Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50519 04/02/04 03:15 AM
OP Offline

Has anyone heard of any cure or lessening of tinitis....(ringing in the ears) ??

My ears have been ringing for about 30
years and I've heard that it's caused by excessive calcium deposits near the inner ear. I'd surely be a happy camper if QiGong could being me relief.

Your reply is appreciated.

#50520 04/02/04 05:45 PM

Hi,
There was someone who used to engage with the forum, who had this blockage. I haven't spoken with her for awhile. I know it was a difficult blockage for her to release, and I don't know the current status. I know this person received other benefits of practice, as they undertook trying to work through it. Everyone is different too. A particular blockage is a different scenerio for different people.
In general terms, I don't think there is anything that qigong can't improve or irradicate, and more so, there is the fact that you are more than your blockage, and qigong addresses you globally. The tinitus is obvious to you, as it has reared its head, so to speak, but you have several vital organs and systems within your body to care for and maintain a healthy balance. Master Lin as said that, if the system exists, it can be regenerated. I often point out, that it is 'often', easier to maintain a level, keeping it from further decline, rather than, to regenerate. I have no question about the ability to regenerate. It is just that for some people it takes alot of work, and it might not come fast and easy. I don't want to define that part, it is best to not place limits on this.
In qigong, the first step is defining the tinitis, as a blockage. This undercuts the self manifesting aspect, " I have tinitis."
You start to unmanifest it, by referring to it as an energy blockage. It is no different than another type of energy blockage. Just energy, not good or bad, ,, energy you don't need, that has manifested as this blockage. You learn to clear the blockage on a daily basis, constantly removing the 'yin' aspect through your learned technique. The yang aspect, which is the physically manifested part, can't sustain, or hold its form, without the yin part. It is immediate, in theorey , to remove the yin aspect, but , it can take time for the yang part to break down and clear. This all varies from person to person. The source of the blockage is there too. This is also an aspect that can involve some time to work through,,,or not..
As you undo what's manifested, you might be self generating it, for instance, through a negative emotional habit, or the like, at the same time. Again, qigong helps pull you out of that loop, if that is involved.
I don't participate in the other forums, but I know a bit about you. Please forgive me if I am off base, but if you have a strong spiritual background, combining that within this system of qigong, will greatly enhance your ability to heal self and others. Your preference of spiritual source can stay intack, and you can bring it through this template, or healing modality.
Qigong is very powerful when practiced , drawing on spiritual energy. Along with this fact, you also learn alot about yourself as a physical being too, from a different perspective, that involves the Eastern view of the body. Qigong, is the grandfather, or grandmother, of many Eastern healing modalities. It is a very pure, self empowered form, utilizing the same energy centers, pathways, and theorey, involved in, say, accupuncture and herbalogy, for instance.
Bottom line, you can sit and have this blockage, or, try and effect change. There is so much benefit in qigong practice, that you will certainly benefit in many ways.
love,
gallen

#50521 04/03/04 10:01 PM

Sure.

I have been practicing for only a short time and have included the exercise for tinitus into my routine. I also incorperate an exercise for my extreme nearsightedness. That is working too. It's too cool.

It has only been a month but I have already noticed a significant difference.

Qigong forever!!

#50522 04/04/04 03:40 AM
OP Offline

When you say you include tinitis in your
routine.......what does that mean? Are you doing something extra?...like focusing more
attention on the ears?
And so far, any lessening of the ringing?

If QiGong corrects my tinitis I'll be hollering so loud they'll hear me
all the way to Alaska. HA

#50523 04/04/04 04:12 PM

I checked the manual and there is no specific exercise for tinitus in level one SFQ. Perhaps Neil is speaking of another form of chi gong?

Are you in Scientology, 85'?

#50524 04/05/04 01:52 AM
OP Offline

Reply to Mayflower.......YES, since 1983

#50525 04/05/04 08:02 AM

The "ear exercise" is in a book from our library "Qigong Remidies for Health Problems" by Xu and some other Chinese author.

You stand up straight, feet shoulder width apart, place your palms (the laogong point or whatever it's called) over the ear canal. Both hands covering the ears. Overlap the tips of your fingers on the back of the neck. Now tap your left fingers 3 times, then tap your right finger 3 times. Do that for 1 minute.

When you've done that, pull your palms "gently" off the ears to create a small vaccuum.

It's quite cool.

#50526 04/05/04 01:14 PM

Thanks for the info Neil, but this forum is geared toward Spring Forest Qi Gong questions and answers. You're confusing us Newbies.

So, 85 you must be an OT by now? Yes, I was in Scientology too. Only for a couple of years when I was younger. I think TR's should be standard in all grade schools through college. Ah, but That's another
story.
I was wondering why you screamed YES at me. I failed to check out your shades before posting. I wasn't trying to insult you. My apologies.

[This message has been edited by Mayflower (edited April 05, 2004).]

#50527 04/05/04 07:39 PM
OP Offline

Mayflower.......I wasn't intending to
scream at you. Sometimes I just write in
all caps, that's all. This is the first time anyone has mentioned that to me.

Yes, I agree with you on the TRs. I've
drilled them dozens of times, as well as
watch my auditor use them on me in session.
They are powerful indeed.

#50528 04/05/04 07:43 PM
OP Offline

Neil......thank you for your reply and the practice you explained. I did it immediately. It feels neat. In my inner ear it sounds like the soft pounding on
an old attic door.
I will keep up the practice several times a day. Hope it works.

THANX.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved