Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#51027 08/24/04 12:42 PM
OP Offline

Hi, I am currently on level one of Awakening Prologue (Bill Harris - Centerpointe Institute) In fact he introduced me to this program.

Is it okay to do the active exercises whilst listening to Awakening Prologue. Is it okay to do the meditation exercises whilst listening to it.

Or will it undermine the effectiveness of the program?

The reason I am asking is that I use the Awakening Prologue CD for hour a day which would greatly increase the time I could spend on the program.

Thanks

#51028 08/24/04 06:47 PM

I have been using centerpointe CD's and am on level 4 now. I tried the Qigong exercises while listening to the centerpointe CD although honestly I found it very difficult. The energy that gets stirred up from the CD's seems to conflict with what is being done in the Qigong exercises.

Although what I did find is that doing the small universe meditation worked very well while listening to the centerpointe CD's. They complimented each other very well in my case.

These are both very powerful systems and done the right way, incredibly beneficial.
I would reccommend doing the exercises seperately.

jeff

#51029 09/08/04 05:44 AM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha kateynixon,

You can check out the past posts on this same topic. A lot of time by doing a search on your question, you'll find the answer and...more questions.

Master Lin recommends to avoid mixing Spring Forest Qigong movements including the meditations with other energy techniques. This includes Holosync - give it it's own time and SFQ it's own as well.

Much Love, Shawn

#51030 09/08/04 01:11 AM

I just think it's a pity that it is not a good idea to combine techniques. There is not enough hours in the day as it is. Whoever made the days 24 hours short really buggered up immensely. Someone should design a method for effectively combining methods. I am also one of the many holosync users and I am just researching its effects on myself. I think that there are things that you can combine and maybe things that you shouldn't. I do combine holosync with some other things as there just isn't enough time in the day/week for me to do all the things I want to do as often as I want to do them so I need to be as productive as possible by multitasking as much as possible. Do qigong, holosync a meditation and theres a good deal of your day gone. What's the point of doing these things if you don't get the time to do much else. Anyway when I listen to Holosync I will usually imagine that I am breathing pure energy and light in and out of every pore of my body, or I will do some type of visualization exercise like seeing myself playing better golf or snooker (I'm getting much better), or I will broadcast a message of what I want into the universe - works well for me, or I will imagine doing EFT or TAT on myself or I will imagine that I am doing the qigong active exercises - feels very real to me. So be creative (holosync should help with that) and research combining techniques and find out what works or doesn't work for you. All I can say is that mixing some things with Holosync seems to work for me. As my ol mate Bob says, let go of opinions and just use what works for you.

#51031 09/09/04 11:13 PM

Although I'm sure the Centerpointe people would disagree, I have chosen to do both when I have time. I have time in the morning to do Qigong, and sometimes in the evening, I do my holosynch CD. Some nights I just can't fit it in. And I still progress forwards, but perhaps at a slower pace, which is OK for me. And hour a day is tough when you want to exercise, meditate and do SFQ, I've actually sacrificed the holosynch (which is funny because they're the people who recommended SFQ). Perhaps in the future I'll chose to do it more regularly and eliminate something else. But I agree completely that doing both is tough to fit in.

#51032 09/14/04 08:08 PM

Hi Bethdogg.
I am also using Holosync(Level 1, Immersion 0,5) from Centerpoint, plus I am listning to Natural Brilliance. And now, as you, I have gotten an offer for SFQ. I just ordered Level 1 SFQ today. I really do hope, that i can find time to do it all. The last i would sacrifice would be Holosync, because if that baby from centerpoint delivers what they say it will, over time, I am very currios about my future brain-situation ;-).
Best wishes to you all from Denmark.

#51033 09/15/04 01:13 PM
OP Offline

Hi all,

got some advice from Cenerpointe which has sorted me out. Am now doing Holosync lying in bed first thing in the morning by way of waking up one hour early but not losing sleep over it - this leaves me an hour later in the day which I used to use the program, free to do the Spring Forest. Only problem, is that I have overloaded my self with self development stuff and have little time for anything else. This is not entirely Bill Harris's fault - am a kind of junky for self development courses and each time I find one I think it is going to be the ultimate.

Just wanted to recommend the latest one I have found which is really powerful and a technique which when learnt can really be done in 3 to 15 mins a day. It is early stages so I havent proven the efficacy of his system beyond doubt, but it is the easiest thing to do and very enjoyable to learn. Check it out at www.effortfree.com.

#51034 09/15/04 02:11 PM

Hi self-development junkies:

I use to do both Holosync and SFQ. I am now 4 or 5 years down the road and my advice to you is to keep them separate and you really don't need to be doing so much. Know that you are just going through a phase where your world view is changing and you don't need to be doing all these self development things. God/Universe will bring to you what you need at just the right time. All you have to do is slow down and pay attention.
Stop spending money and overloading yourself with all these things that you "should" be doing. Spend 30min to 1 hour a day (5 days a week) doing exercises and meditation and then 20 minutes a day reading and that is your maximum. Meanwhile live your life.

In fact by doing too much we actually don't progress as quickly. QiGong is a gentle art and less is often more. In fact you are perfect right now and really just need to slow down and then you can experience the world at the speed of light.

I only do SFQ now. I found Holosync to be too hard on my brain. SFQ lets you open your third eye, lets you see auras, lets you heal others, lets you heal others at any distance, heal yourself and focus on specific organs or problems to bring your body back into balance, improve mental telepathy, feel feng shui and energy from plants and animals, experience past lives, and puts mystery back into your life bringing you closer to God every day.

I'm not trying to put down Holosync as I do think it was helpful for me to teach me how to discipline myself to put in 1 hour every day. It also teaches you how to go into a deep meditation. It also helps you to powerfully unload a lot of stress and deep emotional baggage. But somewhere in Level IV I just knew it wasn't right for me any more. In fact I was almost addicted to it and I was like a junkie trying to get off it with real withdrawl pains.

While doing SFQ on your own is helpful, there is nothing like the experience of making the pilgrimage to Minnesota and experience Master Lin in person.

Happy with SFQ and finding my way,
Agent B

[This message has been edited by Agent B (edited September 15, 2004).]

#51035 09/15/04 07:53 PM

Hi Agent B and everyone! I enjoyed what you said regarding your Holosync experience and the comparison between Bill Harris (Mr Salesman) and Master Lin. I may see the CD I got from Learning Strategies about SFQ now after your motivating read. I also appreciate your honesty relating to your Holosync experience. I am now into Level 2 and Immersion .3 (coming into the home stretch).

It will be all the Holosync for me. I've grown a lot since 6/03 when I started Awakening Prologue but LS' Paraliminals are good for me too and Pete Bissonette helped there to get me started. He has helped me and I am grateful to him. But I know that Holosync has helped my development but all good things must end and we have our individual free will to choose what we want in life. I feel I have gained much personal maturity with Holosync but feel I need to stop it now and relate to the valuable input of your experience which you provided. Thanks again! Enjoy yout life journey!

crowfan (Rick)

#51036 09/15/04 09:54 PM

Hi Rick:

There certainly are a lot of choices in this self development world. We go through phases and just need to be aware that sometimes we don't have to work so hard at it. As we make progress it becomes easier to evolve and reach higher levels quicker. Just from being unhealthy to healthy is a huge improvement but then to evolve spiritually really is a kick. Kind of like a snowball rolling down hill.

Cheers,
Agent B

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved