Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49916 11/26/03 07:05 PM
OP Offline

Hi all..

Can anyone point me towards any good Qigong practitioners in the UK, South East area (the ones that do the hands-on jesus-stylee).

I got some pretty bad blockages. I'm not sure I can clear them myself.

Thanks

#49917 12/01/03 11:54 AM

Hello Robotnik,

Unfortunately there are not a great many Qigong practioners who teach/heal in the UK. Alos don't forget SFQ as a form of Qigong is specifically designed for healing purposes. This is not necessarily the focus of a many other forms.

As far as i know we do not have any Qigong masters of any reknown based in the UK. It is for this reason i myself have opted for SFQ via self-learinging materials and hope to visit Master Lin to learn the next levels next year in the US.

If you contact me offline i could advise you what's on offer in the UK if you still wish to go down this course but you may need to travel a bit. Have you given SFQ a try? I strongly recommend that you do. If you tried already can you describe to us what you are doing? At least buy Master Lin's book available on his website as it has the basic exercises in there.
Also if you give us a few more details about your blockages we should be able to help you on this forum.

Hakim

#49918 12/02/03 06:23 AM

With respect there a great many skilled qigong healers in the U.K. Michael Tse who can easily be found by using a search engine is very highly regarded. Do not be put off by individuals who seem to be primarily martial artists;at the higher levels healing is increasingly emphasised. Jim Uglow in Essex is another very knowledgable individual. Some of the aforementioned martial artists will put you in touch with people who can help.

#49919 12/03/03 11:47 AM

Dr Robotnik
Dr Bisong Guo is a QiGong master that I had the great pleasure of meeting recently in a one day workshop here in Australia. She has a similar mission in life to Master Lin and I was very impressed because she reminded me so much of him(I should say thought that I have only seen him in his videos and heard him on CD - the effect has been profound nonetheless) in her demeanour and selflessness and simplicity. She resides in the UK and and while her main focus and desire to teach is as a qigong master, she also has medical qualifications as a general practitioner, acupuncturist and in acupressure.

She has published a book called "Listen to your body - the wisdom of the Dao" which is a good guide in many ways, and I'm certain you'll be able to find a reference to her on a search engine - I checked google.com and could certainly see some sites there that you might want to check out.

Warm regards
Jetay

#49920 12/05/03 11:36 AM

Here are some other links or resources in your area.
http://chinesehealth.com/wtcqd/wtcqd_search.asp?Country=United+Kingdom&wtcqd_search.asp=Go

The above DB link originated from.
http://www.worldtaichiday.org/

#49921 12/14/03 12:56 AM
OP Offline

Hey hey!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I'll be in contact with the names you've left me with.

Much appreciated.

One last question:

How long does it usually take a good Qigong healer to unblock, soothe and restore even flow to a blocked area. Now, I realise this is heavily dependent upon the severity of the blockage, and as such, might be quite a difficult question to answer. But, I'm just trying to get a rough idea of how many sessions I may need with a healer before my major blockages are cleared up.

What are your personal experiences?

Does it take 4 sessions on average? 8? 12?
2?

Again, I know it depends on the individual and the healer, but what can you tell me about the average treatment length and what have been your personal experiences seeing qigong healers.

Thanks
Paul

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved