Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50805 06/20/04 03:44 AM
mayork Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been practising SFQ for 6 months now, usually 30 minutes active exercises first thing in the morning during the week, and then sitting meditations around lunchtime at the weekend. My intention of doing SFQ was not to cure or amioliorate any illnesses, but to still the mind and enjoy the meditative aspect of the Qijong

I have had my blood pressure tested as high in the past, and had it tested again last week and was shocked to find that it was higher than ever. I would have thought that with the regular gym exercises that I do 3x a week together with my SFQ, it would be under control. Chunyi Lin mentions lowering high blood pressure via stroking the fingers while using the affirmation 'my blood pressure is dropping, but I am confused as to which fingers he is referring to.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I could use SFQ to lower my blood pressure? I am seeing my doctor next week and the last thing that I want to do is to have to start taking meditation. My last reading was 150/105. Any advice would be welcome!:-)

#50806 06/20/04 01:21 PM

In Level 2, we learned that the fingers you massage are the middle and the little fingers. Massage the sides of the fingers. Move toward the hand to lower blood pressure (away from hand, if you wanted to raise it).

Master Lin recommends doing this massage of the fingers for 10 minutes, several times a day.

There are some other things you can do, and they are outlined in Level 2.

Best of luck with your challenge. I too am hoping to stay healthy using SFQ. I've learned one thing this year, and that is that SFQ is harmonious with other healing systems, even Western medicine. I used to think that the different healing methods were sort of enemies. But many folks who have been helped by SFQ, also have gotten lots of help from their doctors too. It's true that Master Lin says you should check with your doctor, etc, but I still thought that I could "do it all" without depending on Western medicine. Well, both systems are helpful.

I'm sure other people will give you encouragement and information here. I'll step aside now.

Good luck. Keep practicing SFQ. It has many benefits. We're pulling for you.

- - Anita

#50807 06/20/04 06:10 PM

Dear May......my bl. press. was on a slow rise over the past year. I found that changing my diet helped the more---less coffee, more clear water, and
more exercise.

Another good aid is to bring about a form of release which happens during good communication with a friend, spouse, et al.

By expressing an exact feeling and the exact time you felt it brings about a release. Don't just yak and yak and yak,
like a broken record, but exactly explain what you experienced. And do this with
someone who will not try to interpret
it, nor steer you into what to think,
but with a good listener who acknowledges
your narration, and no more.

You might experience yourself YAWNING or
STREATCHING as you narrate, and that's
good. that's release.

Try it. Good luck

quote:
Originally posted by mayork:
I have been practising SFQ for 6 months now, usually 30 minutes active exercises first thing in the morning during the week, and then sitting meditations around lunchtime at the weekend. My intention of doing SFQ was not to cure or amioliorate any illnesses, but to still the mind and enjoy the meditative aspect of the Qijong

I have had my blood pressure tested as high in the past, and had it tested again last week and was shocked to find that it was higher than ever. I would have thought that with the regular gym exercises that I do 3x a week together with my SFQ, it would be under control. Chunyi Lin mentions lowering high blood pressure via stroking the fingers while using the affirmation 'my blood pressure is dropping, but I am confused as to which fingers he is referring to.

Can anyone give me any suggestions as to how I could use SFQ to lower my blood pressure? I am seeing my doctor next week and the last thing that I want to do is to have to start taking meditation. My last reading was 150/105. Any advice would be welcome!:-)

#50808 06/22/04 03:23 AM
mayork Offline OP
OP Offline

Thank you, Anita and Dianetics for your replies. I have only been working on Level 1 up to now, and appreciate the extra advice from level 2, Anita.

I agree with Dianetics that exercise and diet are also important and feel that I am working pretty well on those already. One thing that I cannot do anything about it seems is the inherited nature of high blood pressure that I have. However, I will keep up with my SFQ and meditation and have faith that it will work. Thanks again for your kind thoughts and input.

#50809 07/01/04 02:17 AM

Hi mayork, I don't want to go against western knowledge, but a part of me says don't accept the statement "... I cannot do anything about it seems is the inherited nature of high blood pressure ..." Have faith and confidence in the fundamentals in SFQ. You have want you need in level I. There are other techniques in level II that may help you with blood pressure, but techniques is not the most important element in SFQ.

I am confident you can lower you blood pressure through SFQ.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#50810 07/02/04 03:47 AM
mayork Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks I am 2, I always value your feedback on mine, and other replies.

My doctor has told me that I should monitor it every day and if it hasn't improved in a month, then he will prescribe the medication. Unfortunately my readings are no better, but it certainly does not mean that I will not continue with SFQ, as I am receiving plenty of other benefits from it anyway.

#50811 07/02/04 11:30 AM

Hi, Mayork. I have had low blood pressure all my life, up to and including the time I had bladder surgery. However, my pre-op EKG showed what they called an extra heartbeat. They didn't bother to tell me this, and when I was in recovery, the nurse asked me if I had always had the extra heartbeat. It turns out that I had mitral valve prolapse with moderate to severe regurgitation of blood back into the chamber. I was put on some medication that had a very bad effect on me. How this relates to your situation is that all of a sudden my blood pressure went sky high whenever I went to the doctor. I changed cardiologists and the new one put me on a very benign medication (compared to most blood pressure medications)called Cozaar. I bought myself a digital blood pressure monitor and soon gave up on it because when I took my pressure at home, it was always perfect. Whenever I had an echo and was relaxing and talking to the tech, she would suddenly take my blood pressure, and again it was always fine. I'm not telling you to not monitor yourself every day, but I just wanted to make you aware (if you are not already) of what they call "white coat syndrome" which is when people's pressure raises when they are at the doctor's office. If you have anxiety about this, it could also happen when you monitor yourself at home. I hope everything works out for you. It has taken me longer than many people to have my condtion respond to Qigong, but I have kept at it, and slowly, I am getting better, and I am sure that you will too.

#50812 07/03/04 04:11 AM
mayork Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks, Claudia for your helpful and considered response. I also felt that I had 'white coat' high blood pressure, but it appears to be no better at home. If I do go on any medication I will ensure that it is benign, or I would stop taking it. Like you, I am sure that Qigong helps in so many ways. Great to hear that you have yours well under control, love Mayork.

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved