Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50169 01/17/04 10:15 PM
Mary333 Offline OP
OP Offline

Hello all,

below I asked if Qigong has good effects on asthma and did not get any answer. Perhaps the good impact on the respiratory system is so clear that my question sounds obsolete.
Yet it would be good for me to hear some statements about it. I saw a list of diseases which benefit from Qigong and asthma was not included, so I really wonder.

Does not make sense to practice and then to find out that I better should leave it.
Nobody with experience on this topic? I would be really grateful, it`s not a joke to wake up at night to get a spray since 4 months now.

Many thanks,

Mary

#50170 01/18/04 08:22 PM

Mary, I recall a study on qigong's effects on asthma. I believe it's still up at http://alternativehealing.org/asthma_qigong_therapy.htm

#50171 01/19/04 09:09 AM

Hi Mary
For a natural method of asthma control that is widely used in USSR / AUS / NZ see www.buteyko.co.nz Most people get immediate benefits and within a short time no longer need inhalers or steroids.

They have now produced a video and workbook for those unable to get to a teacher.

My friend had similar symtoms to yourself and would wake up regulary short of breath and coughing for hours. Within 2 weeks she had no symtoms of night time asthma and is no longer using either inhaler.

The method is based on breath control and dictates abdominal breathing as does Qi gong.

At its simplest SFQ is a method by which we can open and unblock all our energy pathways in the body. Helping lung problems is one of the health benefits stated by Master Lin in the workbook for Level 1. Several of the exercises include opening the lung channels. One of the meditations uses visualisation to breath out blockages from the lungs.

SFQ promotes the balance of the mind, body and spirit which is true health. For that reason I would recommend it for everyone who wants to regain balance and harmony in their physical, emotional and spiritual life.

Love and Light
kate

#50172 01/19/04 03:00 PM

Hi Mary

My children suffer from asthma and I have helped them with qigong. you might be interested to look this up on the search. I think it was called helping asthma. Also the Buteyko method mentioned in this thread has been extremely useful for our kids and I recommend that you check out a practioner near you. I completely agree that it is no joke at all for those who suffer or those who care for them. I believe that SFQ would help you for this but my kids are too young to do it apart from the odd exercise that I suggest.

Good luck

Love,

Kev

#50173 01/21/04 09:01 PM

Mary333, I am here often but I sometimes have large absence periods. Even when here, I will confess to not reading all posts.

I'm listening to the SFQ level II CDs again. On it Master Lin describes a person with asthma that he helped. In fact, at the end of that specific example he states the SFQ can help will all maladies.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#50174 01/23/04 12:12 PM

let me add acouple of words on this:
Several members of my family have/had Asthma. Including my late mother who had it very severe. However, when she travelled abroad to a hot climate the condition completely disappeared and she could emliminate her inhalers. I suspected the dry air and change to natural unprocessed foods.
I have two nephews, twins, who developed asthma as toddlers. This simply got worse as they grew older so much so that they had to be hospitalised and one of them was on steroids with all it's side effects such as bloating and potential risks to eyesight etc. School attendancy went down to around 50% over several years. My sister who believes passionately in alternative healthcare tried just about everything she coud lay her hands on: herbs, homeopathy, tinctures, magnetotherapy, detox therapies etc, etc. Nothing worked until she stumbled across Buteyko: there was an instant improvement from day 1. ALL inhalers got thrown away within a month. School attendance returned back to normal. Now they are 16 and haven't had a serious attack for years. All thanks to Buteyko: a simple breathing technique.
I know this is off topic but i had to add this to encourage you try it as i know how debiliating Asthma can be. It is a form of Asphyxiation, very cruel and painful illness.
Love and kindness
Hakim

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved