Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
OP Offline

I found this forum a few weeks ago, and am overjoyed that such a great place exists. I've been doing SFQ off and on since around last December or so. I've been pretty consistent (fairly consistent?) since about the end of June 2004.

I've encountered various difficulties along the way with my doing SFQ. Later on, as they became resolved, I realized they were no big deal and I shouldn't have freaked out about them so much. Probably the biggest one that sticks out in my mind was figuring out the Reverse breathing. I just didn't get what it was about, and at first, I'd start to feel really anxious or even short of breath whenever I'd do it. However, that situation was resolved several months ago and breathing is no longer a point of great wonderance for me - not a hinderance - so I'm very happy about that.

I've been a little intimidated, I guess you could say, by the level of quality and love I've felt from this forum that I've been a little hesitant to post anything until now. My need for help has overpowered hesitation and now I've decided to post.

For the past few weeks (I haven't really kept track, it may have been about 3 weeks to a month or so) I've been experiencing this sensation of the energy that I'm concerned about. It feels like the energy is off center in my body.

For example, during the Breathing of the Universe, I'll try to concentrate on drawing the energy into my lower Dantian, but instead it feels like it's being drawn to something like my lower right quadrant of my abdominal area or something. Or it will feel like it's moving horizontally back and forth in my body (like left then right, right then left) - sometimes it will feel like I'm drawing energy into a spot outside my body to the right or something. I obviously don't feel the energy as strongly when this happens, and don't really feel it where it should be - the lower Dantian.

Another example would be during the Moving of Yin and Yang: the energy sometimes feels like it's zigzagging as I move it up and down. When this happens I don't feel the energy as strongly in my hands as what I used to, or don't feel it as strongly in my body either. Earlier, before the zigzagging, the energy sometimes felt like it was swirling around my hand in a circular manner, but not on center at my hand.

These things are also incredibly noticeable during the Small Universe Meditation.

Sometimes I can force everything back into place - this takes a huge amount of effort and it doesn't feel like I can sustain it. When I don't sustain it, I start to feel great anxiety that I am doing something wrong or might mess something up. I've felt this anxiety and similiar sensations before in my SFQ. Sometimes when this happens, I'll start to feel really hot, get this unpleasant prickly sensations, and feel panicy.

I'm a new poster, so here's some data on me:
I'm 21 (be 22 Nov. 2nd)
I'm a Junior Level Nursing Student (for RN)

I'm about to type my opinion of the situation, however, I have a problem of diagnosing myself and in this situation I'd really rather get the opinion of other's who are experienced on what's going on and their recommendations - I want some peace in this. So if need be, completely disregard the following until after you type up your opinion. After that, then read : )

With my SFQ, it seems that I'm working through certain blockages faster than others. Psychologically, I'm really feeling a lot happier - I'm starting to feel like I did when I was a kid. As I'm clearing out these blockages I'm experiencing some of their symptoms. When I was younger, I had this huge problem with controlling my mind. I was very "religious" and came from a very strict background. My mind would say "bad words" and I would try to get my mind to stop saying them. It's not like I'd get angry and then think them - it's like my mind would think/say these words and it would make me feel crazy and bad because my mind was doing these horrible things and I didn't feel like I could stop it. I felt that I was doing these "bad" things, but I couldn't stop my mind from saying them no matter how hard I tried, and that horrible things would happen because I couldn't control what was going on (I didn't have any trouble controlling my outward behavior though - I was always very well mannered and did not get into trouble at school or anything). I'm not exactly sure how or why I finally got over that, but now I'm thinking that a blockage must have been formed to block that out, and now I've opened (or are opening) that blockage and am experiencing those symptoms again - but now it's manifesting as feeling like I can't control how the energy's behaving and that I'm "bad" for doing that, and that horrible things could happen because I'm having trouble controlling my mind. Still, despite this theory, I'm feeling anxious and worried concerned about my experiences - especially considering it's been a few weeks of this now.

I feel like maybe I'm fighting this when I should maybe just be chilling out.

Anyway, I thank you all for your time and effort, and for making this forum - even before typing this I've felt a strong connection with your love energy. I'm thrilled to have been led to SFQ, and thankful beyond words for Master Chunyi Lin.

Peace

-Curtis

Philip, first I would like to say welcome and all messages here, like in SFQ, a form of energy. Thank you for sharing yours.

The second thing, is you are not supposed to used the word diagnose in SFQ. It's just a legal thing. Only licenced medical professionals diagnose. However, sharing your thoughts on what you think is your problem is wonderful. It all the more energy for us to experience.

The third thing is your second last paragraph is your best advice in a nutshell. Your currently experience is similar to the ones you alluded to having earlier. They seem like problems when they aren't progressing as we expect, but later on we can see they are just part of the process of healing.

That's where the Trust come in. You don't have to consciously understand what is happening to you during your own exercises. You can just release your worry to the universe and Trust it is part of your healing. The more experience you have in trusting and then seeing the healing occur the more confidence you will gain.

So I'll echo your own advice. Just chill. You can control your thoughts. If they stray, smile and bring them back to the meditations as directed. If you feel the energy someplace new. Thank it. Don't follow it or fight it. You need only do the meditations and experience however you and the universal energy are combining at this moment.

Remember you are not aware of everything that is happening, you can't be expected to understand it all. Just trust in the universe and someone with better vision than us.

I once ask Master Lin a similar question, but mine was about a very nice experience. His reply was short. He said you don't understand what is happening. I wasn't the smart*** and say Duh, that's why I asked you! I understood that it is my answer. I don't understand. I trust in the good of what I am doing. I am positive and I, with the universe, will create the positive.

Trust and stay positive.

You are perfection.
Iam2

Hi Philip,
Welcome.
I don't have the time at the moment, but I am going to send you an email off forum.
love,
gallen

OP Offline

I was very busy yesterday, and though I did check in and see the comments, I did not have the time to respond the way I wanted to.

When I woke up Thursday, I felt much better about this situation. It's like the words that I'd typed had become more real to me and I felt so much more at peace. I've really noticed an extreme transformation in my life since I've started SFQ, and I'm happy and at peace.

So, I was feeling so at peace, and as I read Iam2's response, my calm was being verified.

A big thank you to Iam2 and gallen also, who e-mailed me some information.

Love

-Curtis

PHilip........I've come to trust the universal energy as well as the body's communication. Both are nearly infallable, in my estimation.
Our bodies' DNA program within every one of our 50 trillion cells was immplanted billions of years ago, and it is infallable.
Think of it this way. At the end of the day you feel tired. You go to bed and sleep.
While asleep your body is like a nest of honey bees going to work restoring energy and vitality to you for the next day.
You don't have to intend, not plan, nor operate any mechanism.. The body does it entirely alone, perfectly.

You impregnate your wife and trillions of cells are set in motion working together
to form the foetus , and after 9 months the mother's body releases a new body baby.
UTTERLY MIRACULOUS.

Therefore, trust the energy of the universe.
Observe it in operation, and expect anything to occur. What you think should happen might be 3d or 4th down the line.....i.e.
something must occur first, and then you will see you expectations appear.

You will gather additional information about this from Quantum Touch.
their website is:

www.quantumtouch.com

BEst of luck to you

Learning Strategies
Learning Strategies

FYI:

The person the quantum touch web site uses as a reference for a comparison with Qigong is speaking from his qigong system and not Spring Forest Qigong.

FYI 2:

...yes the body you have is a wondrous self-righting machine and your body's DNA, organs, systems will do what they're designed to do. Like a car though, if you put in poor quality gasoline, run it around in the Minnesota salt covered roads without cleaning it off, don't change the oil regularly, and don't adjust your driving to the environmental conditions, or go into road rage it will run poorly, be overcome with rust, and be a hazard on the road that even the best intentions and safety systems of the manufacturer can't overcome without proper TLC.

Each of the six factors that block qi in the SFQ level I course can make an impact on your body, and yes, even change and damage the DNA so what it's replicating may not be in it's best interest. Spring Forest Qigong is a message healing and an energy healing. It’s the TLC that helps you go back to the emptiness/universal manufacturer and realigns your "car" parts and information systems into an efficiently running machine.

Much Love, Shawn

[This message has been edited by Shawn_Grim (edited October 26, 2004).]

Moderated by  Shawn_Grim 

Link Copied to Clipboard
©, Learning Strategies Corporation, All Rights Reserved