Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#50826 06/21/04 06:52 PM
rgsmith Offline OP
OP Offline

Does anyone have any specific suggestions for using Qigong with a person who has multiple sclerosis?

RG......During the active exercises ---especially the first 3----I experience a strong sensation of energy pulsating through my hands, and it feels good.
It is my opinion that if you are faithfully doing Active Exercises DAILY
you'll experience the same, and I would
hope bring relief to your MS condition.

The Moving of Yin and Yang, and the Breathing of the Universe---in my opinion---should bring renewed energy to the body
and correct the problem.

I'm not an experienced practitioner, however, and would defer to someone with more experience.

Best of luck.

If you go onto the Spring Forest Qigong website, under the "Testimonials" section you will find the story of Kathy Weihe of
Little Canada, MN, who also has MS. If this is the same story that is in Master Lin's book, she tells how she practices Qigong and how much it has helped her. I hope reading about her experience will help you.

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha rgsmith,

The active exercises are set up to address the whole system. If we were to look at specific areas to address with Multiple Sclerosis, I'd mention the following:

The Moving of Yin & Yang and the Small Universe Meditation will help open the channels at the base of your head and nervous system.

The Harmony of the Universe will assist in clearing and developing the heart area/ Middle Dantian and spiritual energy.

Although these three would be good ones to treat yourself to extra time with, don't overlook the whole active exercise set and meditations to provide overall support of your system.

Much Love, Shawn

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved