Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#51293 10/16/04 12:07 AM
w9pnr Offline OP
OP Offline

I have been practicing Level I for 3-4 weeks and find the following:

1. At various times through the exercise I experience warming/sweating. It is not continuous and happens mostly when doing Harmony of the Universal Energy. Is this normal and, if so, what does it mean?

2. I am experiencing an increased level of fatigue with each passing week - to the point now that I need to take a nap each afternoon to stay active. I am almos 80 and have NEVER in my entire life taken a nap! Is this fatigue a byproduct of the exercises or should I look for some developing disease?

3. Other than the above, I am not aware of any positive effect of the exercises. I have done them almost without interruption for 4 weeks now and as I said, am now aware of any benefit either physically or emotionally/spiritually.

4. I have recemty been diagnosed with Poly Myalgia Rheumatica, probably induced by the stress of providing total care for my wife who has brain cancer.

My original objective in getting into this program was to help her and now I find we both need it !!

I have Level II but have not made any attempt to get into it until I am more comfortable with Level I and also have a better understanding of what is going on.

Can anyone give me some guidance, please.

Thank you

Fred

#51294 10/16/04 06:04 AM

Maybe the level and quality of awareness with which you are doing the exercises is bringing your attention more and more to yourself?

Perhaps it's just messages that, hey, you need to slow down a little, rest, and take care of #1 every so often.

It might not necessarily be signs of ailment, rather it may be awareness of a condition that has existed for quite some time ... it's just that the level of quality of checking in hasn't been this good in the past. That is, maybe you just need some rest and this is the first time you've noticed.

That's just a guess.

#51295 10/17/04 04:00 PM

Hi,

1) Heat and sweating is normal, and good. Don't take off layers of clothing. Hang in there, it is a good thing.

2) Fatique is also normal and a sign of good work being done. It is a possible side effect to self healing. Take that nap whenever it moves you. Connect to your master's energy as you lay down, and ask for help to keep the self healing going as you sleep. When you wake up, energetically wash your face, comb hair and cup head, massage ears,,,,,/ cup kidneys, massage kidneys, hold hands there to feel energy connection between hands and kidneys(warmth), or, rub hands vigorously, and place palms on kidneys(three times).
DO NOT LOOK FOR ANYTHING, NOT GOOD FOR YOU.
You are doing fine, and this is all normal.

3) You are on the front end of this. Stay with your practice. You 'may' have alot of clearing to do. Benefits will come with time,
and, are happening now. Your age, and many years of not doing this kind of work are a factor. Don't think alot about these aspects, but rather, focus your mind at the work at hand. This will speed up the process.

4) Leave the diagnosis at the doctor's office. Work with your doctor, but don't take on any negative, self defining energy from the doctor. Define yourself, as completely open, with no blockages. Keep putting that message in your selfwork. Focus your mind on this. It is the 'best' thing you can do,,,period,,,regarding what you heard from the doctor. Release any residue thinking with that energy.

Open your level II and start reading. There is much there to help you, and especially, your wife. Your intentions and love can empower you to be very effective helping your wife 'now'.
Stay connected with us, there is alot for you do get up to speed on. Utilize the group healing on Saturdays...
love,
gallen

#51296 10/18/04 12:34 AM
w9pnr Offline OP
OP Offline

Gallen -
Thanks much. You helped a lot. I did not know whether to stop for a while or what. I will keep on chuggin'.

Fred

#51297 10/18/04 01:16 PM

w9pnr, I got the sense that you are primarily doing the active exercise, try doing sitting meditation. This is valuable to you and especially valuable if you wish to help others.

Babayada and gallen have each given you the encouragement and direction you need. I would like to recommend for you the black sesame tea you'll find in the level II material.

I also always seem to want to echo the 6 keys to successful qigong practice. Never forget that you are just the conduit of the loving energy of the universe. It will take your loving intentions and transform your world appropriately. You don't have to know the details of how to achieve the transforming. The techniques provided in SFQ are simple mechanism for helping you vividly and lovingly form your intentions. As gallen mentions focus on the positive. Do this and review the six keys that will help your healing work.

You are perfection.
Iam2

#51298 10/22/04 10:10 PM

Fred......fatigue very likely is your body telling you what it needs first. i.e. rest.
You might be sleep deprived, or just exhausted and need rest before other improvements can occur.

My opinion comes from Quantum Touch which is a hands on therapy, the theory being that the body will tell me where to place my hands on a person's body.
example: say a guy has a sore shoulder and I begin applying the QT energy, and within a few minutes his pain will shift to the head...........THAT'S THE BODY SAYING THE HEAD NEEDS THERAPY (energy) FIRST...
OK? Make sense?

Best wishes

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved