Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49925 12/01/03 07:15 PM
OP Offline

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with effects of SFQ on osteoporosis. I've done the medical things, and even on the recommended meds, things were getting worse. I've discontinued those because of side effects, and found some studies on the benefits of soy in reversing bone loss. Still taking calcium supplements too. But I'm hopeful that all this great energy flow will be adding substance to my spongy spine.
Thanks and blessings.

#49926 12/02/03 03:53 PM

Hi Boydville,
Qigong is very effective for spine work. Many of the techniques focus energy there, which can't help but produce favorable results, throughout one's system. Just the simple elongating and alignment of the spine, suspending the crownpoint, in a basic qigong posture can have transformative results, just like something as simple as a smile turned inwards. These should be felt very openly, and as a progressive state of relaxation, as opposed to any force.
This post brings another idea to mind. Many people post here, asking if qigong will help this or that specific blockage. One should remember, that qigong is a very effective 'preventative' , lifestyle practice. You are more than your issue or blockage. Look at yourself as a whole, and how a daily practice of qigong address's your whole being. Start addressing your whole being. Your specific blockage will get swept away in this process, as you take care of aspects of self you may or may not even be aware of. Qigong is not just something to be taken out of the medicine cabinet for application to a single blockage that has reared its head in your physical body. It is stellar, as a preventative practice, a life style change... The blockage gets addressed as you shift your lifestyle up to a higher state of being, living healthier, and keeping 'everything' open, and flowing.
love,
gallen

#49927 12/03/03 08:43 PM

Hello Bodyville,

I have some first-hand experience with this. First thing to note is that Calcium taken by itself will worsen osteoporosis! This is why western medicine has till recently been failing in this area by prescribing calcium supplements for osteoporosis. There have been numerous scientific studies doen which back this up and taking Calcium as a supplement by itself is not normally precribed any longer.

Calcium will only help to recalcify bones in the presence of Magnesium in ratio of 2:1 (C:Mg). I have an older brother who has a serious problem with osteoporosis. As soon as i pointed this out to him he started taking this supplement it helped greatly but only up to a point. One now finds ready made tablets in health food shops with this thinking built, in fact i have a bottle of these tablets sat on my desk for me to take.It's not a be all end all. Look more closely at your diet as a whole and lifestyle in general.

Unfortunatley so much of our food we eat is not in a form that God intended. Our drinking water is polluted, foods denatured of natural minerals, and wholesome foods corrupted by diabolicial means such as gamma-rays, hydrogenisation etc just to make a few extra buck for the mass food producing industry.

Hamim

#49928 12/04/03 01:12 PM

Hakim is correct there is much the body these days is not receiving that it needs. Here is a link worth investigating http://www.todayshealth.com which may provide some alternatives. It is just a number but ask them for an audio tape of the program so you can evaluate. They are also running a ½ hour infomercial that is pretty informative. I think that the supplements would be an awesome complement with SFQ and would provide your body with the necessary nutrition it needs.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved