Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4401 05/02/02 09:20 AM
bujin Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

It's been a while since I last posted here - the main reason being that my PRPLC is still lying at the side of my bed. I got to tape 3 about 6 months ago and haven't looked at it since. But I will sometime soon!

Anyway, that's not what I'm writing about. I was wondering if any of you had any tips on how to battle hypochondria? In the past few years, I've "had" several life threatening illnesses, such as meningitis and cancer but having been to my doctor, they can find nothing out of the ordinary. As an example, a month ago I spent the whole afternoon in casualty because I suspected that there was something wrong with my heart. I had an ECG test, blood pressure test, blood test and a chest x-ray, and everything came back clear. This morning, I went to the doctor again because I suspected that I may have some form of lung cancer - I had many of the symptoms of it - but again the doctor says that everything seems normal.

I came to the conclusion several months ago that my problems are not physiological, but psychological. I am a hypochondriac. And it's kinda making my life a little difficult.

Can anyone offer advice? I would be grateful.

As an aside, I have been considering buying the SFQG course lately. What exactly does it entail?

Thanks

#4402 05/02/02 12:20 PM
Administrator
Administrator

quote:
Originally posted by bujin:

As an aside, I have been considering buying the SFQG course lately. What exactly does it entail?

Thanks

Simply put it entails spending money then follow through on your part. The course is very benficial to your general health and mind.

To overcome your problem you'll need to pick a path then stick with it with the intent that you will overcome your problem. It doesn't matter what you do as long as you start with the "intention" and follow through on your "intention".

You'll probably get better answers than this. It's your mind you might want to ask yourself why you are perceiving false alarms. Is there a pattern of something happening before you find yourself feeling ill. Are you subsconsiously avoiding something, trying to win sympathy, finding yourself in situations you feel uncomfortable? Funny thing when you meditate and find answers you often get an aha experience and the problem sort of fades away. If you are using your problem as a from of escape feel good about it... your subconsious is smart and protecting you somehow...then decide if you can find a better way to escape or handle the cause.

Most of all relax even if you don't have a solution tomorrow just know you'll find the answer. Keep looking after yourself

Alex

#4403 05/02/02 02:48 PM
bujin Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks for your response, Alex!

The only thing I'm wary of with overcoming hypochondria is that I go too far, and ignore all symptoms by telling myself that it's just in my mind, when in fact there may be something wrong.

Since hypochondria is some sort of anxiety (about the state of my health), would the Anxiety-Free paraliminal tape do me any good? Or are there any other PL tapes that would help?

Finally, forget my question about the SFQG course. I've read a bit about it on the main site and I'll see what people have posted on the forum page before making my mind up. I don't particularly want to buy something like that (it's not cheap!) and have it ending up the same as my Photoreading course - not used! (Although, like I said earlier, I will get back into it soon!)

#4404 05/03/02 02:43 AM
Administrator
Administrator

Just about any of the paraliminal tapes will help you overcome anxiety to some degree. They all help you to relax. I haven't tried the heath one and you would love assurance that your health is OK so I'd check that out if I were you. Read up about it before you buy it LSC has a page of info for each tape just select it from the navigation bar.

Take advantage of LSC offer of buying more tapes and collect the freebies

I agree that anxiety is probably a part of the problem so anything you do to relax would help. Why not have a chat with your body and ask it why it gives you false alarms... they might not so much be false alarm they may be misunderstood by you...

When your body gives you stong signals that something is wrong ... check your environment.. are you risking your health being where you are? Later you might find out that a family member was in danger or not feeling well... psychic connection that you are not aware of..

My point being don't ignore it, find a way of relaxing to understand what causes it better. There is a reason for it and like I said keep looking after yourself. If it means going to the doctor with a few more false alarms... do it. Be true to yourself.

Tapes I like cause they help me to relax are deep relaxation, 10 minute supercharger (might be a good one to try when you feeling out of sorts) Memory supercharger aww to heck with it... I probably like them all they all do what the titles say and more

Take care
Alex

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved