Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50668 05/21/04 02:30 PM
KWLee Offline OP
OP Offline

Hi

I would like to share an experience with the forum. First, I should say that the passive meditations have had my body swaying and bouncing lately. I had done the sun meditation this morning and an hour or so later I was down with a headache. Taking off my glasses helped, and so did turning down the contrast, but it was still painful to gaze at the screen.

There energy welling in the C7 vertebra, so I went off to do some moving of yin and yang for balance. It didn't help. Almost from the beginning, the shaking and bouncing came right back, which seemed to aggravate the situation. I went back whining to AlexK on the computer about it. She told me flat out to get back in there and do it. So I went.

I'm glad I did. All the usual moves didn't seem to work for me. In the end, the 2 exercises I do least of - harmony of the universe and 7 steps - calmed down my energy. And with the 7 steps, I had an aha. There had been an implicit holding on to "my energy" whilst doing this exercise before. Suddenly, it got to a point where I stopped making the distinction between "my energy" and "universal energy". I just let it come and go as I liked.

When this happened, the blocks started clearing. There was no more I. It seemed like there was this sea of energy surrounding me, and I had no more energy of my own. I could feel my aura blurring out. On the one hand, there was no more "my energy" in me to tap. On the other, I had access to an infinite amount of energy. There was a feeling of total harmony as ego faded into the background.

From that point, the movements in the active took on a whole new perspective. For example, when I was joining yin and yang, it wasn't even my energy that was being balanced. The universe seemed to be balancing itself.

The headache faded quite a bit too once the energies flowed freely. I seem to have stumbled on something here which I don't fully understand yet, but thought the forum might like to hear of. My apologies if the writing is a bit confused - I'm still feeling slightly disoriented.

KWLee

[This message has been edited by KWLee (edited May 21, 2004).]

To KWLee,

Thank you for sharing this experience with us. It sounds like it was really powerful, perhaps life-changing for you. This Qigong is some powerful energy, that is for sure. Good for you for following that advice to stick with it today!!

- - Anita

Hi, KWLee. I just wanted to share an insight that I had when I was at the Level 2 seminar and which seems to be similar to your experience. It came to me that sometimes the exercises that are the most difficult for us are the ones that we need to be doing the most. Now when I practice Level 1, I make sure that I do all the exercises either by following the tape or by doing it for the number of minutes statd in the the manual. Also, when I am doing the sitting exercises, I usually do them on the floor lying down because I also tend to move, and as blockages leave my body, I sometimes actually shudder violently.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved