Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ann7822 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi!
What is the special event you alluded to that is coming in November??

Ann

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Ann7822,

Each year Chunyi Lin holds a special
event for people who practice
Spring Forest Qigong.

This year's event will be held on
the weekend of November 15 and
16, here in the Twin Cities. I think
the cost will be about $160 and be held in the Hyatt Regency.

When we know more, we will pass the
information along to those Level I & 2 purchasers that we have an email on file for. In the meantime,
keep November 15th and 16th open
on your calendar.

Much Love, Shawn

Darn, I've already got plans for the weekend.
I only have plans for two evens between now and Christmas, so far, and that weekend is one of them. It really is too soon for me to be heading back anyways.

Sending love to all those going,
Iam2

Ann7822 Offline OP
OP Offline

What? Over the opening of deer season??

I was to do a fair that weekend and the one after -- think I'll have to change plans to just doing the one after!! I want SO MUCH to attend one of Master Lin's seminar weekends. It's been on my mind for about 2 years now. Maybe the universe is telling me that NOW is the time ...

Thanks for the heads up! I am so glad I started visiting this board again.

Ann

PS - since you always say Aloha, are you by any chance posting from Hawaii??

[This message has been edited by Ann7822 (edited September 20, 2003).]

This is something I would love to take advantage of. How soon would you have solid information on this? I want to make sure that I can make this happen financially so the sooner I know the better. Also any information on lodging cost potential flight cost, any meals included or not etc would help.

Shawn is not posting from Hawaii. So what's with the Aloha Shawn?

Before I met you I thought the same as Ann.

Sending love,
Iam2

Any further development or new news on this topic?

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Dude,

The spirit of "aloha" expresses so much what Master Lin emodies in his work and has a very core connection to myself that extends beyond my physical location.

...although talking to Pete about a telecommunting option wouldn't be a bad idea...

Here is the info I've gotten from the coordinator of the event at the last couple SFQ Association meetings.

I am suppose to get an "official" info blurb from the Spring Forest Association President this Wednesday and will post it on the web.

Later. (Much Love, Shawn)

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 14, 2003).]

Yes! Zee ball is rolling.
Hey Shawn, good to see you still popping in now and then. Thanks for the update and a big congratulations to you and how is baby Isaih doing?

Back to this trip thing what airport would one connect to in the Minneapolis? Never been there so I’m clueless with regards to the area.

Can anyone join the “Spring Forest Qigong special Event”? For instance I have only purchased lvl 1 and practiced on my own. Is there any requirement like you need to have taken a class with Master Lin?

Any specific information available, as to what is in the special event? Is it like a level 1 or two work shop or something different?
Would there be a need for car rental to and from the event from the hotel?
Again I am trying to get a feel for the cost here so anything you feel might help would be greatly appreciated.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha Ascending1,

As for the airports, the Hubert Humphrey or the Minneapolis/St. Paul International airport are practically right next to each other.

Both are nice airports -find the one that suites your airline and price point. The Minneapolis/St. Paul International airport is the main hub for the area.

As for non-association or live class members getting in -they'll probably check you for the secret hand shake (a hug with smile), or ask you what Chunyi's favorite desert bar is (rice crispy bars.).

Ok, ok, I'm in an interesting space due to being on "baby time". iSaiah is doing really well and there are a ton of qigong stories involved regarding his preconception, the pregnancy and birth. Actually I have a couple fun qigong baby stories about him and Chunyi, you'd probably get a kick out of.

Story 1:
The Thursday before the birth, Darcie went to Chunyi's class to help him out and while Jim was teaching the active exercise to the group Chuyni was spending some personal catch up time with Darcie. After a bit, he worked on her and at the end said..."You will have a very calm baby...but...a very naughty baby.". Darcie was wondering what he ment by that and said, "Oh, you mean like Ming?" (Chunyi's son who was at the meeting also that night), she said with a smile. "Yes, very creative."

Later on Monday afternoon after iSaiah practically delivered himself, I called up Chunyi to let him know. I greeted him and he put me on hold so he could complete the call he was on. Giving the phone to Darcie, when Chunyi got back on she started telling him about the birth and the experience. Meanwhile he's "uhhuh, yep, and uhhuh'ing" her while she's telling him that we've given birth, iSaiah's incredible, etc. (proud Mom stuff).

Just then Chunyi stops..."Darcie! Did you have the baby?"

Darcie laughs, That's what I was just telling you!" Chunyi all of a sudden gets elated, starts laughing and says "I was checking you out and couldn't find the baby in you!" They continued to share about iSaiah and then we chatted about how Dad was doing.

Back the the special event...

Anyone can register and attend.

Much Love, Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved