Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Grant,

I don't post very much. However, I went to Wiscounsin and spent 11 days with Rex. He's a great guy and an even better teacher. I highly recommend anything that he sells or teaches.

I agree with MikeB, Steve Andreas is also outstanding. I've had many conversations with Steve and he is a nice fella as well.

There are 3 schools of NLP as I see it:

1. Pioneers
2. Explorers
3. Innovators

Pioneers - Those are the trainers and thinkers who are loyal to the original intentions of NLP. John Grinder, Carmen Bostic St.Clair, Sid Jacobsen, Chris Hall, to name a few.

Explorers - Those are the trainers that have taken the original model and modified it but stayed true to the presuppositions (rules) and ecological concerns. However, they have written about their applications, models and expansions of the original code. Steve, Connirae and Tamara Andreas, Robert Dilts, Judith Delozier, Todd Epstein, David Gordon, Richard Bandler, John LaValle, Paul Scheele.

Innovators - Those are the trainers and thinkers who have taken the original model/code and turned it inside/out upside/down to find the limits and applications and added their own spin. Rex Sikes, Jonathan Altfield, L.Michael Hall, Essential-Skills trainers, Ross Jeffries, and many more.

Email me if you want more info.

Good Luck, and...
CommonSense
aka - gene_bryson@yahoo.com

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks guys,

CommonSense thanks for seperating NLP into groups like that.

I think this is a very pertinent question:

What areas of NLP do you think are the most helpful and what applications of NLP have you guys used and found most useful?

A few examples of application, I will also find useful.

I have a few books on NLP but none of them say you can do this , this and this etc. Kind of like reading about *how* to use heavy machinery, but not *what you would use it for*. I also found a book full of NLP exercises and not being sure what's NLP or what's somebody's idea of being funny in a smart way.

Where would I find a good intro to the applications of NLP? You could say it's too much to mention, but how do you get a grip on it's power then.

Please, any contributions, I'll be grateful for.

Grant

Hi Grant. I think the reason that the books you have don't say specific examples of what to use NLP on simply because you can use it on anything.

Seriously.

what in your life would you like to change?
What goals would you like to accomplish?
What about yourself would you like to improve?
With who would you like a better relationship?

Name a goal, NLP can help.

George

Grant Offline OP
OP Offline

Thanks George, I suppose NLP gives a person no excuses when it comes to achievement of one's goals.

A specific question I have on an application of NLP is: what exactly are "Propulsion Systems", how do they work, and how do I make use of them? Is generative change a type of "Propulsion System"?

Is the generativity of Natural Brilliance an example of a "Propulsion System"?

I like the idea of only being able to go forward even when I try to go back! But can someone tell me how to set it up on myself.

Another thing, The Ecstacy Twins by Richard Bandler, builds good feelings upon good feelings, that's how it's advertised. How do I do something like that using NLP?

The Euphoria Paraliminal uses the Natural Brilliance cycle, so it could be doing something similar to The Ecstacy Twins, ie building the good feelings, and finding out what works and what doesn't.

How would I use propulsion systems to build friendships, love, healing, optimism or anything else that is good?

For any assistance, I'll be very grateful.

Grant

www.neurosemantics.com

This is the site by L. Michael Hall and Bobby Bodenhammer. The site contains a lot of good articles!

Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved