Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
#49741 10/31/03 05:41 PM

I have something I came across that applies to this thread. It is probably Daoist, but I am not sure.
"The human mind does not have an innate tendency toward stillness. However, because the spirit dwells in it, the mind is still when the spirit is in control.

The human mind does not have an innate tendency toward activity. But, because knowledge dwells in it, the mind is active when knowledge is in control."

Every qigong exercise has a singular focus. Whether you accept the original as given , or create your own, this singular focus is the simplest way to enter the emptiness. When focused this way, the mind is assisting, not leading. Your spirit holds the intention, the mind assists in a secondary role. At some point, you move through this single focused intention, lapsing into emptiness, stillness, or oneness, or silence, etc.. You just 'are', and don't monitor or notice anything. There is no experience, other than being.
On a personal note, I often make a journey in my exercise or meditations, that takes me back to source, before the physical universe was created. My master's energy exists there, as do other higher beings that existed to assist in creation. Moving deeper, or farther back, there is just the source, or God. I either see it as an expansive sun, or hear the sound ohm in this great expanse. It is very expansive, and removed from this dimension. Sometimes I experience it 'there', or sometimes this sun, then enfolds over everything, including where I came from to get there...I use a visualization of travelling out in space past the known planets, big dipper, and north star. Then I envision a great sun in the center of the physical universe. I go through this sun to enter that space of pre creation, leaving the physical universe. I acknowledge all, and pay respects as I go. When in this pre creation space, I then move past beings that exist there, and enter another space/place, the source, prior to 'their' existence. Even if I am doing a meditation like small universe, I connect with this place through my master's energy, as, that is where his energy is coming from.
My mind, is not important during this process, other than the fact that it assists, and is given a needed rest. When you begin your exercises or meditation, don't take lightly, the merging with the universe, and the connection to your master's energy. You are setting up a state of being at that point, a singular focus, putting the mind in its place, connecting to spiritual and universal energy. Sometimes, I will stand for ten minutes experiencing all my relations, before I move my hands. I will have journeyed, and aligned. You 'are' in the void at this stage, moving back to your origin, or the source. The movement starts, from 'nothing'. Then the two hands move, establishing the yin and yang, and the beginning of the physical universe. Prior to the forming of yin and yang, for instance, in a Taoist view, as you move back through pre creation of the physical universe, you will find the five element stars, and the three pure ones, in that space prior to creation. The beauty and power of how level I active embodies source, pre creation , and creation, is very powerful. Do it as sacred movement, aware of this powerful return to source, and beginning from that point. Your mind will not interfere with this experience. Your active exercise starts with nothing,"nothing",,,, within(source), and then the yin and yang forms. Where are you , before you begin to move?? Even with the visualization I mention, this journey, although sacred and meaningful, is not the emptiness, it is just one path that can thlead there. I share this to emphasize your beginning state of being, when you start your mediation or exercise. How do you start? Have you empowered your spirit through a sacred joining with the universe, and the source, through your master's energy? Was it felt in your heart and experienced in a way that overrides busy thinking? I often wait, if I am using a CD or tape, before turning it on. I like to experience the beginning first, and sit in that. When I get to the meditation or exercise, I am having a full experience, devoid of distraction. enough!!
love,
gallen

#49742 10/31/03 08:09 PM

And may I add three letters...

W O W!

Ok one more.

Thanks

#49743 11/03/03 08:40 AM

From a more practical point of view, your chatter is your mind going through it's habitual cycle that it continually does all day. Your conscoius mind has I think 7 slots to hold information, in the form of the five senses. One non-meditative trick is to consciously fill these slots with something else, thus breaking the cycle. A neural linguistic programming approach would be to look up and visualize some pictures, look down and to the left and listen for a sound or inner dialog, and look down and to the right and feel a body part or two with your mind, thus filling the 7 slots with pictures, sounds and feelings. They have found that when you look in those directions, your mind accesses those things. I don't know if it is useful here, but I like to pour fuel onto a raging fire...

The SFQ active exercises and small universe already have enough to fill many of those slots. I like the previous idea of adding more to the visualizations and feelings, which keeps the focus on SFQ and fills more slots, thus preventing the slots from being filled by our habitual thoughts, as long as your mind is not too busy.

#49744 11/09/03 06:50 AM
soli Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks everyone for your input. All of it has merit, and I'm grateful for your insights.

Soli

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved