Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Gallen or anyone who can answer this

When i do the Sword Finger exercise, i feel a vibration at the tips of my fingers. I don't always feel it, but most of the time.

Then w/ the Thunder Hands exercise, i feel heat coming from the palms.

Is this ok? Does it make any difference?

I know that i get more feeling from Thunder Hands than from Sword Finger. Should i be doing something to balance them? Or, is it natural for one to be stronger than the other?

Thanks for any guidance here

Hi Margaret,
That's good...those sensations. I would guess that for most people, it is hard to get those sensations in the fingers/hands, as often, the strain of holding up the arms, chokes off the qi from getting through. There is something referred to as a "bridge" in the arms. The ability for qi to fill the arm, or move accross the arm to the hands. This bridge is an arm full of qi. Developing this bridge, is, working through the physical strain/blockage, to having the qi fill and hold up the arms. From a martial standpoint, one would cross another's bridge in hand technique... One reason a teacher, and Master Lin has said this, encourages a student to work through the discomfort of holding a position, or holding your arms up, is to make that shift to filling it with qi, and being comfortable, as opposed to experiencing the muscular limitation and backing off. Staying with it eventually shifts it. The fact you have feeling in your hands, with arms raised, is good. Qi is getting through. Your third eye draws it through farther and amplifies it, as you do the visualization. I have perhaps said in the past, that if you have trouble with this, try relaxing the jiang jing points (tops of the shoulders/midway), and also the point between the shoulder blades. Energetically opening the heart and breathing in there,also opens areas/points associated with this. The C7 and throat are also good places to consciously relax as you hold your arms up. Your intention, really focusing you mind/visualization, makes a difference in energy level/feeling. Spiritual energy comes in from the top/crown, to the heart, out the hands. Physical qi moves around the path of the small universe. At the point between the shoulder blades, it moves out the arms. Similar locations, different dimensional qualities of energy moving simultaneously for a singular purpose.

oh yes,
Margaret, don't be concerned about balancing the hands. The level II active exercises, as a whole, are the balance.

OP Offline

Gallen, thanks, but what about the feeling of heat in one exercise & vibration in the other. Is this ok?
thanks

Electromagnetic energy can manifest in different ways, for instance light waves can be luminescent(visible),calorific(heat),actinic(radio, tv). Qi is probably no different.

It is ok to feel different things.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved