Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50125 01/07/04 09:41 PM
gallen Offline OP
OP Offline

Just a reminder that the moon will be full tonight.
Some people in this forum may have done level III, involving the sun and moon meditations. It is a good time to do the moon meditation, perhaps this evening.
I first learned about the moon from an Inuit teacher. If you don't know the moon meditation, I can share an approach from my earlier experience. I still incorporate that, in how I experience the moon in my qigong meditations.,,,
The moon is the grandmother. This harmonizes with the yin concept , as far as a Chinese perspective goes. I was taught to first go to the mother, Mother Earth, thank her for what she is/does for us, and then ask her to help you with your prayers to grandmother moon. Going to her first helps ground you too. You could also use the master's energy. Your intention of getting this help, is very respectful to the Grandmother, and you can feel that, as you make that effort to get the help first, out of respect to her. When you move to being in her light, you will be well received. Just think of the concept of grandmother, and see if you feel that energy. Someone who loves you unconditionally, and is always special to be with. If you can get into the emptiness, it is possible for Grandmother moon to show you the future, or an aspect of your future, involving the time period to the next full moon. Being respectful, and sitting quietly, and saying the prayers are all it takes. Just say them, ask, and sit in silence. Close like you normally would in SFQ. Enjoy your meditations, whatever form, if you are acknowledging the moon tonight. Even a short message or prayer as you retire...
love,
gallen

#50126 01/08/04 02:17 PM

Thank you, Gallen. I was planning a special meditation for tonight and your info about the moon meditation is much appreciated. The skies have been very clear here in Philadelphia during the past couple of days and because of work and other activities I have been outdoors in the early morning and late evening (more so than normal). The moon has been especially beautiful. Yes, a moon medidation is definitely in order!

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved