Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51158 09/16/04 01:51 PM
delsha Offline OP
OP Offline

I am new to Qigong...have received Deluxe packet of Spring Forest Qigong. In manual it says that injuries block Qi. I have had many broken bones (in over 40 places) from a car accident. I have much scar tissue in my body. Will I be able to work through the scar tissue to unblock the channels and Qi?

#51159 09/16/04 06:07 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha delsha,

Tendons, bones, organs...it's all energy holding a certain pattern and a certain time, space and speed. Spring Forest Qigong works with the underlying energy of that which we perceive as solid, and brings it back into balance and optimal flow for the person.

It's working on that yin or spiritual aspect of the energy and then the yang or physical energy follows suit afterwards. This is why you can do the exercises and meditations to open the channels, but a physical response may or may not follow right away.

Much Love, Shawn

#51160 09/16/04 06:49 PM
delsha Offline OP
OP Offline

Shawn,
Thank you for your quick response. I am looking forward to practicing Qigong and seeing its results. After reading some of the other questions presented on this forum I realized that I had not mentioned that in this car accident the steering wheel of my car ruptured my spleen and it was removed surgically. Hence, my immune system is now compromised without a spleen. Can SFQ help the body take over the duties of an organ where an organ is missing?

#51161 09/18/04 02:17 PM

Hi Delsha:

Welcome to the world of SFQ.

For those on the forum who don't know the Spleen is shaped much like a loose fist and tucked under the left side of the diaphragm, the spleen is the most ignored and misunderstood of all organs. After all, we read numerous times that someone in an automobile accident or a fight has a ruptured spleen so the spleen is removed (splenectomy) and life goes on.

What we don't read about is that splenectomized people sometimes later have problems with bacterial infections of the blood (sepsis). What does this suggest as the function of the spleen?

The spleen receives blood from an artery off of the aorta. After passing through an intricate meshwork of tiny blood vessels, the blood continues to the liver. The blood vessels of the spleen are surrounded by nests of B lymphocytes - mainly of the memory type. As the blood slowly moves through the spleen, it is monitored by T-cells for any non-self invaders. If some suspicious cell or molecule is detected, it is presented to the resident B-cells for a match to an appropriate memory B-cell. Once a matching B-cell is activated, the cell divides rapidly and begins producing antibodies directed against the invading antigen.

The spleen blood vessels are also lined with macrophages which swallow and digest debris in the blood such as worn out red blood cells and platelets.

Without a spleen then you will have to be more careful as you are putting more stress on your liver and other organs which will have to do more work. I have had malaria many times and have had serious liver problems so in your exercises and meditations you want to keep your liver (and kidneys) strong. The liver loves green energy so visualize green light cleaning and energizing your liver and thank it every day for all the amazing work it is doing. When I walk in a forest or am in a green grassy park I always visualize the beautiful green energy going to my liver. Avoid alcohol and consider more of a low acid diet. Too much protein puts a lot of stress on the liver for digesting it so eat small quantities of meat and more fresh vegetables.

QiGong can indeed help and will keep your immune system running in top shape. Someday not too far off you will be amazed at how all these health challenges you now face will give you so much ability to help others with similar challenges.

You are in good hands with SFQ in your corner.

Let us know how you are progressing from time to time and don't forget to put yourself on the SFQ weekly healing group.

Love,
Agent B

#51162 09/21/04 12:09 PM
delsha Offline OP
OP Offline

Shawn,
I thank you so much for such an in-depth explanation of the function of the spleen and how the liver and kidney take over for it. No doctor has ever explained anything close to this to me. I am now convinced that the people at SFQ know what they are talking about and how SFQ can help people with any problem area of their bodies.

#51163 09/21/04 12:21 PM
Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

Aloha delsha,

You're welcome, but the credit goes to the traveling, humorous guy -Agent B

Much love, Shawn

#51164 09/21/04 12:42 PM
delsha Offline OP
OP Offline

Agent B;
My sincerest apologies for not noticing it was you (Agent B) and not Shawn who gave me the wonderful explanation of the spleen and its functions. I think this forum is wonderful and a very useful tool in helping people get the most out of SFQ. The questions posted have been very insightful and the responses very thoroughly explained. It seems that there are very intelligent people at SFQ and people exploring/using Qigong to benefit themselves and others from what I can see.

Best Wishes,
Delsha

#51165 09/21/04 11:04 PM

Hi Delsha:

Keep in mind that we aren't doctors and they are incredibly smart people with lots of great help. If you start to have serious trouble get tested and define the problem clearly. You will need to keep educating yourself and see how your body reacts going forward. You may find certain foods that you didn't use to like are now your favorites or vice versa. You will learn to listen to and observe and make better and better choices. Gallen made a really important point that the yin-Spleen is actually still imprinted in your body and this will help greatly to harmonize all your organs to work like a symphony but you will have to change some life-style things like diet and alcohol and the QiGong will be the icing on the cake.

Much Love,
Agent B

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved