Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49564 10/16/03 02:41 PM
AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

If you have trouble with getting sore feet from standing during the active exercises look at the type of footwear you have on.

I found running shoes and sports shoes the worse to be wearing for qi gong. Flat ones like the dunlop volleys are great and barefoot on a semi firm carpet just as good.

Alex

I don't experience any soreness. I've noticed that there is pressure. However, I find that as my body position adjust even slightly my body weight shifts back and forth across my foot. This releaves the pressure, or at least moves it.

I also do it barefoot on a padded carpet, so mine is not the worst case.

What I found the most awkward about the stance is having your feet parallel. You know removing that little bit of pidgeon toeing that most people do. When I shift my feet, that's when I feel the increase in pressure on the ball of my feet.

I think it's time for me to watch the video tape again.

You are perfection,
Iam2

Alex and IAM2

I at one point use to experience sore feet as well.

It has since then diminished and occurs rarely.

IAM2 ... I put the video on EVERY morning as I get a visual that Master LIN is right there with me.

Love and Light

Michael

I keep thinking of doing that. I'm concerned about waking the family even more than I already do.

Michael do you keep your eyes closed during the whole session? Or not at all?

I think having the music playing would be very helpful in keeping the mind from straying.

You are perfection,
Iam2

AlexK Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator

I use headphones and an auto reverse walkman for the audio tape. Pop it in the pocket or clip it on the back the wires from the headphones down the back where it stays nicely out of the way.

The reason I mentioned looking at the shoes you're wearing when you do qi gong. Usually I've been wearing flat shoes but yesterday I went to my brothers place and was wearing joggers. After popping his kids into bed, reading them 3 books (and after the tweedle beetle paddle puddle bottle battle muddle... I said no more ). 30 minutes later after all the delaying tactics were finished they were sound asleep and I did my hour of qi gong I lasted maybe 10 minutes into the exercise and my feet were hurting and was surprised that they were hearing because I haven't had this problem since the retreat. Then I realised the difference was the shoes. Kicked them of and I was in the emepiness.

Alex

Iam2,

Eyes closed throughout Active exercies except for the 7 steps ... eyes open, head slightly up, eyes about 20 degree angle looking up (gets into alpah state), photofocus with eyes and usually good to go.

This AM ... conscious of keeping my knees bent doing 7 steps ... seems to help.

Alex, I believe in the beginning I gave my feet too much attention and focused on the sore feet ... only after truly focusing (mainly the third eye) that pain ceased.

Noticed as well at times when focusing on the third eye, my awareness of body / state of mind would become crystal clear. Well, thats the best I can describe it at this point.

Love and Light

Michael

Love and Light

Michael

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved