Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#50090 01/05/04 04:47 AM
OP Offline

I am looking for advise about building kidney energy in addition to the active and meditation exercises in SFQ(1). I am getting some results, but I am wondering if there are other methods/practices/suppliments that can help this process. I appreciate any help that you can offer.

#50091 01/06/04 05:11 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha ctaylor5072,

Master Lin includes additional information along with a sword fingers active exercise that will increase kidney energy.

Chunyi will have people right after meditation to rub the hands and hold the kidneys -feeling the energy being sent there, rather than rushing through that part in the Harvesting of Qi .

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited January 06, 2004).]

#50092 01/09/04 04:31 AM

Hi CT:

I had malaria quite a few times and had serious liver and kidney trouble. SFQ has helped me greatly. After the November 2003 Annual Conference one of the SFQ advanced students suggested I supplement my QiGong with some Chinese foods herbs. Apples are good, too.

I went to see a Chinese Medical Doctor and she gave me herbal supplements which are mixed together and made into a tea. She started with 18 different herbs and after a few weeks it was only 13. I've been doing this almost 2 months now. I drink the tea 3x per day and she said it will take 3 to 4 months for the Yang remedies to come full force and it has helped me already. I have also increased the time of my meditations and during an hour or longer total meditation will focus for 10 to 15 minutes each day on inhaling blue energy into the kidneys (exhaling contaminated smoke/blockages) and then green energy into the liver.

In the Level II manual Master Lin recommends black sesame seeds. You can get these at any Asian grocery story. Just put a few tablespoons into a glass and soak them for 10 minutes or so then remove any that are floating and drain off the water. Then I pour boiling water on them and let them sit for 15 minutes or more and sip the "tea" and scoop out the seeds. Be sure to brush your teeth or at least rinse when you are done as the seeds stick in all kinds of funny places!

I often will rub my hands together and just place them over the kidneys and visualize healing energy pouring into the kidneys and warming them which is easy to do when you are sitting in a meeting, waiting in line, or in a car (don't try it if you are driving!).

This has worked for me and also helped greatly with improving my circulation and spirit.

Stay warm as it really taxes your kidneys when you get cold especially your feet and hands.

Time to go drink my tea,
Agent B

[This message has been edited by Agent B (edited January 08, 2004).]

#50093 01/10/04 12:46 AM
OP Offline

thanks for the info. I am busy getting everything organized to prepare for moving my family. It seems like I work for an hour, then I feel so tired even though I haven't done anything really taxing. I lay down and do a meditation exercise. It seems like things get a little better, and then I go work for another hour. I don't seem to go through this when I am at work. I am on vacation and I think that maybe on some level I have given myself permission to relax more and recharge. I don't know. Thanks again for the sdvice. I really need to save up and get SFQ2.

#50094 01/11/04 02:20 PM

Hi,
Just to add another aspect... the opposite, what can harm or deplete kidney energy. Building it is one perspective, what does damage to the kidneys, or depletes kidney energy is the other aspect that one could consider. The negative emotion that harms the kidneys , is fear. Also, from a more physical perspective, sexual activity should be regulated. If I had kidney problems/blockages, I would try and obstain from sexual activity. Even when you think sexual thoughts, your energy starts to move to a different place, internally. Maybe you didn't want to hear that!!
Given the fact that most blockages are emotionally based, if one has blockages there, some self reflection on how one feels, in regards to holding fear, would be a good self healing realization to explore.
In Mantak Chia's books, he introduces the concept of (Taoist) animal spirits that can be placed in the organs to protect them. They serve other functions too. The animal for the kidneys is a blue deer, and the accompanying , positive feeling, is gentleness. I worked with these animal spirits for awhile, prior to practicing SFQ. I found them to be effective in inner visualization, to support, or enhance 'color', and often , will place that spirit image in, along with the color for each of the five organs. The color , in and of itself is enough, as far as self healing goes. The 'protective' aspect is a nice concept, having this friendly 'guardian' of sorts dwelling there. It may have more to do , with personalizing the relationship to one's kidneys, constantly revisiting one's inner vision of one's kidneys as blue(dark blue), and loving that little blue deer in there to boot.
I have worked with specific, personal animal spirit helpers, and found these Taoist animal spirits, very accessible , for anyone to employ. It is good to realize though, that simple is good, and often at a higher level. Just the color dark blue is complete, as a vibration or type of light, and animal spirits, in the Native American sense, no longer, necessarily come in with younger generations. It is in a purer, or simpler form, as just light, from a visual standpoint. In the past, this recognizable 'animal image' form of spiritual energy was easier to engage with or experience, and not freak out the person experiencing it. I say this, so one doesn't feel like there is something to go add to your qigong repetoire. The color is enough, with your inner smile covering the rest.
love,
gallen

#50095 01/13/04 03:32 PM

Gallen,

I too have very low kidney energy and after reading your post, I suspect fear to be a significant contributor (not having too much sex or even thinking about it - 'takes too much energy...).

Do you have any suggestions to help alleviate fear in addition to visualizing it leaving my body/mind during meditations and exercises?

Thanks, Lisa

#50096 01/13/04 09:06 PM

ctaylor5072, the SFQ II course is mostly information on healing others. Of course it covers some theory that useful when working on yourself. The Black Sesame Tea is tossed in like a tip, just like the Yin Yang Water in SFQ I.

kienholz, LSC has had some other products that can help change your attitude towards fear. After the retreat with LSC this summer I no treat all emotions as messages to my conscious mind. Most of the time when Fear appears within me, it not survival related. It does tell me something about a belief I have. I can then look for the source of the fear (a belief) and deal with it. You can release it. You can modify the belief. You can reclaim the energy that has been invested in the fear. You can see it as identifying an area for personal growth. I do the same with other emotions. If I'm not feeling love, or at least nutrality towards a person or situation I examine it and adjust.

Gallen, as usually you've given me something to think about or is that not think about

You are perfection.
Iam2

#50097 01/13/04 09:09 PM

Hi Lisa,
I posted a reply, but lost it, as I must have entered my password wrong!! I have to get back to work, as these replies can take some time, and I have used up my time in the forum for now. I wiLL answer this,,,,I have some ideas for you to consider..
love,
gallen

#50098 01/13/04 11:53 PM

There are many methods that can be used to alleviate fear (EFT, Sedona Method, etc.) but here's one from the healing art of Jin Shin Jyutsu.

Using the simple fingerholds or mudras, hold either index finger with the thumb and fingers of the other hand for a few minutes or until the pulse is harmonized. You could also hold the other index finger afterwards if you like.

Each finger has a corresponding function relating to one or more internal organs and there are complex sequences.

THUMB: Corresponds to worrying, depression, anxiety. Physical symptoms may be stomach aches, headaches, skin problems and nervousness.

INDEX FINGER: Corresponds to fear, mental confusion, frustration. Physical symptoms are digestive problems and muscle problems like backaches.

MIDDLE FINGER: Corresponds with anger ("give someone the bird"), irritability, indecisiveness. Physical symptoms are eye or vision problems, fatigue, circulation problems.

RING FINGER: Corresponds with sadness, fear of rejection, grief, negativity. Physical symptoms are digestive, breathing or serious skin problems.

LITTLE FINGER: Corresponds with overdoing it, insecurity, effort, nervousness. Physical symptoms are bone or nerve problems, sore throat.

These are the "quickie" fixes which can be done anywhere without others realizing what you are doing. A longer sequence for fear is to hold the thumb, then hold the index finger, and then hold the little finger for a few minutes each. You can also repeat this procedure on the other hand. This removes the tensions which cause the attitude of fear.

The main daily maintenance techniques have to do with opening the 26 safety energy locks in the body to let the energy flow in harmony with the universe. Jin Shin Jyutsu involves using the hands and fingers with a very light touch to "jump-start" your energy battery. (This art is so ancient it predates qigong and recorded history.)

Tip: The chant of the Japanese Buddhist sect - "Nam Myoho Renge Kyo" - harmonizes you spiritually with the rhythm of the universe. A powerful mantra.

[This message has been edited by shr33m (edited January 13, 2004).]

#50099 01/14/04 04:47 PM

Hi Lisa,
As shr33m suggests, there are lots of methods. I will suggest a few from a different perspective, as you can access these things you want to effect, through different approaches. One way, is what you are doing in your visualizing of releasing it, in your exercises and meditations. It is good, that you don't limit yourself to releasing just physical blockages.
I think an important key is being more aware. By that, I refer to what one is thinking or experiencing at any given moment. While exercising, it is easier to focus the mind and hold an intent that addresses what your intention is focused on. The mind assists, or is given a task that focuses it, or , you relax and quiet the mind while your singular focus is perhaps on something else, like your breath and releasing, or just nothing, sitting in quiet, and benefitting from that. Now, holding awareness, after you do an exercise or technique that addresses releasing fear, is a different matter. The phrase, "walking your prayer",comes to mind. What are you doing for the rest of the day you 'aren't' practicing whatever exercises/meditations you do in specific sessions. Those sessions, by the way, are probably a small part of your waking day.
The mind can sort of take off on its own, and you can easily go off and revisit 'past' events connected to anxiety or fearfulness, or, travel into the future and think of all sorts of possible things involving anxiety or fear. This is , of course, true for other negative emotions. So, the goal, can be, to be more aware of staying in the present moment, and not doing all the travelling back and forward in time, thinking things, that generate anxiety and fear. I can suggest a few ways to hold awareness that I have used, but these are my experience, and you may find something different that works for you.
- set aside a day(24hrs) to focus your intention on not experiencing fear or anxiety. Get a small notebook to carry with you. The night before, call on the master's energy. Ask your master to help you wake up, the next day, fully aware of your intention for that day. As you wake up, and 'know' what you are going to be doing, you might find yourself extremely conscious of your thoughts, and find it very difficult to not think of something you shouldn't! Keep a sense of humor, the universe has one! You will relax into a comfortable state, at some point during the day, but you may find this process very distracting. The distraction is actually better defined as self awareness. You are paying more attention to what you are thinking. There may be lapses in awareness, but also, some experience of following observing thoughts from moment to moment. It can be very tiring, and alot of work to do this, but it gets easier over time, and you relax with the process more, and your mind settles down. Anyway, everytime you click into awareness, and find yourself having gone someelse else, past or future, experiencing some negative scenerio connected to anxiety, make a note of the time, and start over. You may find you are time travelling alot, and thinking of all sorts of things that feed your anxieties. Work hand in hand with the master's energy. This is not an easy task. If one does this sort of exercise, you will find yourself 'observing' your thoughts , much more. You will perhaps then experience having a negative thought, and becoming aware of it, midstream. At that point, you can stop the thought from completing. At a further point of development, down the road, you may have the 'awareness' of a thought forming, before it even forms, and neutralize it. You are simply staying aware, and in the present moment. There is no fear there , or anxiety. This is one method. It is not from SFQ, but you can put it in that framework, because of how you engage with the Master's energy throughout the process. Take a day off afterwards and reflect on your experience. Try it again if you like, in cycles.
Shr33m mentioned a mantra. I once had greater awareness of thoughts, as a side effect to practicing a mantra. I found myself aware of my thoughts, and knew, the mantra was triggering the awareness.
Let's say your anxiety is deeper, not necessarily from this lifetime. Your SFQ practice is a very useful tool to use. It helps you clear yourself at deeper and deeper levels, just naturally, through ongoing practice. Eventually, as the surface stuff is eliminated, you sit in meditative states, and gain insights, as you pursue self healing. Be patient with deeper blockages. Sometimes it can take awhile to work through and release deeper blockages. Don't feel stagnant in your pursuit, if you feel something deeper sets there. You are in movement, practicing self healing, in the process of healing. See it that way, as moving, not stuck. Moving in the right direction to release and self heal. Never stuck anywhere. As I have said before, you may plateau here and there and feel stuck, but, diligence and daily practice eventually bring shifts to better levels, or higher states of being that can involve releasing deeper blockages too.
Another simple method, I use , to stay more aware.... I have this spirit rock I got from the shores of Lake Superior, during a level 4 retreat. I keep it on my altar. Sometimes , when I finish my qigong session, I will choose, not to separate from the Master's energy. As I don't want to forget that I am connected, and be respectful of maintaining that connection, I take this rock, and put it in my pocket. During the course of the day, there will be several times, where the rock reminds me of the fact I am still connected, and I experience a higher degree of self awareness and connectness, during the day. I may remember having the rock, I may feel the rock in my pocket, or whatever, I immediately click into the present, when the connection is made. The gaps in leaving the present moment become shorter.
Another method of release: Writing. A way to actually hold your anxiety in your hand, is to write it down. This applies to aspects of anxiety or fear you are aware of. Once you have written it down, turn the paper over, and write the truth about this experienced anxiety on the back. Usually, the fear or anxiety one experiences, is not the truth of the situation, and you know it, whether or not you embody that truth. You can rationalize why you shouldn't be feeling that way. Again, write that down on the reverse side.
Call on the master's energy to help you release the fear you wrote down, and help you transform it into the higher understanding, of the truth of the situation. Then burn the paper, as let the anxiety go with the smoke. Fire and transformation. Releasing and transforming, with the help of the master's energy. Again, this is not specifically qigong, but it can be done utilizing the master's energy, and in the qigong context. Again, qigong to me, is just a state of being, not some specific Eastern exercise. The term is Chinese, a state of being is universal.
Base your self healing and increasing awareness, in your SFQ exercise and meditation, and try some excursions on the side, inbetween sessions, that help you stay centered in the present more, self aware, not travelling forward and backward in time, 'thinking' anxious thoughts.
love,
gallen

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved