Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
kev5 Offline OP
OP Offline

Before I was involved with SFQ I did level 1 Reiki. Level 2 Reiki, which I haven't done, enables you to send the energy to someone far away and I have had experience of receiving this from a friend - a powerful experience for me. I have always wanted the possibility of sending healing to people like my mum who lives many miles away and has the occasional health problem. For me now the 'system' of choice would be SFQ because I notice that that's what I instinctively use when my wife or children need some healing. However I don't get the sense that Level 2 SFQ enables me to send healing to people at a distance and I know that Reiki 2 does offer this. A dilemma arises because I have the opportunity to do Reiki 2 with some people I respect and I find myself thinking should I mix and match systems. Money is also not especially plentiful so I'm not sure it is a straightforward option to do the Reiki 2 and buy SFQ level 2 as well to give me the choice. Perhaps with SFQ level 3 you can send healing on the airwaves but again because of the expense this is not a realistic option for me at the moment.

I recall talk on this forum about the relative 'power' of each system. Shr44m had things to say about this - are you still out there shr44m? And I guess that Gallen would say that whatever it says in the level 2 manual you can send Qigong over the airwaves in the right frame of mind.

Can anybody help me tease this one out please?

Kev5, You can save your money for the SFQ course instead. Many people offer free Reiki attunements and they are not hard to find. A few are:
http://www.geocities.com/measi_reiki/
http://www.network54.com/Hide/Forum/135640?it=0
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/attunementshare
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/free_reiki_attunement

Manuals and documentation? http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ReikiDocumentations

Reiki is one of many energy healing systems, but apparently the meme for Reiki has a high fitness value. (Memes are from the science of memetics and these forums are great for propagating them.)

Hi Kev,
Right frame of mind???, or heart.. Our intellects can keep us 'thinking', that there is something 'out there', that can give us something we think we don't have the ability to do, and this system will give it to us. A good system allows you to do, what you already know, and helps you maximize that. There is only one truth behind all this.
You are a good person , to have a primary motivation , of wanting to help your mum. Your observation about how you already help those closer to you, space wise, with SFQ, as instinct, says something.
I have found through some good experience with good teachers, that often on my end , defining myself as 'student', and hearing about some great technique or method I am to learn, like long distance healing,,,, was incredibly simple, upon actually learning it, and ,you already could have done, what you were shown, in the technical sense. You simply, just do it. The teacher, or system, fills in the creative part for you, or a 'way' to do it. One way, , for starters. Pretty soon, you realize the ways are unlimited, just as creativity is unlimited.
There are already examples within this forum and the material you have been working on, that illustrate long distance healing. The saturday meditations. Bringing someone into your meditations or exercise sessions. All forms of long distance healing.
The obstacles that come up to one's 'own' success with this, are self doubt, lack of focus, lack of trust in the process or one's own power, etc.. One can look for a 'way' to do long distance healing, while they actually already hold the method in their hands.
Long distance healing is about visualization, focused will, intention filling with spirit, being spirit, and working 'with' or 'as' the master's energy, or spiritual energy. Also, unconditional love. The love, in itself, can trigger great waves of energy, and empower you to give help in a meaningful way.
You may remember Master Lin using toilet paper to accomplish a clearing or healing session , with a group of people at an association meeting. He was teaching us that the method was irrelevant. Those attributes I mention above, are the relevant part. The way, or method is secondary. You won't find, what you already have, somewhere else. You do, already have the ability. Upon first exercising it, you may be faced with whether or not it was effective, or doubt the results. This is one of the first hurdles to get past. Get into it, experience it fully in spirit, heart, and inner vision, supported or done as an aspect of the creator, through you and the master's energy, merged with the universe. "Assume the success of your endeavor."
Is there a more effective method than this? These are the nuts and bolts. Need an approach or format? Try meditating with the saturday group healing connected to this forum. One way to approach long distance work. Need more evidence of experience and effectiveness? Lengthen your meditations, and be patient. It will unfold for you, everything you need is already there.
Start doing it. Sit down and do what you do for your kids, for instance, as a meditation, not an actual physical act. Next time they need help, try this. Go into your private space, and do a visualization of your helping them. Trust, intention, will, spirit, unconditional love... this is your technique. It is all there.
Level II has 'alot' of valuable information. You get a complete approach to thoroughly clear someone. A complete session. Again, this same method, can be done as a visualization, long distance. At arm's length, or in another state, no difference. If it is not in front of you, you can bring them to you, or go to them.
Working through this in meditative experience is very self empowering. Perhaps it seems easier to look for something that will hit like a lightning bolt, and give us the guarded technique that works. The technique, whatever it is, only works, if you are involving all those attributes I mentioned. If you incorporate those into your state of being, you can do it , however you see it, or feel it. You can pick up a piece of toilet paper, and heal your mum, in a diffent location. You don't even need the real toilet paper, you can envision it. See it soaking up all the blockages from your mom, or wipe them away.
However/whatever. Just focus, see, feel, love, full of spirit and will, clear intention... It happens before you even go through the paces. Your intention 'starts' to trigger it. Your mind starts to envision and manifest. You sit down in meditation, get all the ingredients in motion, see it. "It is done." See it only start, or sit with it, "it gets done". Afterwards, just as you leave a person with a positive statement(level II), you keep yourself, from bringing in doubt about what you just did. Don't go there, it undoes what you just did. If someone 'looks' for pain, or the blockages you removed, they can find them again. Same for self doubt.
If you want to have more affirmation of your work or experience, or be more effective. Meditate more. Small universe, whatever,,,,longer meditations. Answers come, things unfold. You have this already within you, just allow it to happen. You have to do the work, even if a method is handed to you. Practice makes perfect. You can access the creator, or spiritual source through the master's energy. Master Lin did not give you this connection. He just gave us the awareness, and has us do it. It is that simple. Long distance healing is that simple. You don't have to buy the technique. Evidence of method is already around you, ability is already there. You won't find something out, you don't already know, puruing something else.
Regarding Reiki,,,,one person's attunement is not anothers. There is just as many practices of Reiki, as there are of qigong. Some are better than others. Don't assume the 'word' or practice, involving Reiki means the same thing in all situations. Separate 'liking' or trusting your friends, from their Reiki expertise. Maybe talking to them more about this will reveal all the same ingredients I mention, and you will feel more comfortable with what you already have to work with, and work with it. I do think you would greatly value from level II, for hands on work(invaluable), or as a meditation to help others. In the meantime, the growth can be found through your meditations. Lengthen them, frequent them...
love,
gallen

Kev,
another way to look at it...
Eliminate all the circumstances, if you can...what would 'you' truly love to do, if you could, with no limitations? What path would you like to follow? This is where you should set your sights and manifestations. If it is not at arms length, simply deepen your existing practice, do what you can do, hold the vision, and be patient. -g

kev5 Offline OP
OP Offline

Shr33m and Gallen

Thank you both very much for your replies which I have found very useful and am still digesting. Excuse my delay in replying - my new year seems to have brought email server problems with it. I have to go shopping with my daughter now in the sales and will reply more fully a little later!!

Happy New Year to you and anyone else who reads this!

Love,

Kev

Wonderful responses as usual here. Kev, I would only add that in my personal experience and when I first started getting interested in this I met a person that was into the laying on of the hands approach to healing. Similar to all forms of energy work. He did his own version of remote healing with no back ground training in Reiki or Qigong or anything else other than his own willingness and desire to help others.

It was amazing the stories he would tell and letters sent back to him giving thanks for his help. He was known only by word of mouth and yet was constantly and actively helping people. This only required his focused mind and connection to the love energies (basically the requirements that gallen had outlined) which he had naturally and was obviously very effective with.

Bottom line, these are all tools that can be used in conjunction with something we already have and are capable of. Reiki and it’s symbols are a great example of this for it is through the focusing of the mind (using the symbols) that it’s effectiveness is seen. Basically Nothing would be effective without a focused mind, an open compassionate heart and the desire, all of this you have already.

[This message has been edited by Ascending1 (edited January 06, 2004).]

kev5 Offline OP
OP Offline

thank you for this ascending1. I do know that I have been able to send healing from my 'own' resources in the past but doubts creep in when there is less urgency. I am still chewing over all these replies and realsie that i need to have a different view of meditation to the one I have previously have. I am working on a number of observations and questions to come back with when my workload diminishes a little!

Love, Kev

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved