Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#49956 12/11/03 05:18 PM
OP Offline

Hi,
I just knew about a little 11 years old girl who has cancer in her stomach, she is a school mate of my son. I really want to help. I have been practicing Qigong for about 2 months and I have gotten rid of some minor pains. I have also been applying the "sword fingers" technique to my wife who suffers a back pain with little results. She is supposed to have some kind of callosity in her back that produces such a pain.
Plese give me some help about these 2 situations.

[This message has been edited by JORGEMAL (edited December 14, 2003).]

#49957 12/11/03 07:37 PM

Hey Jorgemal, the simplest thing you could do for the little girl is add her to the healing list. This is a list where several of us can get together remotely and work with people at the same time. This is something you could partake in as well even with your current knowledge. All it really requires is an open mind, compassionate heart and willingness to help someone in need.

You could also (if she is open to it) teach her some of the basic routines and include your son. Keep the repetition, and complexity low to maintain there interest. Level 2 provides some awesome tools for a more direct approach if you are interested in expounding on the foundation you are already establishing.

Regarding your wife, if you can get her to partake in the qigong practice that would help immensely. Get her to relax and go with the flow. If standing for long periods is a bother then she could modify the series from a sitting position. The benefits are still there and we can help guide you on the particulars if this is a path you need to take. The sword fingers are an excellent start and there are key points you can focus on to help free up and move energy blockages. How are you currently using this?

In the mean time continue your practice (building your foundation) ask for guidance, maintain an open mind and trust your intuition. It is all good and your intentions will go along way even if on the surface it looks like you are not making progress.

Best wishes,

#49958 12/15/03 12:00 AM
OP Offline

quote:
Originally posted by Ascending1:
Hey Jorgemal, the simplest thing you could do for the little girl is add her to the healing list. This is a list where several of us can get together remotely and work with people at the same time. This is something you could partake in as well even with your current knowledge. All it really requires is an open mind, compassionate heart and willingness to help someone in need.

You could also (if she is open to it) teach her some of the basic routines and include your son. Keep the repetition, and complexity low to maintain there interest. Level 2 provides some awesome tools for a more direct approach if you are interested in expounding on the foundation you are already establishing.

Regarding your wife, if you can get her to partake in the qigong practice that would help immensely. Get her to relax and go with the flow. If standing for long periods is a bother then she could modify the series from a sitting position. The benefits are still there and we can help guide you on the particulars if this is a path you need to take. The sword fingers are an excellent start and there are key points you can focus on to help free up and move energy blockages. How are you currently using this?

In the mean time continue your practice (building your foundation) ask for guidance, maintain an open mind and trust your intuition. It is all good and your intentions will go along way even if on the surface it looks like you are not making progress.

Best wishes,

Regarding the sword fingers techine, I am using it following the example that is given in the video. I move my hand with my two fingers that are straight along my wife's lower back up to her neck and also part of her arms. I do this several times. Next, I start removing anything that is causing this pain, including the pain itself using my whole hand "throwing away" everything as the video explains. Lastly, I transfer energy from the palm of my right hand nine times to the lower part of her back, then nine times to the middle, then nine times to the upper part, nine times to the right shoulder and nine times to the left shoulder.

Here is one comment. The first day I tried this it was JUST AFTER my qigong session at around 11 PM so my wife was already at bed. I had the sensation of doing something at that moment so I started to pass my 2 fingers along her back several times, as a kind of massage, softly. That's all I did, just pass my fingers touching her back softly. Next day in the afternoon she told me the pain had gone. But it was back by the next night.
Now, I am following the instructions in the video and doing this every night.

I suppose I must do this as long as the pain is there right ?
How do I reach the healing list ?

[This message has been edited by JORGEMAL (edited December 14, 2003).]

#49959 12/15/03 09:35 PM

Hi,
It is good to generate some warmth and qi flow within yourself, prior to addressing your wife's back. "Having the sensation of doing something", is a significant message or feeling to follow up on. I don't consider that a coincidence. You were probably in an expanded state of awareness..Sometimes the timing and situation are ideal to do something, and a more natural session takes place.
What you are doing is fine. I would work from top to bottom, as opposed to tailbone and up. Take the spine as one unit. Break up blocked energy with your sword fingers as you are doing. Although the specific spots you are addressing on the spine are key spots, C7, tailbone, etc., and you can have that awareness as you do the work, try raking down the whole spine from top to bottom, palm down, fingers as the rake. They can be quite straight, or hooked a bit. You can just rake it out, or rake to a grab and throw the extra energy away. In the key spots, you can grab with a squeezing closed claw like hand, turning counterclockwise to pull out blockages, combined with raking down motions. Sometimes, moving your hand down the full length, like you perhaps did with your sword fingers, can smooth out the energy, or line it up, so to speak. You probably just moved the energy down and through spine with your soft, natural massaging motion, and got results. Almost like 'directing' the energy, pointing its way with your sword fingers. This is conjecture on my part! Patting the energy in is of course correct. You can put it in with different motions condusive to smoothing the energy flow. Like petting a dog. Smoothing your hand down the spine as you put in energy. Like a laser beam of light, moving over a landscape. So, both the raking out and petting or smoothing down motion, to clear out the length of the spine. You can mix in more focused sword fingers and grabbing, out of, say the C7 at the top of the spine , and the tailbone at the bottom. If you continue with the rest of the head points, it certainly wouldn't hurt (see level II, if this is not in your repetoire yet). If not, maybe try including the base of the skull too, so the neck is included. When you are finished, you could also just pass your palms from head to foot, to smooth out the energy, the length of the body.
Moving out to the shoulders is of course ok. There are key points, on the top side. If you clear the tops of the shoulders, then try patting in the energy to the topside, or just holding them there, and envision the energy moving down the arms to the palms. That is a good pathway connection. Those smooth strokes can go from the C7 to the shoulders and down the arms, past the hands, and down the full length of the spine from top to bottom. Just like spreading butter, smoothing out the energy as healing energy goes in. Raking works too, and can be soft or hard in expression. Again, smoothing down everything from top to bottom at the end. It is very easy to express loving intentions through this motion too, 'great caring' for who you are doing this too. Open your heart, and breath into, and out of the heart as you do this work, channelling energy through the middle dan tien. Get into level II, as it expands your abilities to clearing everything, in a session, and moving energy through someone's small universe, which connects to all pathways, as you start and finish.
Ascending I gave lots of good suggestions too...
love,
gallen

#49960 12/15/03 09:47 PM

Keep doing what you are doing on a daily basis, for awhile. Also, pain is not necessarily an indication of blockages. It can also occur in the 'healing' side of the process. As Ascending mentioned, follow your intuition, regarding whatever...

#49961 12/16/03 03:14 PM

Jorgemal,
I didn't mean to skip the little girl you know with stomach cancer. I appreciate your wanting to help the people around you. Sometimes our qigong skills are not up to speed with the desire we feel to help others. I lost one of my best friends to cancer, a number of years ago, before I was utilizing qigong for healing purposes. I sometimes think back about what I could have done to help. Just keep practicing, you will catch up to the needs you see around you. You do what you can. Get level II, if you don't have it already. The fact that you don't have to touch someone to help them, is a real asset to qigong healing. It is much easier to offer that kind of help, than if you were offering something with physical contact. Take the plunge, when you get level II down, and go for it. You don't have to have a feeling for qi, or intuitive skills, for the techniques to work. Just go through the steps, and know/trust that they are producing a good effect. You can always bring someone into your meditation or exercise session, as a means of sending them good energy. You can do a meditation where you are doing a level II healing session on this little girl. You can sit motionless, or actually go through the movements with your hands, to help you visualize and experience, if that helps. There are no rules regarding your creative approach. You intention is key, and also, working with or through the master's energy. The master's energy amplifies your effectiveness , and keeps everything appropriate, regarding what you are doing. All you have to do is ask for this help. Always give thanks, or pay respects first, then ask for help. Also , you can add them to the saturday healing meditation list, posted in another folder in this forum.
love,
gallen

#49962 12/18/03 12:39 PM

Man Gallen I do love your post they are always enlightening.

Jorgemal,
I have included a link, or a sample of the listing. It is here in the same forum where you would find the list to add the names of loved ones or those in need. Keep an eye out for one setup for this coming weekend or feel free to initiate it yourself.
http://www.learningstrategies.com/forum/ubb/Forum9/HTML/000664.html

Of course by now you probably have already figured this out.

Love & light.

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited December 18, 2003).]

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved