Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51229 10/01/04 02:46 PM
OP Offline

When performing level II healing on others, how can someone protect themselves when the other person has really strong negative energy? I always throw away the negative energy when I pull it out of the person, but its like I take on more just being near the person. For instance the other day the person was just radiating a bad stomach ache. When I was done working on them, they felt better but I had both a headache and a stomache!

I find when I work on some people I have no trouble at all. However, there seem to be an increasing amount of people who I have a hard time blocking out there bad energy. I do not know if its because more and more people are increasingly stressed and are not taking the time to take good care of themselves? I'm not sure, but anyway... What do people recommend I should do? What does everyone here do when healing with SFQ to protect themselves?

#51230 10/01/04 04:19 PM

Hi Royal,
I don't care for the perspective of 'protecting' oneself. Hey, you are a healer, and, you are plugged into higher purpose work, and working with a master's energy, which is a connection to greater spiriutal energy. Walk in to your healing space with outward confidence, and radiate with your being and high intension.
Don't withdraw, or draw in.
Bottom line, if you take on someone else's negative energy, or blockage, just clear yourself afterwards. You have the tools, the exercises. You can do this , along with statements of intention too, not embodying this person's energy. It is as easy to release from you, as taking it from them, but, I prefer my first statement of how you are present in this dynamic.
I read a qigong method the other day, regarding negative energy. Master Lin has shown ways to hold the hands regarding protection, among, I am sure, other techniques... There can be instances, although rarely, or never, for most people, where this can come into play. I am not referring to what you are asking with this, but this other master's approach to this, was to open your eyes very wide, and summon up the whole of your spirit. In that fullness, there is no room for negative energy to enter. I think the same applies to how you come to a healing session. It is obviously not coming to work with Linda Blair, as her head turns in circles!! , but still, you have your energy integrity, and the person you work on has there energy field. As a healer, and I don't say that lightly, you are empowered to help people. The universe supports this kind of work, in a big way. Feel that support, radiate with confidence, and be full in spirit. You are calling the shots. You won't take on the energy, if you don't allow it. If you take it on, no biggy...just release it again.
On one, perhaps two occassions, I have sensed an unhealthy energy field around someone. I sort of stood back, and simply raked my hands downward, fingers open, to just smooth down the energy field, or sort of clear it downwards as I became engaged closer to them. The movement is secondary to the intention. This way I did this, was one way, not 'the' technique... Just a choice at the time, relative to that experience. I have heard of this sort of approach from healers who have worked with more toxic energy, like people exposed to radiation therapy. Sort of clearing a path through the goo, or combing it down or clear a bit, beforehand. Again, this is a specific, with a specific person/healer, and a specific situation. It is not something to imitate, due to an intellectual adding of information to one's techniques. You have the power to shape, or create the direction of the experience.
A few times, I have felt someone else's symptoms. I instinctively work on myself to get rid of it, sometimes before any awareness of a possible connection. My reaction at that point of realization is a 'thankyou', to my master, for showing me 'how' to get rid of it. Always,...........always.... a positive deal. Don't think 'protection'.
love,
gallen

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved