Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#48682 10/11/02 08:20 PM
kev5 Offline OP
OP Offline

During Harmony of Universal Energy there seem to be places where master Lin closes his fingers - for example in bringing them together over his head. It's difficult to see on my small television and since nothing is mentioned in the notes perhaps I am imagining this. I do notice that there is a difference in the energy feel in my scalp if I keep my fingers open. Having had some Reiki training I notice that the instruction there is to give energy using closed fingers. The person who trained me (also my acupuncturist) said that the reason for closed fingers is to direct the healing energy more and if I put my hands over my head I can feel a difference of focus depending on whether my fingers are open or closed (for some reason the top of my head is very sensitive to energy directed at it - I wonder why?). Master Lin comments that keeping fingers open opend the energy channel which propmts me to ask whether the energy channels are opened for receiving or giving energy or both.

Kev

#48683 10/21/02 04:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Kev5,

In the level I manual, the Harmony of the Universe's steps 3 &4 are with closed fingers. Everything else is open.

Much Love, Shawn

#48684 10/22/02 05:34 AM

kev5,

In your post above you were curious as to why you were more sensitive to energy flows at the top of your head. In many "energy working" traditions there are energy centers in the body, akin to the chakras of the east. One of the major energy centers (using the chakra model) is at the crown of the head (the others are at the third eye, the throat, the heart, the solar plexus, the navel, and the base of the spine). In kundalini yoga, one of the goals is to have the energy rise up from the base of the spine up to the crown chakra, supposedly opening one to various "powers" (siddhis). In much of the literature, there are actually two major channels - one rising up the spine, the other descending frlom the crown to the root. I am not familiar with the Qi Gong, but it does seem that the exercises are akin to some of those used in awakening the various chakras.

#48685 10/23/02 04:13 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Kev5,

Here's a little more information for your question regarding the Harmony of the Universe exercise.

"You open your fingers to collect more energy and close them to focus the energy. In this movement specifically, you are taking all the energy you have collected and focusing it into your body, first through the top of your head. (you are also correct that energy does enter and leave your body from the top of your head faster than any other point.)
Also as you bring your hands, fingers closed, down your face and torso, you are focusing the energy into your body. There are energy points down the mid-line of your head and torso that reflect all the major energy centers of your body. There are also reflecting points on your hands and arms.
As you pass each of these points you are focusing the energy to those centers, from the head to the heart, kidneys, stomach, arms, legs, etc. There are 12 reflecting points in all.
At the bottom of the torso you open your fingers, hands and arms to collect more energy and repeat the
cycle."

Much Love, Shawn

#48686 10/24/02 08:06 AM
kev5 Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks very much Shawn and Ckerins. Not only is this useful information about how to do the exercise more effectively but a good explanation of why it should be done like this. In my manual it talks of bringing hands together but not fingers - maybe this has been revised since. I am now thinking that in the ending exercises when you rub your hands together fingers should be closed so that the general rule is in effect open fingers to collect qi and close them to direct it to parts of your body.

Kind regards

Kev

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved