Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
OP Offline

So much is written here about healing, etc., and I'm grateful for that. However, I’ve recently lost someone that I was/am extremely close to and I’m just trying to make sense and get a grip on what has transpired. Has Master Lin ever delved into a detailed explanation regarding his views about what happens to a person once they pass on?

Hi

I don't know what Master Lin has to say on the subject, but I wanted to offer my sympathies and condolences as you pass through this trying time.

KWLee

Dear Crawler:

Master Lin has spoken about the circle of life and how we have lived lives before and will live more lives. We are here to experience life fully while helping and loving others... all the time growing and trying to be the best we can.

There are always powerful feelings when people we love leave this circle of life. It is never easy to know that we won't see and be with our loved one. At the same time they have moved on and are now in a powerful place still growing and learning while preparing for their next circle. It is somewhat selfish of us to want to hold them back when their time came and they had to move on. We should remember them for the good they did and lessons they taught us and honor their life but at the same time we should not try to hold on to them and prevent them from growing and moving forward in their new life. This is of course easier said than done and it takes time. We should not ignore these emmotions as they are powerful teachers and often make us realize how precious life is and that time is so valuable and we need to squeeze life out of every second.

I'm quite sure that Master Lin can communicate with people who have passed but is careful what he says about these things as most of us are not ready for these lessons yet.

Love,
Agent B

OP Offline

AgentB/KWLee,

Thank you for your warm and thoughtful words. It is greatly appreciated and it is indeed helping me to focus more on love and cherished memories and not so much on loss & hurt.

God Bless,

Rick

Dear WebCrawler:
I am very sorry to hear about your loss. AgentB's response to you was eloquent and his thoughts reminded me of excerpts from an article I read in the Tricycle Buddhist review. I hope it brings you some comfort.

Excerpts on “Loss and Letting Go” from The Buddhist Review (Fall 2003)
By Frank Ostaseski (founder of Zen Hospice Project in San Francisco, the first Buddhist hospice in America)

FACING LOSS
Loss is the first period of grief, and it’s visceral. It’s like being punched in the belly. It takes your breath away. Even when death is expected, our bodies and minds can’t seem to take it in right away. We don’t want to accept the reality of this loss; we don’t want to believe that the person we love has died. And at the same time, acceptance is the task in this period.

Shock and disbelief usually give way to guilt and regret. We judge ourselves mercilessly: “I should have taken her to the hospital sooner. We could have tried other treatments. I wish I’d spent more time with her. I wanted to be there at the moment she died.” Our capacity to be cruel to ourselves never ceases to amaze me. At our time of greatest vulnerability, when we most need our own kindness, we club ourselves with self- judgment. If we could only just stop for a moment and listen to the sound of our voice, surely our hearts would open to embrace this pain.

MOURNING
Grief may be the greatest healing experience of a lifetime. It’s certainly one of the hottest fires we will encounter. It penetrates the hard layers of our self-protection, plunges us into the sadness, fear, and despair we have tried so hard to avoid. Grief is unpredictable, uncontrollable. There are no shortcuts around grief. The only way is right through the middle. Some say time heals, but that’s a half-truth. Time alone doesn’t heal. Time and attention heal.

In grief we access parts of ourselves that were somehow unavailable to us in the past. With awareness, the journey through grief becomes a path to wholeness. Grief can lead us to a profound understanding that reaches beyond our individual loss. It opens us to the most essential truth of our lives: the truth of impermanence, the causes of suffering, and the illusion of separateness. When we meet these experiences with mercy and awareness, we begin to appreciate that we are more than the grief. We are what the grief is moving through. In the end, we may still fear death, but we don’t fear living nearly as much. In surrendering to our grief, we have learned to give ourselves more fully to life.

LETTING GO
This is the painful period that goes on for some time, months, even years. When someone we love dies, it’s not a single event. We keep on losing that person. At holidays, times of difficult decisions, or in those little personal moments we want to share, we are painfully confronted with the absence of the person we love. We see clearly the roles that the person has played in our life, and we grieve for those also. We don’t just lose our wife when she dies. She’s the person who worked out all the battles with our kids, or made the money, or the one who touched our body with love and tenderness. When our parents die, we may find ourselves feeling fragile. They were the buffer between us and death, and suddenly we are more aware of our own mortality. This is the period when we feel most alone. Friends drop away in exhaustion. Others tell us to keep busy or to get on with our life. This is the individual’s fear of pain and our cultural predisposition toward avoiding anything unpleasant. Advice doesn’t help. Listening does.

MOVING ON
Grief is like a stream running through our life, and it’s important to understand that it doesn’t go away. Our grief lasts a lifetime, but our relationship to it changes. Moving on is the period in which the knot of our grief is untied. It’s the time of renewal. Not a return to life as it was before the death you experienced – you can’t go back, you’re a different person now, changed by the journey through grief. But you can begin to embrace life again, feel alive again. The intensity of emotions has subsided some. You can remember the loss without being caught in the clutches of terrible pain. The armoring around our hearts begins to melt, and in this period of moving on, the energy that had been consumed by resistance is now available for living. Now we move forward, but we’re not abandoning the one we love. We understand that even when someone dies, the relationship continues. It’s that the person is no longer located outside of us. We are developing what we could call an internal relationship with this person, and that allows us to reinvest in our life. If we follow the path through grief to wholeness, we may discover an undying love.

OP Offline

Starfish,

Yesterday (6/2/04), was extremely tough on me b/c it marked one month since my beautiful and beloved mother's passing on 5/2/04. We were extremely close and when she passed on it literally felt as if my heart had been yanked out.

For the past month, I cycle from feelings of grief, anguish, anger, shock, numbness, disbelief, etc., each and everyday. Nights are the worst b/c that's when my thoughts are the loudest. It's typical of me now to succumb to sleep at 2:30 - 3am b/c that's when I think my body finally gives out.

I want to thank you and bless you for your posting of this insightful and enlightening article. It puts into words exactly what my family and I am going through; I have made copies and mailed it to each of my siblings to help with the healing process. I know that in the future I will reciprocate your act of kindness by sharing this article with someone who I see is mourning the loss of a loved one.

Thank you again and God Bless you & everyone,

Rick

Dear Web.......In my Dianetics practice I deliver therapy sessions to people who are afflicted with many pains and sorrows.
The grief of losing a very close friend or relative can be completely released by Dianetics, thus allowing you to get on with life. There is no value in being held back, nor live life fixated on the loss with grief.

Usually it takes one session to bring about a full release of sadness, but with many people it takes 2 or 3 sessions. The release is quite dramatic, and when the session is over, my clients are bright, happy, and ready to move on.

And yes, we humans do live life after life after life. Reincarnation is a reality of life. We Americans, or the western world, find reincarnation to be strange, bizarre, and impossible.

Well over 50% of the world's population, however, believe in it.

One of the biggest joys in life is to
make contact with your past, and when we do so, it usually is to clean up the mess we left behind------i.e. admitting and confessing our evil deeds, for it is these
actions that paralyze the spirit. It is
these that limit our powers. It is these
actions that blind us to our spiritual essence.

In the Bible there are many references to the God within. Indeed we are
part of the Divinity.

When Master Lin repeats these words "I am in the universe, the universe
in my body, the universe and I are
combined together," ----those words
mean more than mere flesh and blood.

The spiritual energy of the universe
partly consists of the physical energy, but MAINLY spiritual energy........i.e. OUR ENERGY.

that's how I see it.

quote:
Originally posted by WebCrawler2010:
So much is written here about healing, etc., and I'm grateful for that. However, I’ve recently lost someone that I was/am extremely close to and I’m just trying to make sense and get a grip on what has transpired. Has Master Lin ever delved into a detailed explanation regarding his views about what happens to a person once they pass on?

Hi Crawler:

In your next sun meditation after the part when that sun has filled your heart with love energy for 10 minutes ask your Mom how she would like you to go forward. I'm sure more than anything she wants you to be happy (don't all our Moms?!). She will help you find your way and heal your heart break.

Also do not be afraid to ask for help from others. That is what we are here for to help each other. There are a lot of good people who have lost their Mom's and can help you along your path as Dianetics has explained. Healing happens in many ways.

Master Lin often says that people with a certain illness become true experts at healing others with those very same illnesses. Someday you may be a great healer of the heart (or maybe a heart surgeon!) and help someone else who has lost their Mom and you will be in the right place at just the right time to really do something special.

A big heart hug to you,
Agent B

OP Offline

Hello Agent B/Dianetics85,

Thx for reaching out and especially for your warm and supportive words.

Agent B, I am deeply appreciative about what you wrote in your reply regarding posting a question to my Mom during the sun meditation and asking her how to move forward (what a comforting and fascinating idea). However, I’ve momentarily stopped meditating because I’ve been too emotional, feelings of grief, anger and panic. I dunno, it’s just that whenever I’m by myself and I close my eyes (mostly nights around bedtime), I immediately see an image of my Mom, and then the realization that she’s gone crashes in and I get that jolt of pain in my heart area. In addition, I recall from listening to one of Master Lin’s tape whereby he states that meditating while in a highly emotional state is not good. So, it’s definitely something I will do once I begin to feel a bit of ease with being alone with my thoughts.

Your last paragraph was beautiful and encouraging. It reminded me so much about my Mother and that is, that no matter how bad she was feeling, whether she was in a lot pain, etc., you wouldn’t even know it because she was always warm, kind, considerate and especially helpful to others. I know deep within my heart that I will honor her memory by continuing this legacy and doing like she did. Thanks for helping me to remember that I want to be like my Mom.

Dianetics85, the therapy/releasing sessions that you wrote about is highly intriguing and merits further inquiry not only for myself, but especially for my brothers and sisters. How essentially does this process work and what does it entail? I must confess that I do feel a bit of resistance thinking about the process and the thought of moving on. I guess I’m a bit troubled with the notion that if I release my sorrow then it would mean that I’ll forget her and that I love her less. Intellectually I realize these thoughts are ludicrous, ridiculous even, but it’s the first thing that comes to my mind. Anyway…

God bless and kindest regards,

Web

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha WebCrawler2010,

My prayers are with you and your mother. Please add yourself to the weekly group healing so that we may support you in that way too. Of course you've already been put on many people's meditation/prayer list, so know that there are people you don't even know that are out there right now supporting you with love and healing energy.)

There tends to be a lot of emotions around the loss of someone close and special to us. Thanks Starfish for the reference and AgentB for the reminder of working from appreciation(abundance), rather than loss(scarcity). Chunyi has talked about this a handful of time at association meetings, etc.

To contact Dianetics85 regarding his therapy sessions or anyone else about other therapies, please do so by email by clicking on the Sunglasses icon next to their reply/post.

Much Love, Shawn

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved