Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4446 05/15/02 01:37 AM
OP Offline

I posted an idea on the "Help for an non-existent relationship" thread about programing the subconscious mind. My idea was to for example view a playboy I guess to prove to oneself the abundance of beuatiful women there are out there. Look at a magazine that models beuatiful talented women and then listen to prosperity. Although this may be a vague idea, I am trying to get over my tunnel vision for my X.

I have read somewhere about making a list of all the charateristics one finds desireable. There is part of me that blocks me wanting to even move on. I numb the thought of future intimacy with another.

Do I just have to think the thought when asked the questions on prosperity, or must I say silently or aloud.

Would love to hear success stories and ideas from others, gracias.

Administrator
Administrator

If you are finding yourself numb on wanting another intimate relationship at this time, then you might just want to work on letting yourself be without an intimate relationship for a while and allowing yourself fo be happy with that. It seems to me that you want to get yourself together first.

While it is possible to attached a new relationship, your blocking and not being sure you want another relationship would probably make for more sorrow.

I suggest you try the self esteem paraliminal, the relationship one would be good too, that would help you explore what you want out of a relationship as well as improving current ones.

Like I said if you're not sure that you're ready for a new intimate relationship it's probably in your best interest not to worry about it. I know that our self esteem is often is shattered by the breakdown of an intimate relationship and to risk injury too soon causes many of us to apply the brakes, while we need to heal. Just knowing that you're OK on your own takes a while to accept to. Give it time and hang in there

Alex

You know i happened to notice your description: relentless pursuit of perfection

In any situation in life that's a pretty dangerous pursuit. Life is about wholeness and wholeness includes the good, bad and ugly.

Lighten up

Hey Namrekca7, you might want to try these out:

Definately get prosperity, but ditch the playboys. Those are fake airbrushed girls that only exist in your(my) mind. (But dang they are pretty)

Also get Relationships. Side B is great for getting you in the open/potentially vulnerable state that is absolutely necesary for meeting new people

Also try Instantaneous Personal Magnetism, and just watch a few moview where guys are chick magnets (Don Juan de Marco, Rhett Butler in Gone with the Wind, Garcia (can't remembe first name) from Things to do When you are Dead in Denver) or just go hang out in a bar on friday and sat nite and watch who is skilled with picking up ladies and model them.

If you are serious about making an effort to meet mrs. rite, think about creating her on paper, including every fricking thing you can think of, length of finernails, reaction when they say they are out of fries at mcdonalds, breast size, favorite jokes, etc.

The more effort you put in with your conscious mind, the more your other-than-conscious mind will get the hint and get to work on getting you the girl of your dreams.

George

OP Offline

Thank you guys all your advice will be taken to the lab to see what kinda of frankinstien or god I can create. Relentless pursuit of perfection to me is kinda a subjective affirmation. It clears my mind and puts my goals on a pedastool. It just helps me stay ambitious. I am stubborn about achieveing my goals- relentless. I realize the truth of your words, I embrace the bad, the good, the beatiful, the ugly. I just strive for a better tomarrow.

I don't have the relationships paraliminal, but I will be sure to get it. I got IPM, and a great deal others in the main three learning coarses. Its hard to put my finger on what I look for in a mate.

I agree with Margaret, your pursuit of perfection is an unrealistic and dangerous goal. I noticed that most people, not all, suggested trying to conjure up the ideal woman, focusing on physical, more or less superficial attributes. Try to decide what your priorities are. Some people focus on physical beauty when looking for a partner, whatever that may be to them, and others live their lives with a more spiritual focus. It's up to us to decide what will make us happy. When listening to Prosperity, your goal could be to allow wonderful, generous, and loving people into your life. Then perhaps you'll find that wonderful person you're looking for.

I just remembered a situation that Paul Scheele mentioned, which might help with deciding on a goal when listening to Proserity. He talked to a customer who said that the tape was not working. Paul asked what his goal was when listening. The customer's focus was on money, he knew the exact amount he wanted, and a new car. He knew the model of the car, the price, etc. His goal was specific right down to the color. Paul advised that instead, he should think about the end result that a car or money would bring. Transportation? Freedom? The point is not to limit the flow of prosperity. The idea is to remain open to unlimited possibilities. So, when you focus on the exact person you're looking for, what you're doing is actually limiting the possibilities. What do you want? To be happy? Forget about your ex? So try to think about the end result that you want. And notice the possibilities.

Our quest for perfection has caused many lovely adolescent girls to suffer from eating disorders. I agree with our moderator, Sandy, in that we need to look for somebody "wonderful, generous, and loving." At least I do anyway. (Although, that Playboy trick might be a good idea if you have one from the early 1970's. Those are real girls!!)

I say go for perfection. Aren't you worth it, after all?

Figure out -exactly- what you want in a mate, and then stick to that, no matter what. Remember, the more selective you are, the more selection you will have.

I recommend learning at least one method of character analysis. Graphology is my favorite (it spots trouble right away, and it can be used as a flirting method).

[This message has been edited by Kaiden (edited May 15, 2002).]

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved