Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Agent B Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Team:

The 2003 Annual Conference was a roaring success. For those of you who could not join us here is a run down...

Master Lin gave 4 lectures which at times were peppered with jokes and questions from the audience and even some heart felt testimonials from some amazing people who have healed themselves with help from Master Lin and/or SFQ.

I believe there were about 350 to 400 people there and 70 of us were from out of town including Arizona, California, Tennessee, Conneticut, Florida, and Georgia. The level 3 manual was available as well as lots of other support materials.

Master Lin also held numerous group meditations and healing sessions. We gathered one night and held a candle meditation for the world and for our friends and families who were far away. It was a very special event.

It was reported that Master Lin was seen flying during one of the meditations but I am not a peeker so I can't confirm this. Perhaps others who attended the conference can!

Master Lin said, "If you want to be a QiGong Master then quit your computer!" He really is smart!!

Master Lin told us about the student who was having trouble getting into the universe and finally his whole face brightened and he said to Master Lin that the reason he was having trouble getting into the emptiness was because he did not speak Chinese! (That's a joke).

Our forum group had dinner on both Friday and Saturday night. Iam2 was quite right that Shawn is a huge guy and can really put away the food. He must have to feed that huge heart that he has cause he really is a special person and we are lucky to have him watching over our forum!

In summary it is a simple formula:
1. Go into the emptiness
2. Stay simple
3. Use your conciousness/intention
4. practice, practice, practice
5. help others
6. smile

Special thanks to everyone at the SFQ Association, the volunteers and Learning Strategies for making this event possible and of course Master Lin and all the advanced students. I did a session with Jim Nance which was very powerful and I recommend if you go next year that you sign up and have a life moving experience.... or two... or more...

Peace to you all and hope to see you there next year,

Agent B

Thank you for posting this I was wonder when this information was going to be shared. I could not make it and was partially heart broken but fate decided it was not my time. Sounds like it was a great adventure which I hope to connect with next time,,,Wow 3 to 400 that is awesome.

Thanks for sharing the experience Agent B.

Yeah, Shawn does have a huge heart... I assumed the huge appetite part. Okay, the appetite thing was one of my limited efforts at humour. I sure Shawn wasn't the image I tried evoke for you.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha All,

Yes, Agent B and the gang were thrown off for only a minute Friday night when they came in during the setup and saw a guy feeding the baby that didn't quite live up to Iam2's open ended statement.

Since Agent B didn't put (joke) after some of his references, I'll clarify:

The Don't use a computer reference, was a joke Master Lin made when mentioning that his talk he had written for last year's event was deleted from his computer just before the event.

The Flying reference was in regards to a woman telling an incredible story of being in a study conducted by an international select group of doctors for the illness. (this is a very generic version of the story) Half ways through she wasn't making the progress the rest were and her Mom started her on Spring Forest Qigong. She then made gains that put her ahead of everyone else in the study. The doctors couldn't explain it, but thought their work must be doing wonderfully! When she told the doctors that she had started SFQ, they were upset and told her not to add anything other than what they were prescribing. A Chinese doctor on the staff pulled her aside and said that those Qigong masters are flaky and even think they can fly -stay away from it!

So she did, and her condition went back down to brutal. She said that the hugest thing that changed when doing or not doing her SFQ was her attitude. When she dropped SFQ, her health when back to where it was and so did her attitude, which got to the point that she didn't even want to do their work.

After while she forced her self to go back to that study and after being with it for a while they said she wasn't making the progress she was, and matter of fact, wasn't progressing at all. They suggested she may want to add yoga to her treatment. She was baffled, Yoga is ok, but qigong is not, even after the huge difference it made?

She said fine and signed up for the yoga class, but didn't go and started back with her qigong again. Once again she is doing better than everyone else in the study and the doctors think it is from their work and the yoga.

So...after that story, the person running the mic turned to Chunyi and said "well, for $180 will you show us how to fly?" The whole crowd had a good laugh and so did Chunyi.

It was wonderful to get to meet some faces from the Forum and I hope we can all meet at some point at a future class, retreat or special event.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited November 19, 2003).]

Hello Everyone,

I'm thrilled that I was able to go to the conference, and to meet some of you folks from the Forum. We ate at Ping's, and Agent B treated everybody! I didn't get to treat back, so guess I'll have to go again next year.

One story that stood out for me was told by Master Lin about a young mother in her 30's who had cancer. She kept worrying about what would happen to her children if she didn't survive. Master Lin tried to tell her, "Just stay away from your fears," but that was hard for her to do. Finally, at one point, after her cancer had gotten worse and worse, she started preparing for her death. She gave away some belongings to people who might like to have them. When Master Lin heard about this, he said, "That's good." He explained to us that once she started preparing for death, her fears went away. And her tumors shrunk a great deal. He never told the ending, but the message was clear -- stay away from fear, stress, anger. These things are very harmful.

In the same lecture, he asked if we think we own our body. No, we don't. Your body is a gift to you, for this life. In this life, you share with others, and bring happiness to others. At some point, this life will end, and God will give you another sort of life. The body is a gift. When you are afraid, or fight back, your Soul energy doesn't come out to help you. It's good to say, "I'm going to treasure this gift, and take care of it."

I had not realized that the Level 3 manual is out -- hadn't paid attention, I guess. I don't live in Minnesota. I'd been planning to go back in the spring to take that level, and I suddenly realized that I can now study it at home! So I have that now.

Another nice bonus of going to this event was that Master Lin shared techniques from the higher levels with everyone. He also shared a new technique that he had just developed. I don't say this to make people feel left out, but to show just how giving he really is. He wants people to know these things.

I had a session with Darcy. Very powerful. I've got a sore neck, and the energies in and around my neck felt like when a chiropractor adjusts me there, except of course she wasn't touching me. Shawn, it was really wonderful meeting you, Darcy and Isaiah!

Much love,
Anita

Agent B, Shawn and Anita:
Thanks for sharing news and stories about the Conference. I was wondering how everyone enjoyed it and am very impressed with the number of people who attended. I hope to attend next year.
Love and peace.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Much Love to All,

The conference was a wonderful experience, as was meeting all of you (Darcie & iSaiah thought so too.) Of course I was looking forward to meeting some of the other flavorful individuals from the Forum. In a future event then.

They're doing better each year on solidifying a date for the next year, so we can get out the word. Last year it was about 3 weeks, this year about 5 months, and hopefully we can get next year's dates set and out even earlier so those of us needing earlier notice can get it aligned.

Thank you Anita for sharing your posts. We'll be hearing more from others as their time to speak shows up. I'll pass on the acknowledgment to Darcie.

The rest of you were real troupers, even with the tough Minnesota weather outside

Aloha, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved