Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49903 11/21/03 11:47 AM
JETAY Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi Shawn
I read in one of the posts tonight that SFQ level 3 is now available in a manual and on checking both Learning strategies and springforest web sites can't find any reference to this. I live in Western Australia (Perth) and definitely plan to travel to Minnesota/Minneapolis next year, but, would prefer to attend the special event, and if it's at all possible, to undertake SFQ3 by remote learning so that I can get to meet all of the wonderful people that have so much valuable insight in this forum and maybe even have done enough work on SFQ level 3 to be able to attend SFQ level 4 while there. I did notice on the SFQ site that there is the capacity to purchase a couple of meditations that appear to relate to the higher levels so would appreciate your advice about this.

Although I'd love to have the honour, I don't work in the Hospice industry like Ascending 1 and one of the other members I have read a lot about recently (and deeply admire), but I have worked in the Human Resources field for more than two decades and have a strong affinity with what Ascending 1 and her friend are trying to achieve at a somewhat different level.

A good deal of the work I am involved in on a daily basis is about people in the workplace who cannot perform as well as they want to, or who have gotten ill or injured because they have lost touch with their own ability to make choices or decisions. Many of them, in my opinion, have body, mind or spiritual ailments that have been seriously weakened, broken or influenced by other people or businesses with overt personal interests ( including legal or medical practitioners).

I am totally convinced that SFQ can, should and will be a major influence in world health in the future and would absolutely welcome the opportunity to be a part of the process that facilitates such a major change.

With love, respect and awe
Jetay

#49904 11/21/03 10:08 PM

Jetay, I agree completely that SFQ will be of great value in helping the folks you are talking about. Master Lin has helped people with mental and emotional problems. The best way to help them, I think, is to have them do the exercises themselves. If you can somehow make that happen!

In my case with hospice, I have not tried that, but just worked quietly with the techniques. Maybe one day soon I'll get a client who's interested in hearing about Qigong and perhaps trying it.

Level 3 has to do with opening the 3rd eye. My patient (I'll call her Edna) who just died told me one day that she sometimes knew when somebody else was about to die. Edna was pretty open. Another lady in the retirement home was a long-time neighbor of hers. That lady died a few months ago, and Edna said, "I knew she didn't have long to live." I asked, "How did you know?" She said, "When I looked at her I could just tell. I could see Death." So then I asked Edna, "What do you see when you look at YOUR face?" "I see Death there too. I don't have very long."

She was so calm about it. I loved visiting her. It just was hard to see her when she was sick or in pain. As I get better at the Qigong, I hope to be able to help out with that more.

You are doing wonderful work too, working with folks who have more time to live their lives, to learn new ways of coping and living. It must take patience on your part I'm glad you are doing that for others.

#49905 11/24/03 05:59 PM

Jetay, it sounds like you are doing wonderful work as well. As you are probably aware of by now Anita was the other hospice volunteer you were referring to. Although she and I have not met personally, we are brothers and sisters on the same cause or path and that is always wonderful to connect with. It must be very rewarding for you to have the opportunity to plant the seeds for change and then see them blossom over time. You are on the front lines as well and effecting people in a beautiful way and that looks to be like a wonderful and rewarding experience as well.

Anita, have you tried to apply small universe from Lvl 2 with bed ridden patients? I was curious as to how you approached that type of situation.

It looks like I am now finding an interest in level 3 and look forward to any information you find on this Jet. Thanks for the post it has now sparked and interest me.

#49906 11/25/03 01:17 AM

Yes, I used Small Universe just today with a patient. I'm pretty shy to be seen doing it, but nobody was around just then, and he was dozing.

I'm starting to feel that any Qigong I might do is going to be OK. At first I thought that doing healing would prolong a person's suffering, but now I think it's not like that. One of my challenges at the nursing home where this patient is, is that the TV is always going. There are 3 patients in the room, and they all have TV's, often tuned to different stations! That's a good reason to sometimes practice SFQ without any music going, incense, darkened room, etc.

#49907 11/25/03 12:18 PM

Anita, I know what you mean about the shyness part. I have the same issues I think. One of my patients has a room I can close the door a little and get a little privacy. The other at another location has a big open room with a room mate which makes it very difficult and this one is very coherent and chatty.

I know what you mean about the TV’s they must be a standard method of occupying the mind.

You said your patient was just dozing during the small universe, does he know about the Qigong? Just curious on how he may of handled that information, how old is he?

I was also cautious about the potential of prolonging a persons suffering but then a friend explained it like this. Whenever a person is offering healing for the greater good of another soul in need the energies would be guided to where it is most needed regardless of any personal intentions. All one needs is an open and compassionate heart to be the conduit for assistance and the rest takes care of itself. Kind of put to rest a lot of concerns I had with regards to doing something right or wrong or possibly causing harm in some unknown way.

When you said “ That’s a good reason to sometimes practice SFQ with out any music going, incense, darkened room etc.” did you mean for you personally or at the patients location?

#49908 12/01/03 09:56 PM

No, he does not know about the Qigong. He's in his 60's, and might possibly be open to it, but he's pretty sick now, and has trouble talking.

When I said one should practice without incense, music, etc., I meant at home. That once in awhile I need to practice it without those things, so that I can get into the Emptiness when I'm at a nursing home with the TV going!

Cheers,
Anita

#49909 12/02/03 04:06 PM

Anita,
Don't worry about the healing - wat will happen will happen. Just simply say a prayer befor you start - something like this.
"Master please come and guide me in my healing of the mind, spirit and soul and make him as comfortable as possible with his body."

I use something like this with my 82 year old friend that I see daily. I also use the small universe and the adhd treatment Master Lin taught us.

Don't be afraid to help others in any situation. The Master has given to us an insight only a few have the opportunity to use. If you are afraid of ridicule it's ok. Just practice in the privacy of your mind.

have a happy day

justcappy

#49910 12/03/03 09:59 PM

Hi Justcappy!

Great to hear from you. I sure enjoyed meeting you and Sharon at the Conference. I know you've been doing wonderful healing work with your neighbor you mentioned here.

OK. Thanks for the encouragement for using the SFQ for people we meet. I'm going to keep practicing, and would like to get to where I can do it easily "in the privacy of my mind," as you say. I'm still (usually) using the hand motions.

With love to all,
Anita

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved