Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#4563 06/06/02 11:04 PM
OP Offline

yesterday i met with someone my psycologist introduced to me over the internet. She is nice and i think i have a new friend. It just went so well. She not really my type, she into things that im not (drugs, alcohol, and sex) where im into things like (thinking, god, talking) but we're still becoming good friends. This made me think that there must be other nice, non-shallow people out there, but how do i meet them? im going back to school in the fall, but i never seem to meet people at school. 1. i was made fun of in grade 9 and since then i dont really talk to people. im like a shadow i go to classes then go home. thats it. I want to meet nice people with siimilar interests as me (NOT SHALLOW) sigh
how do i meet people? I am really psyched after meeting a new person.
Any advice? where/how should i meet people like me?
thanks
walk in peace
boylanpower

#4564 06/07/02 06:18 AM
Administrator
Administrator

You've got virtually the whole collections of paraliminals if I remeber correctly. Work with the relationship one for a bit, and the self esteem super charger. With your improving motivation and mindset you'll probably find them working more for you. Once you're ready you'll discover many ways to find new friends. Initally you'll get more comfortable just making converstation with people serving you, selling you a book or pizza or whatever, when that happens you'll notice that you can talk with many people and some will become friends and others will just be like messengers. Just start noticing if it seems a little easier and allow yourself to grow from there.

You'll find friends in the unlikely places... perhaps even school .

Keep with the spirit
Alex

#4565 06/07/02 06:19 AM

How would you know if most people weren't really shallow, but that they were just afraid of letting people get to know them?

How would you know that you can relate to a person like that?

George

#4566 06/07/02 09:15 PM

Deal w/ your own shallowness and you'll suddenly notice it just disappear from others. Instead you'll see w/ more understanding.

Are you afraid of being shallow?
What don't you like about shallow people?
Do you know anyone in your family that is shallow?

Open up your heart to yourself and your shallowness and you'll be so much happier and self confident.

Listen to self-esteem supercharger daily. You need to solve a riddle in your life and the key is in your projection of your own shallowness onto others.

Perhaps you do this to stay safe in some peculiar way. Perhaps you do it to keep yourself from being rejected. This behavior could have served you well at some time in your life, but it's not helping you at this time because you are lonely.

If you can, buy the Natural Brilliance Course. Every time i listen to it, i gleen new stuff. It's made for people who are stuck in some manner.

[This message has been edited by Margaret (edited June 07, 2002).]

#4567 06/08/02 01:14 AM

In my own experience, it is very difficult to relate to small talk and chitchat, when you are recovering from a deep depression.

When one is feeling light-hearted it is much easier to deal with things that aren't important to your deeper needs. When one is depressed deeper needs rise to the surface because these are the needs that need to be addressed by the sufferer...it's a natural healing mechanism.

BoylanPower when you use side B of Relationships, make known to yourself your deeper needs of healing from another person, like deeper understanding and emotional connection. Use Prosperity to draw into your life deeply caring people.

In time you will be able to interact with others at a more shallow level, but don't rush that - you have a wealth of experience to share with others - celebrate your depth and willingness to leave shallow waters.

God bless,
Grant

Moderated by  Wendy_Greer 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved