Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I am interested in learning bird songs, and I thought it would be interesting to use a direct learning approach.

Not so obvious to me how to accomplish this. Compression of the audio stream might be one approach. You can't change the tones, of course.

I suppose the same technique might help with languages.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Try it. See what happens. You might want to listen to "Memory Supercharger" before you try to learn from auditory sources, and for foreign languages also listen 1or 2 times passively to the language tapes/CD's before you begin to study.

Hope This Helps,
Jonah

bolaughin,
Try this: www.scientificsonline.com
and type in the word 'bird' it has a page where you can get a bird call identifying program. I do not know the programs name, but, hope this helps.

OP Offline

Thanks for the link, that's an interesting approach they use.

Your "listen passively" is an interesting and useful comment, which leads me to divide my task into two parts: first, how to best package the sounds for rapid learning (for example, some compression approach, like "fast finish"); second, how to achieve the auditory equivalent of "photofocus".

Thanks!

I don't have Genius Code, so I don't know if Win goes into freenoting. Freenoting is excellent for lectures, but not for foreign languages and for your purpose.
Maybe speed it up (like fast finish) and as you listen to it, let your thoughts wander, not focusing listening?

Just my two cents...

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved