings on BeyondHuman etc...

By the way, I think the music thing is about creating a state. I think you will feel something different by not bringing "the negative vibes" from others into the conscious mind when trying to hear music. A little like creating a state when using NLP.

And thanks to you! We are quite a few now who has got much more sensitive to others negative vibes, after we learned photoreading.

I have not tried this music technique yet, but when I hear music from my walkman, and I'm among others, then it feels quite good. Especially if it's something I really like .

I have read something interesting about communikation: "You are a master communicater, if you get the RESPONS in the listener, you want to have!"

And that compared to being sensitive can really work results I think, so we (=us sensitive people) can be in charge of getting the results we want with others. So instead of blaming others of trying to make us sensitive people feel negatively in some way, why not turn this around to our advantage! Like:

- When talking to a person, sensitive people knows how they feel in the first place. You can feel it from just standing near to them. So if we want to have some results from this person you are standing near to, like getting him/her to drop by tomorrow for a small talk (or anything else you would like to have), then you have a really really good starting point from there on. Where we can get this person to "want to drop by" tomorrow. Procedure: Feel how this person feels. Then talk to him/her. Notice the respons feelings you get from the person. Not only what he/she says, but the respons of what he/she is sending out of signals/feelings/energies... Then work from there on and keep on communicating. And there are unlimited ways of communicating, being funny, persuade, relaxing.. What you want..

I'm not talking about getting a controlfreak, but just to be more in charge of the situation, when you feel the vibes so much. People still have to be spontanous now and then .

I think it's quite a change to shift this attention, instead of being "controlled by other peoples negative vibes", why not turn this around to our advantage, to get the results we really want with other people.

+ When you're in control in the situation, you can relax a lot when talking to others. (sshhh.. you have a secret they don't know! good at feeling how others feel, and then
turning this into you're advantage).

I have only tried this a few times now today, but when I do this, i feel quite good of being in charge of the vibes for a change*g*. Funny to play with..

Still, if anybody are having problems of beeing sensitive to others vibes, or if any are handling these negative vibes from others like in supermarkets, cinemas etc. in other ways.. Just write write.

Kim

#4322 04/25/02 11:06 PM

quote:
But the problem is: When I'm together with other people I quite easily get irritated by them, and just being together with some people can make me feel frustrated!! When I'm in the same room. Without talking to them! Not always, but sometimes.. Depending on the atmosphere there is there.

Is this not over the edge??? I think it's really great that I got so good at reading, thinking, problem solving, because I can feel so much, use my inituition etc. Make my life so much better. But how can I stop the negative sideeffects I feel when I'm together with People?? It's like when some one is in bad mood, I can almost feel it without they have said what's wrong! I Tried this here a couple of times: Then asked these people what's wrong. And there were actually something wrong! This is good. But it's not good if I'm in the cinema, and somebody sitting close to me is negative, then I have to change these feelings inside me (like using NLP),(change them) during the whole movie..

I'm just going to toss out a few ideas for you...

1. Use your proficiency in intuition to solve yet this problem.

2. Being irritated by others could just be a projection on your part that needs to be addressed.

3. You have a higher calling to attend to. Your sensitivity needs to be put to use to help others and not avoid them.

good luck

#4323 05/21/02 09:52 PM

You might want to try the Sedona Method, it's a technique for releasing all feelings wheather good or bad on the spot. Once you've fully released on something, it's gone for good. All uncomfortable comes from somewhere inside you. You could use every uncomfortable situation for strong permanent concrete growth. It's available in a tape set and its featured on the Euphoria! course. The Focusing technique by Eugene Gendlin is also an effective technique. Hope this helps.

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved