Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

Well, to tell you the truth about me, I have a partially paralyzed left hand. My fingers can't move more than a quarter inch and they are basically fixed where they are. My fingers have been also crooked(I don't know but maybe folded?) for 17 years after I was involved in a car accident. Therefore I cannot open my hand.

So, my question is: Does it mean that I won't be able to open all my 12 body channels? Master Lin says that there are six channels in our hands and I believe three in each hand. Does it mean I will have only 9 channels open during practicing Qi gong?

I have been exercising my left hand a lot recently after I learned that opening fingers help body channel to be opened.

Anyway, in order to get full benefits of Qigong, will I have to wait until I increase the muscles in my paralyzed left hand? It seems it will take years.

Anyone have same experience like me?

And one last silly question: What if there is somebody who have no arm or hand? Can they learn too?
PS:btw, my right arm and hand and fingers are perfectly fine.

[This message has been edited by klizark007 (edited May 14, 2004).]

Learning Strategies Admin
Learning Strategies Admin

No-one is physically perfect we all have some sort of blockage somewhere. Energy isn't blocked the ability or inability to move a muscle it's the ability to know it in our heart and mind that we can move beyond these physical handicaps and allow the energy to move beyond the physical constraints.

To be able to use the skills of SFQ you only need to do whatever you can to the best of your ability.

If you wanted to do sword fingers but cannot straighten the hand, Then in your minds eye you see your fingers (the energy fingers) straighten and applying the energy.

Human energy may appear to us like electricity needing to be contained by wiring to control. However like lightning, it moves beyond those apparent confines. The key for us is to learn to feel it's presence and then allow it to flow in the direction that serves us best.

Alex

AlexK is right. You move the energy with your mind and body. You use what you have to your best ability.

If I were you your position I would be clearing my spine (consider the small universe) and then moving energy up and down my arm. Then if you know the level II material (don't worry if you don't) I would do the sword fingers and thunder palms exercises. Both of these move energy down your arms and out through the hands.

If you only know the level one material. Use sword fingers on your own arms. Remember to work on the better functioning side first; using the good example principle.

I would do exactly as AlexK recommended, and always visualize the hand as functioning as if Completely Healed. See it always opened and healed in all of your exercises.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Hello Sanj,

I have a case very similar to yours, which I have treated in the past. The gentleman in question, also a student was attacked in racially motivated incident and beaten so badly that his attackers left him for dead. The net result was that his speech was slurred, paralysis down his right side including his arm and fingers frozen in exactly the manner you describe.

When he first came to me I prayed to God for help at seeing his poor condition and destruction of his life (forced to work and leave his university education), to be honest I didn’t think I could help at all and it would be entirely in God’s hands to give him health. He had been in this state for 4 years before he heard about me and had by this time got about 5% of movement back in his arm/hand. I treated him with whatever I had in terms of massage, diet, herbs, exercises etc and sent him off without making any charge to him thinking I’d probably never see him again and that he’d probably tried every kind of therapy to be had in those 4 years. My father was very optimistic, saying he’d get better and return!

Sure enough 3 months later he returned to pay me the money for the medicine and to get some more and he’d had around 25% movement/sensation back in his arm. We had several sessions after that over a period of 2-3 years and sure enough his condition was much, much improved. At this point I lost contact with him and by now I believe I had acquired enough skills and training (including Qigong now) to treat him to a point he’d be almost as good as new. I wish I had known about Qigong back then.

Sanj, I do believe your condition is curable. Faith in this belief is very important. Also what you eat and exercise is important. If you were to combine a diet regime suitable for such nerve healing, together with massage/exercise and topped by a couple of hours of solid Qigong practice each day I truly believe you could to point where you had use of your hand and arm again. Let me come to this last modality: Qigong, don’t underestimate its power to heal for it is at the core of the other two I have mentioned. Since learning it I have amazed myself by the changes that can occur within one session. If you could do with some pointers in the other 2 areas drop me a mail and I’ll be happy to discuss offline.

A quick point on visualisation: as mentioned in the other posts this is very important and powerful especially when you are in a relaxed almost physically unaware state as happens when your mind goes into a void. Keep at it and practice the active and meditation exercises especially in level.

Good luck and God bless.
Hakim

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved