Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48674 10/05/02 11:38 PM
OP Offline

Is this considering normal cause of events or should I do something about it?

Hours after the exercises I still feel qi sensation; warm and kind of tingling. It feels like how the hands felt when they are moving in and out while I did the Breathing of the Universe. I only feel this on my hands and arms, sometime the soles of my feet, legs and part of my face.

When I want to fit in a short set, like just for the backache, I do part of the active exercises, I will make sure to do the ending exercise of rubbing the hands up to the part of massage my ears.

In addition, about the same time when I notice about this, I kind of really can feel the same sensation when I am doing breathing in and out the body. When I first started, I know I think about breathing in and out the whole body but the only place I knew about I am breathing is through my nose. Now, these sensation is also happening in the arms and legs.

Is this normal even after the exercises? If so, will the whole body feel like that as practice goes on? It just feel strange like the palms are giving out heat most of the time. Am I suppose to do something to balance this when it happens?

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited October 05, 2002).]

Everything sounds very good. Don't be concerned. Totally normal. You are doing very good work. There will probably always be feelings of energy for you, but your perspective will change, some of the initial feelings will tone down, or assimulate, as Margaret mentioned in another post. As blockages open, you will feel qi in places for the first time, then nothing. You will most likely always feel the warmth in your hands and feet, when you practice, or whenever. Maybe the lower dan tien too. There is a major energy point on each palm, and on the bottom of each foot. Remember too, that meridians of points connect throughout your body. Blockages opening in one place can be felt in other places too, because of how these channels are connected. Relax, it all sounds very good for you.

Bluebird-- Try this since you are having these sensations..
Just sit and think of either your palms or bottoms of your feet. They should feel energy/warm, just with your thought directed there. Your mind can direct the qi. This is a simple way to see/feel how that concept works. You can send healing qi to someone else, essentially ,the same way.

OP Offline

Gallen,
Thanks! Good to know that I am on the right track. Movements for the active exercises become more natural now. When you said "energy point" on the palm and foot, are they similar to the seven level energy channels mentioned in the Seven Steps?
I was just thinking about learning how to send energy to another person; like helping the other person to feel more relax or getting a "distant massage". I will practice to use my mind to direct the qi. I tried that this morning for myself. Hip bones were feeling stiff and I just think about the qi moving to that area. It worked pretty well.
Of course for now, the body is still more energetic after a full set of active exercise.

[This message has been edited by Bluebird (edited October 06, 2002).]

I am glad your thoughts go towards healing, in regards to sending qi. Always invoke the Master's energy to help you, or whatever higher spirit/diety you are comfortable with, when sending energy to another person. Ask these higher spirit/spirits to help you send the energy "in a healing way", as you hold the awareness that you want the energy to be sent or received in an appropriate way. That way the higher spirits act as a filter, keeping you from doing anything inappropriately, regarding a person you are sending energy to, without them knowing what you are doing for them. In general, it is best to work on people that "ask" for help, although sending positive energy or healing energy is certainly ok, as long as you go through higher spirits to insure the best thing is done for your friend.
Speaking of the seven steps...
That exercise in itself, is good for your hips. As you progress with SFQ, you will learn how to remove energy blockages, which is another aspect to addressing physical issues. The sensitivity you have, those feelings in your hands, can be used to feel energy blockages, remove them, and put in healing energy. Although, in some healing modalities, it is possible to have a transformative effect on an area being treated, just by touch or focusing energy on something, the idea of removing blocked energy is a valuable technique to know. The only form of healing I know personally that doesn't do this is purely spiritual, so again, higher spirits are involved, doing the work for you/through you. Just putting energy into a place isn't necessarily always a good thing to do. Or, look at it this way. Often, moving energy "through" an area/point is better than focusing it there. The movement of qi through a point can open it. Sometimes a little push to open something, with assistance from the hands, or working an area or channel between the two hands... The exercises, in part, work this way , without you having to know whats going on. Transformation of a blockage, or removal, or opening an area by moving energy through it, is better than just putting energy in somewhere. I am speaking in general here. There are exceptions, like putting energy into the kidneys. That has nothing to do with working on blockages, it is just feeding energy to a place where it is beneficial to receive it. For now, if you are not using level II techniques, use the master's energy , or equivalent , to do anything you are moved to do, so you have something else in play to insure your effectiveness and appropriateness.
The seven steps, again... the "levels" are not exactly the same as those primary points I mentioned in the hands and feet. In this exercise, points and channels are effected, but, the idea is more to energize on a cellular/global level. Every cell energizing and brightening as you literally fill with energy. Also, it terms of moving energy, with your mind, to a specific point. Do the sm universe meditation!! Just think how effective you can be taking this awareness into that meditation. Moving the energy and focusing on those points. That, is more related to specific energy points, like the ones located in the palms and bottoms of the feet. Primary "points" that connect to "channels" or meridians. Lines of connected points that get energized when a primary point is fed with universal and spiritual energy. There is a difference between the cellular level and these points, although they overlap in a way, having similar location. Your focus and intention, with one's spirit in control, utilizing the mind/mind's eye to visualize and transform/heal these different aspects of self.

OP Offline

Gallen, Is there a way we can prevent energy sending to us if we don't know someone is sending it? I am thinking how one safe guide inappropriate energy from the receiver end.

Don't focus on this aspect. It is best to focus on building your own energy. When I finish exercising or meditating, I visualize putting a sphere of light around me, that is connected to a higher source. It is not intended to be defensive in anyway. More like a field of energy that moves with me as I leave the sacred space I opened up in. A self created healthy space to move around in. An awareness of that surrounding me, and awareness of energy around me. There are as many ways to make protection, or filters around yourself as you can imagine. Fear , or paranoia is the last thing you want to envoke as motivation to create them. Even mild concern can start to go down that path. I think it is best to be open, and surrounded with transformative energy. Trusting your connection and focus. "If" you thought something was going on, causing some negative effect on you, that may be a specific to deal with differently, but, don't go there if it isn't there. Again, focus on building your energy and strenghtening your connection to the master's energy. When Master Lin walks in to a room, you can feel his energy. It sets the "vibration" of its surroundings and anything that enters it.

OP Offline

Gallen, I will put my focus on building my own energy.

The exercise where we move our hands around the energy ball. We are to think of the energy is surrounding ourselves and regenerate our energy. So far it only happened once but it was such a good feeling. I felt a sudden movement of my head, like a force pushed it a little. Following that not only feeling the energy ball in the hands but there is a bigger energy ball surrounded me. However, I have yet to sense that again. I come to be aware that there is a stronger energy ball surrounding me when I do that exercise.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved