Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51166 09/17/04 05:58 AM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Is it ok to do qigong for say an hour in the morning then an hour in the evening? That is, is it ok to do the qigong active exercise routine two or more times in the same day. Can you do too much?

If I want to do a two hour session of qigong should I go through all the active exercises only once or cycle through the whole routine a few times? What is best?

With EFT you can clear blockages in one minute flat but you have to frequently spend 30 minutes or more doing qigong to get the same effect. So why is it the more you do qigong and the longer you meditate the better it is for you?

#51167 09/17/04 08:24 AM
4space Offline OP
OP Offline

Just something else that came to mind while I was doing qigong.

If you build up too much chi, is it possible that you could spontaneously combust?

#51168 09/17/04 08:47 AM

EFT = ?

#51169 09/17/04 09:51 AM

I don't know if you can build up too much. I suspect not. The lower dan tien is described as having infinite capacity.

My understanding is that you are always connected to the universal energy and so always have access to that infinite source. You are part of the universe.

On a more practical side. I don't know the details but I believe Master lin has meditated in a cave while fasting for something like 40 days and he did blowed up real good. So you and I are probably safe.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51170 09/17/04 09:54 AM

You can clear blockages in 1 second. The longer you do meditations active or sitting the longer you spend in the emptiness. The more you help others the more you life is filled with love. These both change you to make you a better healer.

You are perfection.
Iam2

[This message has been edited by Iam2 (edited September 17, 2004).]

#51171 09/18/04 01:54 PM

Hi 4Space:

Practicing twice a day is wonderful. Morning is an excellent time. 11 to 1 (both noon and midnight) are also auspicious times as all your channels are open so you can make great progress on many fronts. But any time that works for you when you can disingage from this busy world and just let go and do the SFQ exercises you will greatly benefit.

I often have a 10 or 15 minute opportunity and grab an few small universes during my day so we don't have to always block out the big 1 hour blocks to get your time in.
Yesterday in fact I did 7 cycles of small universe while listening to presentations by boring speakers at a meeting and instead of feeling tired and frustrated I felt really energized when the presentations were over. When you get in a traffic jam and aren't moving... do a small universe or just visualize an energy ball and move it around your body. If other people are in the car with you move the ball around and let others have it in their body for awhile... Don't try this while driving! If you see someone in another car who looks like they are ready to have road rage then toss the ball to them and put it in their heart and see if you can watch them transform to a more relaxed state.

Go out and play in the world with your QiGong... you don't always have to sit alone and do the exercises but you do need to come back to them on a regular and disciplined basis.

For the first few years 2 hours a day is generally the max. The benefits seem to drop off as your channels are open and vessels are full so you don't really retain a lot of benefit by doing more on a regular basis. I know for me I get tired rather than energized if I'm doing too much SFQ so again you are seeking that balance. Just listen to your body and be a detached observer and you will quickly see the truth about which exercises are right for you. It changes over time so go with the flow.

Slowly over time you are changing your frequency and reaching better and better vibrations so as you do the active and sitting meditation exercises you are indeed letting go of a lot of emotional baggage, getting in touch with your physical, emotional, mental and spiritual abilities and growing as a person who can then help others in more powerful and effective ways. QiGong is a gentle art and the "can do" US style of more is better is not always best. Listen to your body as it has infinite wisdom our brains tend to discount.

There are cases of people who have injured themselves using QiGong recklessly. Stick to the exercises and be mindful of your positive intentions and it is hard to impagine someone getting into that kind of trouble with SFQ especially if you are asking for help from god, the universe, Master Lin, Jesus, or other wise and positive masters. It is always good to get together with other SFQ practitioners and get feedback and helpful hints. This forum is a great substitute as there is so much practical and real world applications logged on by all the good people practicing.

Take it slow, breath in all that good energy that is always available around you and enjoy the ride.

Agent B

#51172 09/18/04 03:23 PM

Hi 4space,
It is okay to do qigong, in the way you asked about.
I enjoy an early morning session, then again at noon. In this sequence, I feel the benefit of my morning practice, amplify my noontime experience. It feels great, and is the most powerfully felt. It isn't just that noon is such a good time. The earlier session effects the second session. I really feel good. Things are moving.
I also do something later in the day. It is more toned down, and is a very relaxed, a quieter feeling of satifaction, solid accomplishment, and also a bit of reflection on the day. 'It can follow the energy of the day.'
We all lead different lives, and your qigong practice can balance with that. I find it very good, that there is alot choices of what to practice. Different active exercises, and different meditations. Within that, do what you feel like doing. Outside of formally setting aside time, you can do brief egagements with things throughout the day, and also, work on your level of awareness, all the time.
Regarding time limits to practice. The best I have ever felt, is after a retreat. That, involved me in 'several' hours a day of practice. I made great gains. This is not possible for me to do all the time, as I have a career and family life. I fancy the life of a monk. It is not for me in this lifetime, but it certainly has its attraction. I know of no monks or anyone who practices extensively, even removing themselves from the outside world, exploding or imploding, over doing too much energy work.
Being a healer, for instance, would be a great lifestyle. In essence, you would be engaged in focused qigong work for a great deal of your day. Also, receiving great benefits from that.
-Maintaining a balance, is always involved in any self practice, or healing practice.
-It doesn't take 30 minutes to clear blockages with qigong.
-Qigong is not only about clearing blockages!! It is just an exercise either, or, set of exercises. Do you not see the benefit of engaging with a practice that brings greater wisdom, and awareness? Knowing the truth to things? These can be just words , or fully self realized source energies, that keep expanding, in how you perceive them.
Although the material deals with self healing,or healing others, this is just one facet of qigong.
-It is a practice of self realization too. You are not just a body, or a body with blockages.
Qigong, in a purer, more grand definition, is a natural state of being. It is not an hour here , or an hour there, removing blockages.
It is a way to be, a knowing, an awareness. It is an alignment with truth. It can bring one to the reality of who you are, and the eternal aspect of who you are. Sit in it. Spend all the time you want doing it. Do it formally as a session, do it in a thought, or moment. Do it all the time. Soft, hard, long, short, inside, outside, early, late,physical, spiritual,,,,make a balance that works for you.
Sessions are good checkpoints and mini retreats during your day, to regenerate, energize, purify, rebalance, release, rerealize, etc... Make time to create these 'dots', then connect them.
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved