Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4389 04/30/02 08:26 PM
OP Offline

Any tips on using Anxiety Free? How do you keep from being nervous when talking to people one on one?

#4390 05/01/02 01:28 AM

Hi Paul,

I find that after I've engaged myself in a preplanned set of topics and questions to the other person and after being with the person for a long time I feel more relaxed.

Write down what you can and want, to talk about and ask, the other person, beforehand. Go through the plan just before meeting or phoning. Think what you have to do before hand so that you feel comfortable and confident, eg. have a mint.

Take something to give or share with the other person. I find that having an tape or book or something, makes things practical. Maybe you could buy a soda for the other person.

Be on the other persons side-conflicting ideas and opinions could cause anxiety.

Surround yourself in your mind with a color you feel comfortable with. If you want to be gentle, try a pink light.

If it's at work, make sure you have mastery over the facts. Practical things and steps are grounding.

You could use all the above suggestions for use with Side A of Anxiety Free, ie. know what the anxiety is communicating to you and know what you can do to be prepared for an upcoming situation.

Side B, is more a healing session. You can go back to events in your history that have prevented you from feeling safe with one on one interactions and heal your mind, and project new feelings of wellbeing and safety into your future interactions.

I like Side A, because you can gather up your strengths and anchor them to the situation that was causing you anxiety. I like Side B, too, because you can heal your inner child and leave the bad of the past behind for new learnings.

I know I have not shared enough here to really help you alot, maybe someone else can
add something.

Regards,
Grant

#4391 05/02/02 05:43 AM

Hi Paul, practice practice practice.

Talk to everybody everywhere, starting with people that are getting paid to talk to you and be nice to you (cashiers, starbucks employees, bank tellers, taxi drivers, librarians, bookstore employees, massage therapists, nail salon employees, etc) do this a couple times a day and slowly but surely your anxiety will dissipate.

You also might want to try New Behavior Generator, or better yet, use a real talkative buddy as a model and use Instantaneous Personal Magnetism.

I would also strongly recommend "How to Win Friends and Influence People" by Dale Carnegie, as it gives great tips on how and what to talk about so people will like you.

George

#4392 12/08/04 08:35 PM

what helps me to controll my nervousness and anxiety is controlling my breathing.

The deaper you breath, with your diaphgram - the more relaxed and peaceful your brain becomes.

#4393 01/10/05 11:18 PM

Hi!

Im sometimes totally anxious-free. Mostly due to the paraliminal. I intend before I listen to feel calm and nice with someone/situation. Tho sometimes it can be beneficial to not point at the someone/situation intended, but just anything else. Youll be in a anxious-free state not intended for anything but just beeing where you are. Calm and okay with everything.

Also instead of making pictures and getting feelings of anxiousness, make pictures/talk to yourself about how you really want it to be. I realized some time ago that I like to see myself in a relaxed way with people. If I see some prospect girlfriend I like to see her and me lying down and just feeling great on a couch. So the posture is important for me. So try imagining yourself in some way that you feel ultra comfortable with him/her/situation. Sitting with him/her in your pyjamas or whatever is most comfortable for you.

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved